Click Here!

Fictional bands

Guest varenoea2

Guest varenoea2

I have a suggestion about the whole "fictional band" thing.

Gorillaz are in the "celebrity" section. Dethklok (from the Metalocalypse cartoon) are in the cartoon section, and I think that's where Gorillaz belong too. Both bands have live gigs and albums, but they're not real - so why not have them both in the cartoon section? If you're into cartoon bands, the "celebrity" section is the last place you'll look.

Have a good weekend!

varenoea2

I'm new here, so I'm not up on all the rules, but is it plausible that those two bands could exist in both categories? The characters which make up both Dethklok and Gorillaz are wholly different from the musicians which the "live" bands are composed of. Therefore, a groupie who goes to see Dethklok with the express purpose of seducing Brendon Small would easily belong in, "Celebrity," while one that engages with the named characters on the show would belong in, "Cartoons."

Busted Craft would be quite correct. Any fiction involving the real musicians behind the animated characters is properly Celebrity fiction, hence the Gorillaz category there.

I will assume that no one has requested a cartoon-based category for Gorillaz to date, nor has anyone decided to write real person fiction involving the musicians behind Dethklok. Should anyone want to write fictions for those as yet nonexistent categories can request a category be made. We have a thread and procedure for that purpose here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/forum/733-archive-category-requests/

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.