Click Here!

Reviews, Replies, and Discussion for Tahn

Tahn

Hey there, just wanted a place where people could talk about my stories, and ask questions if they want.

I do have a twitter that I post updates on how my writing is going.

As well as a tumblr where I post things about my stories, like behind the scenes stuff, and pics of what I think my characters look like.

Feel free to say hi here, or there, wherever. I love hearing from my readers. I'm currently working on sequels to Dragon King, One is called Dragon Prince, which is finished, but won't be posted until I am done with Dragon Mage, as Mage takes place between and during the other two.

I also have another story I just posted called Liquid Courage that I wrote while taking a short break between chapters. Hope you guys like them, and I'll see you around.

Now I can stalk you on twitter and tumblr. Lol and here too. It's like creeper heaven.

But seriously I really liked Liquid Courage, it was good. I'm getting a bit antsy to get back home so I can start writing again. The beach is nice but my mind is so full of chapters still to be written that I'm getting a headache from it.

Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say hi!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RaptureBliss

Tahn,

I don't know what time it is where you are, but where I am it is still December 10th! I saw it is you'r birthday. So happy birthday from all of us! Love Pallas, Ferox, and Cage! Oh, and we need to talk when you get a chance!

• 2 months later...

Holy...wow. Just got a huge review from Thirdly. Glad you are liking my story :D If you peek your head in here at some point feel free to say hi, or ask questions, or just ramble, I don't care :D Maybe I will actually finish Dragon Mage now that I know I might have someone waiting on it. Dragon Mage has been really hard for me to get through. It's violent, and it hurt me and made me cry to hurt the characters like that. I mean, Dragon Prince has some violence, but not like Mage. I'm a big old softy, but when one of my characters died I literally had tears running down my face. It took 5 months to get through ch6 of Mage, because so much badness happened in it. Dragon Mage is basically a bridge between King, and Mage, as well as a set up for it's own sequel called Dragon Princess, which I haven't even started on. I will do my best to carry on. I'm through with ch6, so it should be smooth sailing from here. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing closer. Wish me luck guys. ^_^

I have tried patiently waiting on your return to SB so that I could ask questions when I remembered that you had a thread! LOL!

First: I am in love with all of the dragons so far even though I'm only on chapter 7 of Dragon King. My favorite is Marcus only because he's purple! ^_^ But I am a bit questionable on his intentions as well as Luther's...

My real question is about Lite and Shade. They are super adorable and I WANT THEM SO BAD!! I'm trying to imagine just how tiny they are, especially seeing that both can wrap around Jaime's neck. So, in dragon form, they are like babies but in human form, they're normal sized...?

myrt 2016-02-27 id # 3000230786 I don't want to be mean, but I expected a bit more from this story. The entire chapter, through it's lengthy - which is a plus, is basically a list of what Shaun is doing. Sometimes it's also not clear who's taking action because in the same sentence there's a subject (as the blonde) and 'he' referred to the protagonist. Moreover the dialogues are not well thought: they neither characteristic of a 5 year old traumatised kid nor of an adult. Nobody would ever say "I've lost my voice" in reference to a psychological block (AND last chapter you made clear it was his choice not to talk but he could).

It's ok myrt, I am an inexperienced writer, plus I doubt even with time I will get better at it. I will say, this story is a side story that is basically like a decoration to Dragon Prince, and is setting up another story that will happen later. Dragon Mage doesn't really get going until chapter 4 or so, but this story was very difficult for me to write. In regards to his voice, he couldn't speak for a long time after his trauma, but over time he grew a little stronger, and he never found a reason to speak after so long of being silent. The way his mind works is as if a child has lived for 30 years. He has lived a long time, but he processes it through the mind of that child. Halflings and dragons both do this so that their minds have time to grow and learn how to control themselves. Too much power in too little of a time to learn about it would end badly. Thank you for reading my story, I will try to get better in my future stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy...wow. Just got a huge review from Thirdly. Glad you are liking my story :D If you peek your head in here at some point feel free to say hi, or ask questions, or just ramble, I don't care :D Maybe I will actually finish Dragon Mage now that I know I might have someone waiting on it. Dragon Mage has been really hard for me to get through. It's violent, and it hurt me and made me cry to hurt the characters like that. I mean, Dragon Prince has some violence, but not like Mage. I'm a big old softy, but when one of my characters died I literally had tears running down my face. It took 5 months to get through ch6 of Mage, because so much badness happened in it. Dragon Mage is basically a bridge between King, and Mage, as well as a set up for it's own sequel called Dragon Princess, which I haven't even started on. I will do my best to carry on. I'm through with ch6, so it should be smooth sailing from here. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing closer. Wish me luck guys. ^_^

Thirdly here! Kinda late on this but yes! I am looking forward to reading both Dragon Prince and Dragon Mage...I'm guessing Dragon Mage comes first? I'll be reading both anyway.

:D I have no idea what you mean by already, it's been over a year. I'm a procrastinator I know :D I'm actually working on the sequel to Dragon King right now. Granted, I've only got a few paragraphs done, but hey, progress hehe.

Dragon Mage

reader
I'm excited about these squeals. I've been waiting to read them.
Me: I'm glad that I can finally continue the story for you a bit. I've got a few more stories in this universe that will be told. Now I've just gotta write them down.
CL.Mustafic
Well it's certainly about time. You had to go for the heart strings right off the bat, didn't you. Oh well good thing I don't cry at the drop of a hat. :D
CL

Me: I'm noticing that a lot of the stuff I write is sad, depressing, or violent. I think I should be worried about that.

anon~ish

once again I get to see the dragons. there are always stories that you wish could keep going and yours is one of those! Thank YOU for finding this one after so long!

