Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord (HTTYD/Disney/Overlord crossover fanfic challenge)

thebooblover

There were a few working titles.  To Mount the World, Train the Overlord, Lord of Dragon Riders, Dragon Overlord etc.  What about How to Train Your Overlord (1)?  You know, because when you duplicate a file name in a computer it- never mind.  Hiccup the Overlord seems fine.  Actually, Zarina was a dust fairy who became an Alchemist after her film.  Inventing is done by the Tinkers.  I would personally recommend Fawn, Nyx, and Rosetta.  Would all of the women get a height increase or only some?  I like Amazons but I don’t know how well Belle would do as one.

Guest A prospective author

You make a good point about my slip of the tongue, though I suppose on could argue that Zarina invented alchemy but I don't feel like arguing. It had been my plan for all the women to get tall, though to varying degrees.Though since you mentions Belle, I did have the passing though of 'What if Belle was a 'she beast' and the queen of a kingdom of beasts, possibily based of the Urgals from the Inheritance Cycle?' Granted the only reason this idea occurred to me was I saw a few clips from the 'Beauty and the Beast' remake and thought that the CGI Beast looked more like an Urgal than the Urgals from the actual Eragon movie.

Guest A prospective author

This admittedly has little to do with this challenge itself, but I'm trying to create a profile for this forum so I can make a 'discussion thread' but it says I need an URL and I don't know what that is...

It'd be impratical for all the girls to increase in height like that, so what if it was a 'mistress' mode, similar to how in the overlord game your choice of spouse grants bonuses? Hiccup can grant a combat boost to one of his girls to grant her great height and strengrh magnify her power in a persobal wy and empower the minions or people she's commanding?

On 5/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, Strange_idea said:

They could be personalised too, with the riders and mulan gaining dragon traits, ariel becoming a sea elemental, belle becoming a sorceress or beast.

Think of it like a drive form, but for the other guy

While I think I can grasp your intended meaning, what is this 'drive form' you speak of?

well, given the disney princesses and some general kingdom-hearts similarities, i used a kingdom hearts mechanic to describe it. basically, a party member (it being a real-time action free-roaming jrpg) would be sacrificed to empower the main character, boosting stats unlocking new gameplay and powers. it even is sued to actually permanently teach new powers. Since this results in a new wardrobe the fandom joke is that they become your clothes.

I was thinking something similar here, though reversed. with Hiccup (and maybe other magically-gifted girls) acting as a source, the girls would gain more combat-capable forms and abilities, further transforming them and allowing them in turn to empower troops under their command, with characters directly connected feeling the effect much stronger. To further the connection, This could have the side effect of tapping into or CREATING latent abilities that they could refine and use in their own time.

Some examples of possible drive forms:

Jasmine becomes a tiger-girl and gains powerful fire magics (a reference to the ifrit, which also ties into he history with rajah and the genie as well as a nod to her villain, mirage). this also gives her immense speed, sharp claws and catlike flexibility. possibly throw in a few of the more dangerous tricks from the genies she’s seen, like jafar’s sword-summoning. the harem girls also transform

Ariel becomes a living water-spectre like her kingdom-hearts 3 summon, and gains the ability to swim through the air and land as well as a a trident which grants her incredible water magic and lets her summon phantom sea life. her sisters also transform.

Astrid grows twice/three times as tall, gets stormfly wings, scales, spines and tail and gains flight, lightning breath and the ability to call down actual storms (e.g cloud, galeforce winds etc). The other vikings…. probably have their own forms

Cinderella turns into living crystal and gains absurd agility, luck and causes things around her to repair themselves to her wishes. or she gets a fairy-self to protect her and carry out her bidding.

Merrida would probably be a full-on amazon with will-o-wisp fire around her blade.

Aurora grows taller, gains the powers, clothes (modified to be more erotic) and some traits of maleficent and summons fairies to do her bidding. or she gains dream-weaving powers and makes all her enemies fall asleep. or both or she gains fairy-clothing and trais and can make solid ‘dreams’, like giant thorny vines

Alternatively, hiccup and a girl are removed from battle, but the abilities are spread to EVERY harem girl. being powered by their ‘connection’, hiccup and the girl sleep together to keep it going.

Hmm... Never played Kingdom Hearts, just don't possess the correct device. 

Your mention of Mirage reminds me though that at one point I had considered adding her as one of Hiccup's mistresses, but couldn't think of any benefit in it for her given that she is essentially a goddess…

Also, I have created a discussion thread for my story, which booblover was kind enough to provide a link for a few posts above since I didn't know how to, so feel free to comment or suggest ideas there. I cannot promise I will use them, but I'll gladly hear ye out

Edited by Jwsponky

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.