Click Here!

Praetor's Discussion Thread

Praetor

Well, I figured that if it was from a one-use-only object, and if he was off-put by the changes, he wouldn’t be able to change it if he so chose. The Infinity Gauntlet is a multiple use object.

As for why I said no to Sue Storm:

1. Fics with her cheating on her husband are a dime a dozen 
  2. She was never a love interest of Spidey’s in any continuity
  3. If you think about it, Reed’s super-stretch powers means that he could make his dick as big and as long as he wants for her, and he could even turn his appendages into tentacles if she asked and if she wanted to.

Is it?  It looks fried and damaged at the end of Infinity War.  I figured it was broken, I guess the 50% wave overwhelmed it.  Which makes correcting the situation more complex than simply getting the gauntlet again.  I was just wondering if there was a lot of new Sue Storm hate like there seams to be with America Chavez.

I suppose that if you were going by the movies, that would be the case, but in the comics, it took many uses before the Infinity Gauntlet broke beyond repair.

As for hating Sue Storm, as far as I know, there isn’t any beyond a few stragglers over the years who didn’t like her for one reason or another. I was just asking you to refrain from what’s become a bit of cliché involving her in fanfiction and the like.

16 hours ago, Snake_King said:

Hey Praetor.

I just wanted to run by a Spider-Man story idea I had and see if it tickled your interest a bit.  It’s admittedly got a similar premise to Omniharem, but hear me out.

Basically, Thanos (or some other big name villain) has wiped out most of the other heroes and is after the cosmic cube, a one-use-only artifact that can warp reality to fit the desires of the one who touches it.  Before the villain can touch it, Spider-Man manages to snag it in time and grants his wish, although it went above and beyond what he initially thought it would do.  He awakens back on Earth in his bedroom and then finds things have changed as a result of the cosmic cube:

• The heroes who were killed by Thanos/(the villain of your choice) are alive and well
  • His parents and Uncle Ben are among the living too
  • He’s got respect as a hero both in the super community and among the civilians
  • He’s in good with the Avengers and Iron Man has provided him and his family with state-of-the-art security and protection
  • Many of the lovely ladies he’s courted or been interested in over the years are all buxom, curvaceous, in heat, and decided that they wouldn’t mind sharing him

Harem:

• Mary Jane Watson
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
  • Betty Brant
  • Debra Whitman
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
  • Kitty Pride
  • Black Widow
  • Rogue
  • Liz Allan
  • Black Widow
  • Jessica Jones
  • Julia Carpenter
  • Silver Sable
  • Silk
  • Any others you would like

Anyway, that’s the idea.

I actually like this idea a lot. Recently, I’ve been reading this story call The Spider by I’mjusttryingtofindmyway (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12592223/1/The-Spider) a story that involves a comic book fan from our world taking the roll of Peter Parker in a conglomerate universe that combined events from the movies, comics, and cartoons. Despite his struggles, he was able to not only solve most of Peter’s issues like finances and school by using his knowledge of the Marvel Mythos to his advantage, he became the face of the Avengers and the most popular hero through the use of social media. He was so popular, that when he blew up shield to stop Hydra during the events of Winter Soldier, he had legions of fans all trying to bust him out, and even General Ross, backed him up by letting him escape.

My question is, how old is Spider-Man here? Is he in high school, college?

With infinity gauntlet, i’ve an idea.

what if instead of rewriting reality, which the gauntlet’s capabilities are confuing over, he accidentally made a NEW seperate reality using his own and his wish as a template. so he can’t just change things back to normal because the gauntlet didn’t jump to the new reality and *though he doesn’t know) it’s always been like this.

copy-peter doesn’t know he’s a copy and tries to work of his knowledge of what’s happened to prevent villains, aid heroes, pre-empt tragedies and hook up some true loves. the problem? the world is a LOT more different then he thinks, for example he encourages teen sue to go into sciense so eh can meet reed richards, but what he fails to realise is that he’s her lab partner, helping her on all the same experiments reed did and wondering why he isn’t showing up.

in other words, there is no reed in this reality, and spiderman has BECOME the reed richards of this reality and is unwittingly hooking sue up with himself. is that an okay twist for spidey/sue?

