Click Here!

Cold Floor, Warm Shoulder - NecroNOMNOMicon

Welcome, this is the place where I will address reviews/comments on my drabble "Cold Floor, Warm Shoulder," which is based on the movie "Sucker Punch" (2011).

The story is a SFW, NoSex vignette growing out of a scene from the movie.

You can find it here: http://movies.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095042

Thanks for reading!

I keep meaning to watch Sucker Punch. I got a DVD here (what us grumpy folks used to watch before netflix but after VHS.... :P) I'm a wait until I've seen it and then I'll check out your drabble :)

Sure thing! The drabble can wait.

I hope you enjoy the film. I think it was unfairly maligned, and then got dog-piled on by critics and haters. I loved it! I have more stories in mind for those characters...

• 3 weeks later...

Hooray to JayDee for following through and watching the movie! :dance:

Now, some thoughts:

JayDee 2015-07-04 id # 3000045121 Finally saw the film. Fantasy or not, those ladies were frankly under dressed for trench warfare.

The Drabble! I see which scene it's based on now, I see how you're capturing them ending up so close so quickly, it's a good extension on the feelings in the film. Good in 100 words!

This review makes me so happy I can't even!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

For one thing, I'm glad you watched the (underrated IMHO) movie. And then you came back and looked at the drabble! I'm so happy you realized what I was going for with this tiny scene. Thank you!

-NecroNOMNOMicon :Eye:

It was a pretty good film, less confusing than Southland Tales too! I really liked the soundtrack, that was a great cover of White Rabbit especially. I just didn't get why she was so keen to get lobotomised at the end, all she needed to say was "Yo, doc, my evil Stepdad paid Blue to have it done, quit it will ya?" and they'd totally have not done it. Maybe I missed something. Such as, she was actually insane.

Well, for one thing, getting lobotomized was part of her "sacrifice," which led to the great victory of helping Sweet Pea escape, as prophesized by the Wise Man. In the second place, the High Roller (the alter ego of the Doctor) promised her escape from her (real world) life of torment by surrendering and honestly giving herself to him.

Babydoll wanted nothing to do with the real world, in which her mother and sister were dead, her stepfather wanted to bang her and she was being sexually molested by Blue and the Lennox House staff, There was no incentive for her to resist lobotomization. However, escaping into her fantasy world, where she was the badest of the badasses, was her form of victory. She's happy now. Her real-world body is "asleep" (not dead) and her mind is happy.

Babydoll being actually insane is another valid interpretation of the movie, because [spoiler WARNING] Dr. Gorski (in the real world) points out that Babydoll really did set a fire in the janitor's closet, help another inmate escape and stab an orderly,

Love that movie... I have another "Sucker Punch" story (a proper, long one) gestating... :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.