Click Here!

How do you think you'll die?

JayDee

If you've ever died this topic may be triggering and so you should stop reading now. I'm serious. Get your rotting zombie/overdressed vampire/transparant ghost etc ass out of here.

I think it'll be an execution for me, probably by firing squad or decapitation. Or, possibly more likely, a freak accident involving a copy of Catch 22, two marmots, a 1958 Plymouth Fury and a telephone directory with every name containing the letter "t" crossed through.

How about you?

Hmm?

I'm fairly sure I did die once after jumping off a cliff. Presumably, I'll try something different this time around.

Now, if I'm getting a choice, I'd prefer to die after a delicious meal, accompanied by a fine wine, and with at least three much younger men in bed with me. In reality, however, I'll most likely be trampled to death by a runaway jumper as I'm attempting to dart across Broadway to catch a bus down to my dealership to collect my car after an inspection and tune-up.

I think there is at least an outside chance that I shall be trampled to death by the King's horse during a daring protest at some point in the future. I mean, the Queen is really old, and we're certain to have a King next. And protests in the UK are really starting to heat up...

Just saying. Probably just a matter of being in the right place, at the right time, with a leaflet about foodbanks or social housing. Or foxes. Save the foxes!

ETA: The best two placards I saw yesterday were a child with a picture of a bowl and spoon, and a caption saying: "Please Sir... Can I have some... anything?" And another guy had one that said: "Dyslexics against the cunts!"

Edited by dafdes

For some reason, "jealous husband with a gun" keeps running through my mind...

However, it's far more likely that I will be done in by a panic-induced heart attack after being bitten by a huge-but-harmless spider while standing atop a ladder on the observation deck of the Empire State Building -- thus succumbing to my two worst fears, spiders and heights!

Hrm, given the story I'm writing, I keep seeing myself dying by the horrible fate of the blood eagle. That said, it's more likely that after not paying my rent for several months I'll be discovered mummified at my computer. Hopefully having attained the exact opposite of enlightenment. I like the world and universe, can't see why people are so hellbent on ascending to higher planes of it. :smartass:

For some reason, "jealous husband with a gun" keeps running through my mind...

However, it's far more likely that I will be done in by a panic-induced heart attack after being bitten by a huge-but-harmless spider while standing atop a ladder on the observation deck of the Empire State Building -- thus succumbing to my two worst fears, spiders and heights!

Oh, but the old Windows on the World was so much higher... :D

Oh, but the old Windows on the World was so much higher... :D

The truth is, my head spins and my knees get weak if I stand on a chair, so once I'm up that high a few storeys isn't going to make much difference to my fevered brain and pounding heart. It's all bad... :fear:

Aaww, so no lunch at the new Tower, then?

I'll admit to not being overly fond of heights, but I'm fine as long as I'm inside. One of the great scary moments of my life was doing the stroll along the outside of the dome atop St. Paul's Cathedral in London. :lol:

Aaww, so no lunch at the new Tower, then?

I'll admit to not being overly fond of heights, but I'm fine as long as I'm inside. One of the great scary moments of my life was doing the stroll along the outside of the dome atop St. Paul's Cathedral in London. :lol:

Sorry, no lunches high up in the air. Unless you fancy seeing my lunch twice... :sick:

As for St. Paul's Cathedral... um, NO. Because Cybermen!

-NecroNOMNOMicon :Eye:

It's risk and reward; you might be horribly murdered by Cybermen, or you might run into the Doctor and Clara and get a selfie!

As long as I get the selfie first, the murder won't seem so horrible...

• 1 year later...

Hi,
Cute topic… I guess???
However, my preferred method would be in my sleep. That way I would never know.

To quote an interesting anecdote, “I wish to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers”.

LHF (hehehehe)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.