i..... may have suggested a spiderman story a while back that you could use elements of here. basically all the villains are female too, including a kind of sinister six formed of canon female villain couounterparts who’s civilian selves he’s interacted with and charmed. these admirers of peter and spidey become villainesses (of a sort) out of desperation when they hear he’s off the market but haven’t heard he’s polygamous and try to kidnap him so they can woo him and win him over. half of them want spidey and hald want peter. they have no idea it’s the sam person though and have agreed to take turns aiding each other in hunting their men. peter, naturally, is conflicted. this is the full extent of their crimes though.

also, infinity gauntlet canon. unlike the cosmic cube, it can permanantly affect reality. the cube can turn the world into a sea of flame, but only while you will it to. it snaps back the minute you stop.

the gauntlet is single-universe only. used to be multiverse, but the introduction of the marvel multiverse kind of fragmented it’s power.

the gunatler has also been overpowered by stronger beings. very few in marvel (maybe someone like cyytoraak or galactus i’m not sure if that’s come up), but someone like darkseid has done it before. it IS infinite, but there are bigger infinities.

Edited by Strange_idea

With all due respect, I think the whole “copy universe” thing kind of overcomplicates it a bit. Plus, having him change things before they happen sounds a lot like a Peggy Sue fic.

In case you don’t know what a Peggy Sue fic is, it’s when the writer takes a character and throws them back in time into the body of their younger self, and the character uses their knowledge of the future to try and change things to the way they’d like them to be. The premise has multiple problems.

The idea here was to put Peter into a world where his inner desires and wishes have been made reality by accident because the artifact he used read too deeply into his mind.

actually i do know what a peggy sue is and that’s part of the comedy.

namely that, by virtue of it being a different universe, it’s NOT a peggy sue. he THINKS he knows the ways of this universe but he’s wildly wrong on a lot of things and accidentally sets a bunch of extra things in motion. plus it gets some good comedy as his friends see him so sure about the most bizzare things and often they don;t happen.

to clarify, the intent was mocking the concept a little, theres a ton of butterfly effect stuff he cannot predict but also people and event she knows a remixed, allowing us to bring in other versions of various girls and play arounf with relationships. it would also let us cherry pick bits from different versions of spiderman for the setting, mixing locations and ages and getting a cross-medium cast.

so he THINKS it’s a peggy sue (without knowing the term) when really it’s a new story entirely if that makes sense. and the joke is his failure to realise this

the sue things was just an example to illustrate how he could seriously misunderstand his universe. and i was curious what you’d think. she WAS his love interest in one spin-off thing but honestly i’m not pushing for her as hard as some other girls.

part of the reason it would be so different would be BECAUSE his desires were involved in the creation of it. but it’s just a suggestion and i’m looking forwards to whatever direction you take it.

and yes, i do know about darkseid using it in the dc universe but he was convinced of it’s power and had to be told it wasn’t working anymore, which means he had to have seen it used first hand when fighting thanos for it. plus darkseid is canonically just our brain trying to comprehend a multidimensional entity above most gods (grant morrison drew a dc multiverse diagram), so a single-universe gauntlet isn’t going to do much.

Edited by Strange_idea

It kinds of reminds me of a passing idea I had where Peter touches the reality stone during the attempt to get the gauntlet off of Thanos and it reacts to a combination of Peter’s frantic ‘Don’t let Thanos wipeout half the universe!’ train of thought and teenage hormones to create a world where all the women are tall and curvaceous, and all the heroes are heroines, for example instead of Anthony ‘Tony’ Stark there is Antoinette ‘Toni’ Stark or instead of Thor Odinson there was Thora Friggadottir, possibly getting into a MCU/DC crossover with the stone bringing to life his favorite comic book characters.

9 hours ago, Snake_King said:

In case you don’t know what a Peggy Sue fic is, it’s when the writer takes a character and throws them back in time into the body of their younger self, and the character uses their knowledge of the future to try and change things to the way they’d like them to be

Wasn’t that the plot of Mortal Kombat 9?  Which also deconstructs it??  I imagined Peter being collage age so he’s more used to the super hero business and accepted within that community.  I don’t care much for if Sue Storm is in it or not, I don’t even know how she came up.  Spider-Man has enough options to form his own harem before looking at Marvel at large.  

