Click Here!

"You are not registered, please register to log in"

Guest Naradin

Guest Naradin

It's been a long time since I logged in so before updating to the new system I had to get my password reset. The first time I tried this, I got an error. The second time, it seemed to work. However, when I try to log in (at the top right, as instructed) the screen basically just refreshes with no change (i.e. I am not logged in). When I tried to log in via the middle login just for a shot, I recieved the message: You are not registered, please register to log in.

Hope I can get this worked out. Looking forward to updating some very old stories.

Our passwords are now case sensitive, so if you created a password with a capital letter in it anywhere, you must always use that capital letter. You also need to log in with the email address associated with the account, and any mistake in typing that would also cause the error you're getting.

I'm not showing you active for a couple of years now, but I believe this is you: Naridin

Given the time frame since your last access, I'd like to suggest that you clear all your old AFF cookies, clear your browser's cache and history, and log out of AFF, even if you don't think you're logged in. Close the browser completely, and then restart the browser and try logging into AFF. We changed our domain name slightly, and you may have some outdated cookies that are interfering with the login.

Other than this, DG will have to help. :)

No luck, I'm afraid.

I have a feeling it might have to do with the reactivation. I may have accidentally deleted the reactivation email if it did indeed ariive.

Attempts to resend result in this:

Activation Re-send Resending your activation could not be completed for the following reasons
  • You have already activated your acount.
  • You have yet to move your account to the new userpanel system.
  • You have not yet registered
  • there may have been a system error.

Honestly, if it comes down to it, a new account might be more appropriate to my improved writing style, etc., but it would be a shame to lose such a large archive of my old works so if there's anything that can be done, it's so rush but I'd appreciate the help.

Your account appears to have been activated, since I do show you as having been active in 2013, and as being registered under the new code. So, there should be no reason to reactivate, which makes the first option the likely one.

However, DG has access to the database itself, which for obvious security reasons, is not something we can all access. She can see a great deal more, and she's brilliant at solving these issues, so let's see what she can tell us.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.