Me: I never lost it, believe me. Dragon Prince got done quickly(ish) but Dragon Mage took for freaking EVER. I'm not a violent person by nature so it was extremely difficult for me to get through.

CL.Mustafic

Okay, so since I know bad things are coming I'll have to take the fluffy where I can get it right? So Shaun's a little kid now... interesting.
Me: Hehe, yes, the early chapters are fluff to help cushion the blow. This whole story is a set up for Dragon Prince, and Dragon Princess
myrt
I don't want to be mean, but I expected a bit more from this story. The entire chapter, through it's lengthy - which is a plus, is basically a list of what Shaun is doing. Sometimes it's also not clear who's taking action because in the same sentence there's a subject (as the blonde) and 'he' referred to the protagonist. Moreover the dialogues are not well thought: they neither characteristic of a 5 year old traumatised kid nor of an adult. Nobody would ever say "I've lost my voice" in reference to a psychological block (AND last chapter you made clear it was his choice not to talk but he could).
Me: I answered this one already, lemme go track down my response...
It's ok myrt, I am an inexperienced writer, plus I doubt even with time I will get better at it. I will say, this story is a side story that is basically like a decoration to Dragon Prince, and is setting up another story that will happen later. Dragon Mage doesn't really get going until chapter 4 or so, but this story was very difficult for me to write. In regards to his voice, he couldn't speak for a long time after his trauma, but over time he grew a little stronger, and he never found a reason to speak after so long of being silent. The way his mind works is as if a child has lived for 30 years. He has lived a long time, but he processes it through the mind of that child. Halflings and dragons both do this so that their minds have time to grow and learn how to control themselves. Too much power in too little of a time to learn about it would end badly. Thank you for reading my story, I will try to get better in my future stories.
MaddamAndRobin
It is so nice to read more about him! And this is very sweet and sad. Nice job. Xoxo Robin
Me: I remember people wondering what happened to Shaun in Dragon King. I had a plan, even then, to give him his own story. :D
The_CL
So now the not so happy begins?
Chapter 6 is the doom. It won't come out until DP ch 11 I think though. The countdown to misery begins...
Dragon Prince

CL.Mustafic

I almost passed this up because I thought it was the other story you posted, The Dragon Mage one. Even though I already read this chapter, I'm excited to see it posted here... Finally. :D
CL
Me: Hehe, yeah. I can't remember if you've read the whole story or not.
CL.Mustafic
Ugghh, I forgot what an asshole Vincent was in the beginning.
Me: Yep yep, he is indeed. In his defense, he is operating under the assumption that Damien is the one being a dick.
CL.Mustafic
I hate it when people get kidnapped, just saying.
CL
Me: Yeah, this one is a bit heavy on the kidnapping. It happens twice in this story, but none of the future stories should have it at all.
darkalley_rambler
I'm really enjoying this so far. I went ahead and read Dragon King before this and I got to say, you seem to be growing better molding and displaying the characters personalities and writing for them. If sound effects could be embedded in these, know I'd included a level up one for you. :D Could be the theme for me though -points up at name-, this seems a good bit darker and DK seemed a bit ...fluffier, I guess? ...damn, this is a pretty terribly done review, but yeah, going to keep reading this so please keep on about your business.
Me: Yay :D I'm glad you are liking it. Dragon King was basically a dream that I decided to write down, but as it went on, things kinda went out of control and the story ran away with itself. I was barely hanging on. There was no thought to it, just write write write. Dragon Prince was a little more thought out. It still did it's own thing most of the time, but I had some serious talks with it, and it behaved at least half of the time.
MaddamAndRobin
It makes me all happy that Vincent and Damien can be sexy friends now! Eeeee xoxo Robin
Me: They have a little bit more work to do to get to that point, but it'll get there, I promise :D
The_CL
Arrrg, so now I remember why I liked Vincent and I hate what's going to happen to him just so you know. Why must you torture your characters, why??
CL
Me: I know, I'm sorry. I have no idea why I torture them. I can remember while writing Dragon Mage it seemed like every day brought a new horror to the forefront. I had horrible realizations of what the repercussions of my writings on Dragon Prince had done. Like one line that a character said led to so much horror. Then I realized someone had to die...then another day I realized who. The longer I put off writing it, the more awful it became until I was afraid that if I put it off any longer I would do something that would break the whole universe this is set in.
Dragon King
To my new readers, Thirdly, pippychick, and MaddamAndRobin, I love you bunches :D
To the readers that read DK as it came out, I love you guys humongously as well, and even though I tried to answer your questions as I went along, if I missed anything, please let me know. I hope that is everyone. If I missed someone, it was unintentional, and please let me know that as well.
I hope that all of you continue to enjoy my weirdness. I'll see you around :D
Laters
-Tahn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gslinger

Thanks for the review Tahn! You said there is a large empty space after my story. How can I avoid that or are you trying to tell something else? Gunslinger

Thanks for the review Tahn! You said there is a large empty space after my story. How can I avoid that or are you trying to tell something else? Gunslinger

If you are pasting the story into the text box, you should go to the bottom of the box and make sure you don't have any extra space at the end of your text. I usually go down to the end and just delete the extra spaces caused by unintentional hard returns or for you young'uns, hitting enter.

If you're uploading a text file go into your doc and do the same thing at the end to ensure you don't have that blank space.

Hope that's clear enough and it helps.

*waves at Tahn* Yes, I stalk your thread, get over it. :P

CL

Edited by CL Mustafic

Hahaha :D Hi CL. Stalk away, I have absolutely no problem with that. I need to figure out how to get e-mail notifications when someone posts here. I thought I had done it, but aparently not. I went to look up your review reply thread and I was all, "Huh, would you look at that. My thread is bold. Weird."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.