18 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Wasn’t that the plot of Mortal Kombat 9?  Which also deconstructs it??  I imagined Peter being collage age so he’s more used to the super hero business and accepted within that community.  I don’t care much for if Sue Storm is in it or not, I don’t even know how she came up.  Spider-Man has enough options to form his own harem before looking at Marvel at large.  

True, that is kind of what they did with MK9, though in the regular Peggy Sue fic, the character goes back in time with all their memories intact on how things play out. Raiden just sort of had visions.

So you’d have Pete as an already established hero in the remade world and not try to build up his hero rep all over again? Sounds good to me.

As for Sue Storm, the only reason I brought it up is because in the Spider-Harem fics I’ve seen, they tend to include her at some point, though most of the time it just comes off as sticking it to Reed.

The girls I picked in the list were all canonical love interests for Spidey at some point or another, whether in the main universe or alternative ones.

Honestly i agree about sue, it is usually just a shot at reed and there are other guys in the universe. Maybe you could mention some other heroes going through something similar? Obviously not to the same degree…

Okay, but if he's colledge age, that may make some of his villainesses a bit well established for him to charm.

Speakig of, can i reccomend some villanesses? If he's in colledge i've some ideas how we could implement them…

I DO need to know how AU i’m allowed to go though.

i may be taking it a bit literally or a bit far but i know a feudal shiobi-lord themed spiderman harem fic and that the mobile game ‘avengers academy’ have given me some ideas…. plus i looked up a bunch of them

Edited by Strange_idea

17 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

Speakig of, can i reccomend some villanesses? If he's in colledge i've some ideas how we could implement them…

I DO need to know how AU i’m allowed to go though.

i may be taking it a bit literally or a bit far but i know a feudal shiobi-lord themed spiderman harem fic and that the mobile game ‘avengers academy’ have given me some ideas…. plus i looked up a bunch of them

When I thought it up, I wasn’t thinking too AU.  The only villainesses I thought of including were the ones mentioned on the list and had an interest in him.  After all, if Pete ends up rewriting reality by accident according to his inner desires, why would he want female versions of the guys he has to punch on a daily basis?

Praetor hasn’t said if they’re doing it or not, so it’s a bit up in the air at this point.  I say “they’re” because I’d rather not assume since I noticed Praetor’s not telling.

i meant actual, established villainesses like bombshell, silver sable, white rabbit, joystick etc

as well as yes, female counterparts, but estabished female counterparts, like sandman’s daughter keemia, mysterio’s daughter francine and lady octopus (student, no relation)

i have more, and i had a notion how you could work them in by using the colledge theme. including the villain’s daughters in a way which has them as civilians first, villains second to get around that.

but good point on not noing whether preator’s writing it. i missed that. sorry.

Edited by Strange_idea

so, the premise of the avengers academy mobile game is that everyone’s college age and enrolled in ‘avengers academy’. evil organisations like hydra, aim and thanos’s army are treated as rival schools, while still torturing their students, committing crimes and terrorist-like attacks.

hero school, villain schools, so to speak.

i just thought it could be a neat concept to play around with.

maybe bombshell sr is a teacher and her daughter a student.

maybe mary jane and gwen are roommates to make the love triangle extra awkward pre resolution

maybe scorpina the assassin is a saboteur and vandal sent by a rival academy then persuaded to switch sides for real.

maybe keemia is part of an ‘outreach’ program for people who can’t go to college for various reasons and peter’s the one in contact with her.

that kind of thing. i had a few more, but what do you think of the idea?

That may work as a story on its own, though I don’t think the academy aspect works for a story where a college-age superhero ends up warping reality with an object of god-like power to fit his own desires.  If anything, Pete would probably still be in normal college trying to make ends meet and still trying to keep his identity secret.

28 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

but good point on not noing whether preator’s writing it. i missed that. sorry.

