Click Here!

Looking to Beta!

TrippingFishies

I'm looking to Beta for Authors in need. Having gone to a project based learning school (PBL for short) I have a good deal of experience with peer review. I have swapped work with people writing pieces in my preferred reading genre in the past and have also helped people who are not native English speakers work on coherency. I am confident in my ability to correct mistakes in grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. I also believe that part of a Beta's job is to keep a story interesting and free flowing, so I will unquestionably offer constructive criticism, point out plot flaws to the best of my ability, and make sure not to be terribly destructive about it. I would like to be able to Beta for someone who will take suggestions and work with me to improve their piece.

As someone who writes, but rarely publishes, I hope to ensure the success of people with better self-esteem. Having read a very wide variety of styles, genres, and levels of coherence, I believe I have learned a bit from everything I've read. I hope my skills will become valuable to both successful and aspiring authors.

I am mainly interested in working on original pieces, but I am more than willing to take on fan fiction as well. I have been reading content on AFF and FictionPress for roughly five years and have repeatedly found myself frustrated by work that had interesting concepts and plot but wasn't quite ready for readers. I have found myself wanting to volunteer to help for some time and I'm finally making the effort. I hope to hear from the community.

Let's make some magic :3 TrippingFishies

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the writing aspect of the fanfiction scene although I have been reading fanfiction for a few years now and I feel your pain about stories not fit for readers yet. I have also been involved in creative writing role play for 6 years until just recently. The writers in the RP community have become abhorrent in their writing skills. I'm not the best writer, but I do like to think I'm proficient enough. I am currently looking for a beta to bounce ideas off of, proofread, and give me criticism when I need it. Whether it be good or bad. I want an honest beta that will tell me 'hey, this isn't going to work in here' and give me suggestions on how to fix it. I want honest opinions so that I can improve my writing skills. Now don't take that the wrong way, I'm a pretty decent writer, but I'm always looking to improve. I only have one story written so far, and only one chapter at that but if you'd like a sample of my writing style, I'll include the link in this comment. Please take your time reading it over and deciding whether or not you'd like to work with me and if so, please feel free to message me anytime. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Misleadingeyes

My Story: Pride and Morality http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600098566

My email is: dawn.jarose@gmail.com

Edited by misleadingeyes

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.