Click Here!

Praetor's Discussion Thread

Praetor

7 hours ago, Praetor said:

Thanks for reviewing.  Haven't thought that far ahead yet, Anna is the most obvious choice though, and I don't like doing the obvious.  I couldn't just not have some reference to Let It Go because it's so iconic of Frozen, rivaled only by the shopkeeper with the funny accent and impaling Olaf (both of which I also included).  Anecdote, I was living under a rock when Frozen Fever rocked the world and the first I ever heard of it was part of the song on a comercial for the DVD.  So it's what I think of first and the lyrics bizzarely matched her transition into a member of the harem.  As well as maybe her sexual awakening, I always thought Elsa was asexual.  Or at least chaste.

I suppose you could do a little filler or something that involves Elsa getting “more acquainted” with her fellow harem members, as well as having her experience anal, but that’s just a suggestion.  It’s your story, so do what you will with it.

As I said, the use of Let It Go is harmless, so it’s fine to include it.

I’m kind of okay with Elsa being asexual or chaste as well.  There’s been a theory going around that Elsa might be a lesbian purely based on the fact that she doesn’t show much, if any, of an interest in men.  My counter-argument to that is “Did she show any interest in girls either?”

Plus, I have a real problem with the mentality of “Well, they never showed an interest in the opposite sex, so they must be gay!”  That’s a stereotype and represents a very narrow worldview.  After all, the character could just as easily be asexual and/or aromantic, as in not interested in a sexual and/or romantic relationship with anyone of any gender.  Point is, don’t make assumptions about someone’s orientation based on stereotypes.

Maybe it didn't come up at all because there were far more pressing matters at hand.  Elsa was kind of going through a lot.  I don't get this 'Gay unless proven straight' Tumblr mentality.  Like the rampant speculation that Poe is gay for Finn.  Especially when gayness seems to only be confirmable with some sort of consummation.  I imagine Elsa's love interest will be the subject of the next Frozen movie.

I don't really like filler, it feels like just filler.  Scooping up Anna will be the focus of the next chapter and maybe introducing one or both to anal.  Realistically, it's part of the same arch and more like pt 2 of this act and I probably could have combined them into a super chapter but that'd be long and extend the development time.  Don't know what I'll do chapter after next.  Merida is next on the list and that's a good springboard point but I'll see what else comes up.

23 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Maybe it didn't come up at all because there were far more pressing matters at hand.  Elsa was kind of going through a lot.  I don't get this 'Gay unless proven straight' Tumblr mentality.  Like the rampant speculation that Poe is gay for Finn.  Especially when gayness seems to only be confirmable with some sort of consummation.  I imagine Elsa's love interest will be the subject of the next Frozen movie.

That she was, and yeah, this mentality people have regarding gayness has gotten a bit out of control on the internet and has become quite toxic in some circles. 

Part of it comes from people who like to interpret EVERY little interaction between characters as shipping fuel.  Now, I confess that I used to indulge in that sort of speculation-based-on-interaction thing as well, but ever since an incident involving a character I liked, I decided that it’s best to avoid shipping unless the story specifically addresses it.  After all, are characters not allowed to be just friends?

Another part might be that those people are just looking for an excuse to have fanservice and fetish stuff made canon.  Sorry if that’s a bit cynical, but that’s just something that’s crossed my mind more than once.

As for Elsa getting a love interest in the sequel, we’ll just have to wait and see, although they could just as well pull a Queen Elizabeth the 1st and have her decide to remain single for the rest of her life.  Not that that would stop the fanfics from deciding otherwise.

40 minutes ago, Praetor said:

I don't really like filler, it feels like just filler.  Scooping up Anna will be the focus of the next chapter and maybe introducing one or both to anal.  Realistically, it's part of the same arch and more like pt 2 of this act and I probably could have combined them into a super chapter but that'd be long and extend the development time.  Don't know what I'll do chapter after next.  Merida is next on the list and that's a good springboard point but I'll see what else comes up.

I understand, and it was just a suggestion.  It all sounds good, and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Hey! Based on expanded universe materials, anna apparently THINKS elsa might be bisexual, as she composed a list of potential secret admirers that included both sexes.…

HOWEVER, it turned out she was misunderstanding the situation entirly and elsa has no confirmed or demonstrated interest outside of anna's shipping goggles, so evidence is leaning towards chaste.

• 2 weeks later...

Queen Elizabeth the Onest was unmarried, which I don’t interpret to mean ‘never took a lover’ but that’s neither here nor there.  Next chapter of Overlord is up.  I kind of meant to do Anna next but wrote that concurrently with this episode and it ended up getting done far sooner so I awkwardly rolled it into the next one.  Who cares right?  The order doesn’t really matter as long as the story continues.  I did so much research for this chapter too, like so much random history and culture of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and other vaguely Celtic stuff.  Then hand jammed stuff in wherever it would fit, often awkwardly.  This one is also a little exposition heavy to explain the geopolitical situation and plot threads with the princesses.  I suppose if i really put my head to it I could make it more gradual and natural by having characters find this information out over time but that would take a fair bit more effort, the story is written in increments and it’s all ultimately besides the point since the lemons is what we’re here for.  I’m right in thinking that right?  No one here showing up for the zingy one liners and because there are just so few good Konoha High stories that Naruko’s Pact will just have to do?  Anyways, tell me what you think, what you’d like to see, or anything that comes to mind really.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, Praetor said:

Queen Elizabeth the Onest was unmarried, which I don’t interpret to mean ‘never took a lover’ but that’s neither here nor there.  Next chapter of Overlord is up.  I kind of meant to do Anna next but wrote that concurrently with this episode and it ended up getting done far sooner so I awkwardly rolled it into the next one.  Who cares right?  The order doesn’t really matter as long as the story continues.  I did so much research for this chapter too, like so much random history and culture of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and other vaguely Celtic stuff.  Then hand jammed stuff in wherever it would fit, often awkwardly.  This one is also a little exposition heavy to explain the geopolitical situation and plot threads with the princesses.  I suppose if i really put my head to it I could make it more gradual and natural by having characters find this information out over time but that would take a fair bit more effort, the story is written in increments and it’s all ultimately besides the point since the lemons is what we’re here for.  I’m right in thinking that right?  No one here showing up for the zingy one liners and because there are just so few good Konoha High stories that Naruko’s Pact will just have to do?  Anyways, tell me what you think, what you’d like to see, or anything that comes to mind really.

Forget to say that I left a review, tho by this point you probably already seen it.

I did, thank you for that.  I am glad Merida’s character got over, it was refreshing to write a bolder character.  My only issue is I realize now that I missed an opportunity to have the Loch Ness Monster appear in the lake.  I don’t think there’s enough reaction from others about Hiccup’s going ons.  This kind of makes sense on Burke, where I am sure most of the denizens there are just like ‘Oh that’s just Hiccup and his friends.  They’re always doing weird things.’ but the Disney kingdoms are new to all this.

4 hours ago, Praetor said:

I did, thank you for that.  I am glad Merida’s character got over, it was refreshing to write a bolder character.  My only issue is I realize now that I missed an opportunity to have the Loch Ness Monster appear in the lake.  I don’t think there’s enough reaction from others about Hiccup’s going ons.  This kind of makes sense on Burke, where I am sure most of the denizens there are just like ‘Oh that’s just Hiccup and his friends.  They’re always doing weird things.’ but the Disney kingdoms are new to all this.

Yeah, a few more reactions would be nice.

So, what are you planning next? Will it be an unpublished story or a new chapter for one of the published ones?

I want to integrate more teasing from the women and am considering making it part of Hiccup’s policy for administration and diplomacy.  Having the women be the appealing face of his regime and maybe even exchange political favours for sexual ones or loaning out harem members are rewards for loyal service.  Dunno, haven’t decided yet.  Probably either Overlord or Spellbound.  I have the next chapter of Spellbound planned out already and I feel like I owe an Anna chapter for Overlord since Merida was kind of a swerve bordering on bait and switch.

Man, I really fell behind.  Since Mad Love actually has an overarching story, it's harder to write.  On top of it just not exactly being my favourite work.  Also because of that, I can't give too much away.  I am still trying to structure the chapters around lemons since that's the point of the story.  The next one will probably be Harley and Starfire getting Horsecock Girl more comfortable with her new body and role (nudge nudge wink wink).  Then after that, the integration of a Kryptonian.  May do that one first since it's shorter.

Yeah, I'll name the chapter Bechdel Test.  Since the relationship dynamic of the harem will probably never be a factor, much less a focus, of the story, I don't see it as particularly conductive to build it up and flesh it out.  Unless I exponentially expand the scope of the story to accomodate that, which would tripple its length, quadrouple its width, de emphasize the lemons (which are kind of the point), and make individual chapters take even longer (writing the dialogue and interactions is what takes forever).   It's why I accuse One Piece of being an inefficient show.  It goes on forever, none of it is skipable, and there's only so much to actually care about.  But if you all want it, I'll do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Random Gravity Falls idea inspired by the idle musing ‘If there are Manotaurs, would there be Womanotaurs?’ that I mentioned to Strange Idea and he said to tell you…

What if the Manotaurs never gave Dipper the test to kill the multibear, and as such he based every test and was considered an honorary Manotaur, meaning that he gets brought along when the Manotaur herd has one of it’s scheduled meet ups with the Womanotaur herd (which much like the Amazons of Greek mythology or the female bison of America (well, actually many animals spend the majority of the year in gender segregated groups, but the bison seemed the most appropriate example), keep to themselves except for the breeding season, with the young staying with their mother until the males are old enough to be weaned, then sent off to live with their fathers) and a few of the statuesque bovine women chose Dipper as the subject of their attention?

1 hour ago, Jwsponky said:

Random Gravity Falls idea inspired by the idle musing ‘If there are Manotaurs, would there be Womanotaurs?’ that I mentioned to Strange Idea and he said to tell you…

What if the Manotaurs never gave Dipper the test to kill the multibear, and as such he based every test and was considered an honorary Manotaur, meaning that he gets brought along when the Manotaur herd has one of it’s scheduled meet ups with the Womanotaur herd (which much like the Amazons of Greek mythology or the female bison of America (well, actually many animals spend the majority of the year in gender segregated groups, but the bison seemed the most appropriate example), keep to themselves except for the breeding season, with the young staying with their mother until the males are old enough to be weaned, then sent off to live with their fathers) and a few of the statuesque bovine women chose Dipper as the subject of their attention?

Wouldn't they just be holstaurs?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.