Click Here!

Review responses for "It's Different for Boys" (Star vs. the Forces of Evil)

GeorgeGlass

Another gem, Mr. Glass, an amazing story. Hot, well written, and the characters were spot on. Will there be more?

Thank you! "The characters were spot on" is pretty much what I live to hear. Not that "amazing," "hot," and "well written" are chopped liver. :)

As for more: This story is finished, but I would be not at all surprised if I became inspired to write another SvtFoE story in the not-too-distant future. I just freakin' love that show.

GrayNeko 2015-08-11 id # 3000070781

Definitely a fun piece, you have the characters down which is always a plus.

And I always love to hear it. :)

I dig Marco becoming a red displacer beast and I can't say I would have minded Star being on the receiving end of his monster cock but that was a great bit of humor nonetheless.

+500 xp for noticing Monster-Marco's resemblance to the D&D critter that inspired it.

As for the monster cock, well, that would have changed the nature of the story rather a lot. :)

It had just the right amount of humor and romantic fluff and works perfectly as a one off.

Thank you. I always feel like you can't do a proper fanfic of a humorous cartoon without including some humor. And I do loves me some romantic fluff. :)

My one major thought is that the tentacles could have had a little more play during the actual coupling, helping to drive Star completely wild but it might have made the sex scene too complicated so I don't really consider it an issue.

My thinking was that at that point, Marco's mind--or what was left of it--was focused solely on fucking the hell out of Star. Tentacle-work would have required a lot more finesse than he had at that moment.

Thanks for the review!

RandomReviewer 2015-08-12 id # 3000070784

Ah, that Mewberty episode really did the hard work for a lot of fic writers I imagine...

Big time. I think I had the idea for this story very shortly after watching that episode--it just took me a while to give in to the urge to write it.

Great story, funny, sexy, and most importantly the characters sounded like themselves! 10 thumbs up.

Thank you! That's everything I was aiming for.

Not to get too personal, but do you have ten hands, or are you just "all thumbs"? :)

Belfry 2015-08-14 id # 3000070791

I love this first chapter! I had outlined a story 34ing the Muberty episode, but your story puts what I had outlined to shame! And the ending of the chapter was fantastic! They may be FWB's now, but it can still turn into love. "Prince Marco" has a nice ring to it!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is actually the ONLY chapter. Although I do have an idea for a totally different Star story that will probably become words on the screen at some point.

In any case, thanks for the kind words.

• 9 months later...

Saint_Wanker_Kris 2016-05-27 id # 3000071603

Man, I'm envious... you have this ability to capture the personalities and quirks of the characters so well that you downright nail them. Star responses and jokes, the dialogue between them.

Thanks! Part of that comes from the fact that I only write fanfics about shows whose characters I feel I really have a good grasp of--usually because I've seen each episode at least a couple of times. So I suppose you could say that I really study the characters.

I can honestly say that yours and probably another one over here is certainly the best ones in a section and fandom that desperately needs good fanfics.

Thanks again! Yes, SVTFOE is definitely an under-written-about fandom at this point. You'll be happy (hopefully) to know that I've got another Star story in the works--this one a multi-chapter thing with lots of sex and fighting and friendship.

Thank you for updating, I send you an Email to the account at your profile w.ith an idea that had been torturing me for months, but that I haven't been able to get into a cohesive or stable story, if you're curious.

I sent a reply to your email a few days ago, but I haven't had a chance to reply to your review until now.

Also, thank you for the story... really.

And thank you for the reviews!

Fairy-Slayer 2016-06-02 id # 3000071614

(Copying my review from Aug. 12, 2015, here since WWOEC went kaput.)

I really appreciate your doing this, given how many reader comments were lost when WWOEC ate the big one.

Star's dialogue in character, and I especially like the little naughty bits that crept in there too. Whether turning a lab partner into a lizard or talking about members or getting shackles from her room, she was terrific. Oh, and quite an awesome friend to give herself over to the Marco beast. Those were some great descriptions of some great scenes, both the chase and then the wonderfully sweet sex itself. Tentacles always make things better, right? :) Then to put the cherry on top was Star's thought about it being better without Marco's inhibitions and stuff.

MARCO: “I'm really glad you're my friend.”

Understatement of the year!

Well, if it weren't for Star, Marco wouldn't have turned into a monster in the first place, so getting it on with him was the best way she knew to get him back to normal and, thus, make things right--like Star always tries to do.

Thanks for writing and sharing such a fun and lustful tale. :)

And thanks again for reposting your review! (Where, one hopes, it shall remain for all time. :) )

• 3 weeks later...

HannibalPorter213 2016-06-21 id # 3000071662

I'd love to see this story continued. I want to see the emotional consequences on these characters.

Glad you liked the story. I'm not planning a sequel to this one, but I am writing another Star vs. story you might like: "Star's Crossed Lovers."

I also want to see how Marco "improvises" now that he doesn't have tentacles.

Um, probably just with his fingers.

Thanks for commenting!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
8 hours ago, neo4812 said:

been awhile since someone reviewed this story. i gotta say i loved it! i hope you write another SVTFOE fanfic after the other fics your doing

Thanks! As a matter of fact, I do have a new SVTFOE story in the works. It’s called “Smooshed (or, The Nine Wives of Marco Diaz),” and it takes place after the series finale. Now that Mewni and Earth have been smooshed together, Star and Marco are a couple. But things take a turn when a strange new cult declares that Marco is to be the king of this merged world, and that he must take nine wives to help him battle a coming evil. Even stranger is the fact that Star and virtually everyone else seems to believe the cult’s prophecy – everyone but Marco.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

Thanks! As a matter of fact, I do have a new SVTFOE story in the works. It’s called “Smooshed (or, The Nine Wives of Marco Diaz),” and it takes place after the series finale. Now that Mewni and Earth have been smooshed together, Star and Marco are a couple. But things take a turn when a strange new cult declares that Marco is to be the king of this merged world, and that he must take nine wives to help him battle a coming evil. Even stranger is the fact that Star and virtually everyone else seems to believe the cult’s prophecy – everyone but Marco.

oh this sounds good!

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Maxsteele1986 said:

I know they mightn't be related, but is the tenatacles in this story the tenatacle that replaced his hand for that episode where he was in the karate tournament and it was evil and warned Marco that he will return?

I was not actually thinking about that when I wrote the story, although I agree that the monster-arm thing is definitely a loose thread that was never tied up. The monster Marco turns into is based on the displacer beast from D&D – a sort of black leopard with tentacles sprouting from its shoulders. Of course, I made this version red to match Marco’s hoodie. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.