It happens.

well it was pretty much a normal colledge that co-incidentally kept attracting colledge age heroines and villainesses (like big hero 6 or disney’s marvel’s spiderman) but fair enough. i’ll make a prompt for it later.

but i’ll hold onto a villainess list just in case. and to keep things clear they are NOT simply genderbent villains, but existing characters from various mediums

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

but i’ll hold onto a villainess list just in case. and to keep things clear they are NOT simply genderbent villains, but existing characters from various mediums

That’s good to know.

I believe the once called Praetor should be more of a concept than a person, like some kind of Cthuloid, which is why I don’t have a gender or location listed and write with an overly English accent.  I’ll consider the fic but at the rate I am going, I don’t like to declare what I am working on so there’s less disappointment when I fall through on the scheduling.  Seriously, when is that part two to the orgy in L&PD coming?  I would kind of like for there to be villainesses (I really don’t think that’s a word), Omniharem has them, but I don’t know about gender bending them.  Even if I did in Omniharem.  I’d go for more of an approach like the new Spider-Man game, where he’s collage age but also working part time and has a bit of a history with most of the cast already.

4 hours ago, Praetor said:

I believe the once called Praetor should be more of a concept than a person, like some kind of Cthuloid, which is why I don’t have a gender or location listed and write with an overly English accent.

Understood, it’s just that referring to someone as “it” is considered dehumanizing, so I used “they” just to be safe.

4 hours ago, Praetor said:

I’ll consider the fic but at the rate I am going, I don’t like to declare what I am working on so there’s less disappointment when I fall through on the scheduling.  Seriously, when is that part two to the orgy in L&PD coming?

Very well, no pressure intended.

5 hours ago, Praetor said:

I would kind of like for there to be villainesses (I really don’t think that’s a word), Omniharem has them, but I don’t know about gender bending them.  Even if I did in Omniharem.

Yeah, Spidey doesn’t exactly have a lot of notable villainesses (I checked, that is a word).  Black Cat and Silver Sable aren’t exactly consistent in terms of villainy, though that depends on the writer.  Other villainesses in Spidey’s rogues gallery would be:

• Ana Kravinoff – daughter of Kraven the Hunter
  • Calypso Ezili – Kraven’s ex-lover
  • Lily Hollister – Menace, a female Goblin who change appearance at will
  • Dr. Lorina Dodson – White Rabbit, an eccentric female criminal whose costume resembles a cross between the Alice In Wonderland character and a Playboy Bunny
  • Shriek – can control sounds, fly, and tap into people’s minds and bring out their inner darkness, and she’s the Harley Quinn to Carnage’s Joker
  • The Venom symbiote did attach itself a couple times to Eddie Brock’s ex-wife, Ann Weying, though the experience traumatized her into committing suicide
  • Janice Lincoln – daughter of Tombstone and the new Beetle
5 hours ago, Praetor said:

I’d go for more of an approach like the new Spider-Man game, where he’s collage age but also working part time and has a bit of a history with most of the cast already.

That sounds fine with me.  As for history, perhaps this might help:

• Mary Jane Watson – long-time best friend and girl next door
  • Gwen Stacy – met in middle school before becoming a close friend
  • Felicia Hardy/Black Cat – criminal he helped to reform and who still has the hots for him
  • Betty Brant – co-worker at the Daily Bugle
  • Debra Whitman – a classmate at Empire State University
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel – a fellow Avenger, had a few team-ups with her, and the two bonded over a love of junk food
  • Kitty Pride – a colleague in the super community that he’s had team-ups with and who has a crush on him
  • Black Widow – another fellow Avenger who flirts with him on occasion
  • Rogue – another colleague in the super community that he’s teamed up with and has helped her through some emotional times regarding her powers
  • Liz Allan – the girl Peter used to have a crush on back in high school but remained in the “friend zone” with her
  • Jessica Jones – she had a crush on him back in high school and was even present when the spider bit him, then she later got powers of her own and became friend with Peter in the Avengers
  • Julia Carpenter – another fellow Avenger who flirted with Spidey and made a cloth version of his black costume
  • Silver Sable – worked with Spidey on occasion, and the two shared a passionate moment when they stopped a bomb from blowing up in New York
  • Silk - also got bitten by the same spider and as a result, has an animalistic attraction to him

That help any?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.