Click Here!

Title Help

CL Mustafic

@InvidiaRed does have great ones. But you can also go something a little closer to the subject matter.

“Time Out” or playing with that kind of concept. “Time Out Tension”, or “Steamy Time Out”.

“Kiss and Make Up” a kind of sister title to @CloverReef’s “Hug it Out”

There’s always that classic line “While under this roof (instead thing here)”. Could play with that a bit. “Under this roof”

If Ii think of anything else I’ll toss it your way. Unless you already found it.

Now I asking for the same help, please. Premise – in altertale timleing, on Wild West, one bad man became pinkerthon agent and got caught in a violent war between stupid minster and a rancher who is doing shady business of illegal slavery. Dead women, men, kids and blasphemy included, also oulaw brother witha really short temper is free and killing.

• 1 month later...

Once again, I am asking for a little of your collective title-formulating genius, because there’s a story I’ve been working on for over a year that still has no title. It’s a diary-format story told from the POV of a man who starts dating a woman who has a young daughter. He finds out that the woman has a secret fetish: She gets very turned on during sex if she knows that her daughter can hear her from the next room. The man, who likes little girls every bit as much as grown women, takes advantage of this situation and gradually increases the daughter’s exposure to his sexual activities with the mom, until the daughter is actually in the room watching them. Then, of course, he starts having her participate…

I’ve had several ideas for a title, but I’m not wild about any of them: “Bad Mom,” “One Bad Mother,” “Exploits,” and “Serena and Maya” (that’s the mom and daughter’s names). I’m hoping y’all might have some better suggestions.

4 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Once again, I am asking for a little of your collective title-formulating genius, because there’s a story I’ve been working on for over a year that still has no title. It’s a diary-format story told from the POV of a man who starts dating a woman who has a young daughter. He finds out that the woman has a secret fetish: She gets very turned on during sex if she knows that her daughter can hear her from the next room. The man, who likes little girls every bit as much as grown women, takes advantage of this situation and gradually increases the daughter’s exposure to his sexual activities with the mom, until the daughter is actually in the room watching them. Then, of course, he starts having her participate…

I’ve had several ideas for a title, but I’m not wild about any of them: “Bad Mom,” “One Bad Mother,” “Exploits,” and “Serena and Maya” (that’s the mom and daughter’s names). I’m hoping y’all might have some better suggestions.

Twofer

Mom and Daughter Special

Breaking Taboos

Keeping it in the family

Vice Spice In My Life

Sunday Special

Honey, I Knocked You Both Up At The Same Time

Mix It Up

Breaking Wild

But For Me It Was Tuesday

Kinky Mom, Kinkier Daughter

Diary Of A Mom and Daughter Fucker

Honey, I Seduced Your Daughter

Spicing up family time

Buy One Get One Free

A Two Package Deal

A Growing Fetish

How I met your daughter

An unexpected side effect of Exploring A Mom’s fetish

How Mom learned to share

My Daddy is your Daddy

Dating for two

On 9/1/2019 at 6:59 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

And I LOLed at the seeming randomness of “But for Me It Was Tuesday.” But some of these are definitely worth considering. Thanks, IVR!

The implications make it funnier.

banging the mom and daughter is so normal to him he just considers it another day.  Probably fights off vampire gynoids from the future in the meantime just to make life interesting.

• 4 months later...

Okay,  it's time to admit that I need help once again. It's been about three months since I started work on a sequel to my Loud House story "Enter the Sandboy," and I still don't have a clue about what the title should be. Not that it should be a big deal, because it will be months before any of it is ready to post; I just feel dumb having nothing to call it other than "Untitled Sandboy Sequel."

The gist of the story is this: Lincoln has been getting it on like crazy with his sisters and mom all summer long (ie, ever since the events of "Enter the Sandboy"). However, he is expressly forbidden to have sex outside the family. But now the school year is starting, and Lincoln finds himself drawn to quite a few of his female classmates and even a couple of his teachers. To make matters worse, Lincoln's fit physique (thanks to his physically demanding summer camp, plus all that sex) and newfound confidence are making him a girl magnet. So, inevitably, the perpetually horny Lincoln starts boning girls and teachers at school (while also continuing to get plenty of action at home).

I'd appreciate any title suggestions folks might have.

3 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

So, inevitably, the perpetually horny Lincoln starts boning girls and teachers at school (while also continuing to get plenty of action at home).

