Click Here!

Voldemort's Cousin Goes to Hogwarts

Guest DinaTheCat

Guest DinaTheCat

So this idea has been bouncing around my head for a few days.

I started thinking about the Gaunt family and the possibility of Morfin having an heir to continue the Gaunt bloodline, which seems to be extremely important to pureblood families. Obviously he went to Azkaban in 1943, and died some time prior to 1997 after Dumbledore extracted Morfin's memory of Tom Riddle; but I wonder if it would be plausible that Azkaban has a 'conjugal visits' policy of sorts, so pureblood prisoners can carry on their family bloodlines. If not a specific policy in Azkaban, perhaps a group dedicated to the survival of the Sacred Twenty-Eight could organise visits from a willing (or hired) pureblooded woman, with the goal to have sex and conceive a child to carry on the Gaunt family name. I'm thinking Abraxas Malfoy would be a suitable head of the group, and could finance the endeavour. It is know that he died any time before September 1996.

With both Morfin and Abraxas plausibly alive until at least the end of OotP, there are endless possibilities as to who the child could be and when they could go to Hogwarts.

Any child born of Morfin Gaunt would be Voldemort's first cousin. The story can go so many different ways, depending who the child is and who knows the child's parentage.

Lily Potter could have been taken by Dumbledore and placed with muggles (I always found it odd that Petunia and Lily look so vastly different from each other)

Eileen Prince could have been hired to provide the Gaunts with an heir - either Severus Snape or a sibling.

I really like the idea of Hermione being Mofin's daughter - again, perhaps taken by Dumbledore and raised by muggles.

Let me know what you think, suggestions for the identity of the child and PLEASE tell me if you would like to write a story based on this idea, as I would love to read it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.