• "A Harem-brained Scheme"
  • "The WHITE Stuff"
  • "Loud and Proud"
  • "I'll Show That Fucking Tortoise!"
  • "Little Daddy"
  • "The Human Shish Kebab Skewer"
  • "The Sperminator"
  • "My Absolute Mostest Bestest School Year EVER!"
  • "The Incredible Fucking Machine"
  • "It's Lisa's Fault, I Swear!"
3 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

I hope you still feel that way after this. :)

2 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Okay,  it's time to admit that I need help once again. It's been about three months since I started work on a sequel to my Loud House story "Enter the Sandboy," and I still don't have a clue about what the title should be. Not that it should be a big deal, because it will be months before any of it is ready to post; I just feel dumb having nothing to call it other than "Untitled Sandboy Sequel."

The gist of the story is this: Lincoln has been getting it on like crazy with his sisters and mom all summer long (ie, ever since the events of "Enter the Sandboy"). However, he is expressly forbidden to have sex outside the family. But now the school year is starting, and Lincoln finds himself drawn to quite a few of his female classmates and even a couple of his teachers. To make matters worse, Lincoln's fit physique (thanks to his physically demanding summer camp, plus all that sex) and newfound confidence are making him a girl magnet. So, inevitably, the perpetually horny Lincoln starts boning girls and teachers at school (while also continuing to get plenty of action at home).

1. Rule Breaker
  2. Lincoln Continental ( in case of a foreign exchange student.)
  3. Outgrowing Family
  4. Growing Up
  5. Alabama Special
  6. Overcoming incest
  7. Mom, I’m tired of banging my sister.
  8.  New Year
  9. Craving New Soil
  10. Sex Is Always Sexier On The Other Side Of The Fence
  11.  Unusual Circumstances
  12. The Best Kind Of Fruit Is Forbidden
  13. What My Family Doesn’t Know
  14. Finally! Someone Not Related
  15. Risk Taker
  16. Hooked
  17. Only Guilty If Caught
  18.  Nobody Needs To Know
  19. Surprise Child Support
  20. Good Thing He’s Shooting Blanks
  21. Expanding Horizons
  22. Shrinking World
  23. Incest isn’t always Wincest
  24. Not All Its Cracked Up To Be
  25. Life Is Hard When You’re Perpetually Horny

• 3 months later...

Looking for some advice for a chapter title...or, more specifically, how to word said chapter title. There’s a particular theme I’m using for this set of chapters and a specific message I want to get across with this chapter title but I’m having trouble with the wording...and ReverseDictionaryDOTorg thinks the word for “someone who has had wrong done to them” is “Virgin.” :ffs: No help there. (No, I’m not joking. I took a screenshot.)

Incredibly Vague Explanation: Chapter in question is part of a 4-5 chapter arc unofficially entitled “Reclaimed Honor.” Setup: “Kimber” both screwed up her life and had her life screwed up by others, then unintentionally bit the dust before she could make amends and fix her shit. In another reality, “Amber” died of TBI and was yoinked out of her afterlife and dumped in Kimber’s recently-vacated corpse. (long frickin’ story) Over the time since waking up and starting over, she has paid for Kimber’s wrongdoings, was targeted by Kimber’s enemies and former friends on account of being mistaken for Kimber, and nearly died again, more than once. Kimber, meanwhile, was dumped in another empty human body in Amber’s reality and told “don’t screw up again.”

Currently: In the previous arc, Amber found a way to her home reality, met Kimber, and after spending too long there, nearly died of the same injury which killed her before. After going over the facts, timeline, and details, Amber’s S.O. hypothesized there might be a time limit on how long someone can be in the world they died in without dying a second time, but none were willing to test the theory. Kimber, upon finding out Amber nearly croaked, volunteered. During this arc Kimber returns to her world to intentionally risk her life to prove or disprove the S.O.’s theory, all to make amends and fix her shit. She apologizes to people she’s hurt, finally takes responsibility, makes good on promises she didn’t keep, etc. Atop of that, she finally stands up to the person who sent her down her destructive path in the first place and was responsible for her going into hiding, and thus indirectly responsible for her untimely death.

The chapters in this arc are all titled for feelings Kimber’s finally admitting and lessons she’s learning.

• A Matter of Honor – intro – feeling: she’s risking her life to reclaim her honor.
  • I Slipped Along the Wayfeeling: she’s finally admitting to herself “Wow, I fucked up good, huh?” and realizing she really needs to fix her shit.
  • [CURRENT CHAPTER]: - Lesson. (This is the one I need help with)
  • Redemption is a Process – (projected, may be combined with previous instead if [current chapter] comes out too short) – Lesson: redeeming yourself isn’t something that happens overnight; it’s a process that can take years of effort.

So here’s the problem. The title is a much-condensed version of a lesson sometimes taught in abuse, assault, and trauma recovery:

“Forgiveness isn’t always meant for the person who hurt you. If that person is truly repentant for what they did, forgiveness helps you both, but if they don’t regret or don’t change their ways, it’s just for you. Forgiving someone who hurt you can help you to recover from what they did to you. It makes you stronger and gives back some of the power they took from you when they hurt you. It’s enabling yourself to let go of emotional injury. It’s saying “You hurt me horribly, but I’m not going to let you control you anymore.” Sometimes “I forgive you” can also mean “Fuck you, I won’t let you control me.”

The beginning of the title is, and needs to remain, Forgiveness is for the, but the last word/words are what I’m struggling with. The initial idea (and the one that’s stuck with me) was Wronged but it sounds weird to me for some reason. Other ideas are Victim or Victimized but those aren’t a very good fit. Kimber isn’t an innocent party here in the slightest. She’s done wrong to other people and had wrong done to her; she’s both forgiving her unrepentant transgressors and being forgiven by those who have paid for her transgressions. This chapter is a two-way street and using a word like victim in the title sounds (to me) like it’s supposed to be one-way.

Does anyone have any synonyms for “person who has had wrong done to them” which would work for this title, or should I just stick with “wronged?”

Oh, I forgot – in case anyone’s wondering “does it really matter if the title fits the theme,” the answer is YES. The previous arc – “Absolutes,” Amber’s return to her world to clean up her messes and tie off her loose ends – also had a theme and a similar setup:

•  Intro chapter Secrets, Solutions, Certainty
  •  Crossing Worlds is Impossible
  •  The Living Cannot Hear the Dead
  •  Parallel Worlds Do Not Collide
  •  The Dead Do Not Rise
  • Conclusion chapterThe Choice Between Darkness and Light

The four main chapters related things which are supposed to be absolute laws, but each of these is explored and disproven in their titular chapter. 1, Amber and Kimber crossed worlds, though by no choice of their own, and Amber and her S.O. managed to return to her world of their own accord. 2, During Amber’s visit to her world (where she is dead) she continually ran into people who knew her in life. 3, Despite all logic pointing to the opposite, evidence abounds that Amber and her S.O. were interacting despite their separate realities for many years, and that may be the reason behind her being dumped in that world after getting herself killed. Lastly, Amber died once before and lived again in another world, found her way to her old world only to start dying again without any injury.

TL,DR: Yes, it’s important. I’m a symbolism nerd. Stuff.

13 hours ago, Thundercloud said:

Forgiveness is for the wicked

Thanks, but...that’s the exact opposite of what I’m going for. :errm: It’s also the opposite of the ‘lesson’ I quoted from. The basis is “Forgiveness is for the person who has been hurt, not the person who has done the hurting.”

Traditionally we’re taught to forgive those who have hurt us but we’re not always taught WHY we should forgive them. If the person who hurts us regrets doing so, then yes, forgiveness is for them more than us. If the person who wrongs us regrets nothing and hasn’t/won’t apologize – that’s the case here – then forgiveness is to help US regain control and move on from the injury.

Despite trying to make amends, Kimber doesn’t regret her actions, only what those actions led to; even knowing what happened on account of her decisions, she’d still do everything all over again because she stands by her reasoning. She is not sorry, but the people who have paid for her mistakes are learning to forgive her anyway because they need closure. The other main party concerned – the ‘boss’ who led her down a road of destruction and eventually death – is definitely not sorry for what he’s done, only sorry that he got caught and incarcerated. Still, Kimber has decided to forgive him because she’s tired of being afraid of him – she’s taking back control. 

Not what I’m looking for, but thank you anyway.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:31 AM, Ghost-of-a-Chance said:

Thanks, but...that’s the exact opposite of what I’m going for. :errm: It’s also the opposite of the ‘lesson’ I quoted from. The basis is “Forgiveness is for the person who has been hurt, not the person who has done the hurting.”

Fair enough, it is your story. My suggestion come from that  I would argue that in reality there deeper levels to whythe wicked might need forgiveness than just that we are taught to forgive them. It is also a pretty good chapter title IMHO.

Anyway forgiving a person for what he did is IMHO very different from getting an excuse because you caused bad things to happen. When your lead person would do it again...sounds kind similar to an excuse to me.

I am not surprised that we are having this kind discussion since we probably come from very different social circles. I remmember a discussion back in school when we had read Crime and Punishment and the active Christians had read forgiveness as major theme in the book while many of the other totally had missed this angle when reading the book. This background made us view the text in very different ways.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

“Forgiveness is for Everyone”?

I mean, it’s absolute, and it captures the two-way street thing.

It’s been a good minute since I’ve had a chance to pop on here to reply, but your suggestion hit the mark! I wound up going with “Forgiveness Goes Both Ways.” Thanks, everyone, for your advice and time. Until next time!