Click Here!

Of Potions and Wings Review Replies

Sablesilverrain

Slytherkins: Haha, I try to be. I just happen to have a lot of free time and very clear plans for this particular fic. I'm not usually like this, this fic is a special case. I've been planning it for years.

Jan: The answer to your musing is coming up in about five chapters. And thank you, I try to keep them cute and happy, since there's a big battle coming up. They deserve to have some happy, fluffy times before all hell breaks loose.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANON: Well, congrats on the job, first off! And if binge reading is bad for you, why is it so enjoyable? Yeah, don't answer that, haha. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! Ginny is a little on the nosy side, but Harry doesn't mind it too terribly much, so it's not that bad. If he minded, he'd say something about it. Funny you should mention the Ron thing, since I just recently realized it myself. *facepalm* I added in a scene just for him and Harry to chat, since I realized I'd been ignoring the poor boy. He's not my favorite character, and sadly, it's showing in this fic. My bad. If all goes well, I'll remember to give him more than a minor part int he future. We'll see how it goes.

Talliane: Well, it's not a sexy detention, sorry to say. But don't worry, you will get plenty of smut soon enough. The wedding is just on the horizon.

Jan: Not a sexy detention. That will come in due time. Lucius won't be able to resist the temptation once they're married. ;)

Talliane: The colors will be mentioned soon, I think it's the next chapter. Anywho, I do think that Harry and Severus need to find some middle ground, but with Harry making overtures of friendship between them, hopefully we're on our way. It will make the dynamics even more confusing between the four of them, but... Well, they were weird already, what's a little more strangeness? Haha.

Jan: Some parents just know, it's weird. My mom, thankfully, did not have that ability (I got away with way too much), and I was able to roll my eyes with impunity. When she DID catch me in the act, I'd get scolded, but it wasn't often. I took to walking behind her a lot to get away with it.

Tarcha (Who is STILL marked as ANON in my e-mail): OH, HAI! Wow, haven't heard from you in FOREVER! I have a lot of time to write because I don't work. I'm not exactly sane enough to be safe working, so I stay home and write to keep myself from spiraling further downward. I still want to read your story, though. I can be patient, just let me know when it's up. Via a review, or whatever. I didn't mean to make you cry, but I cried while writing that chapter, too, so I understand. (I think the only way to solve the ANON issue may be logging in properly, BTW.)

Got it! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll remember that!

Talliane: Well, Harry was more than willing to find something else to focus on; he's not the type to wallow in his grief, he just needed something to distract himself with. Lucius naked is pretty distracting. Sorry you've been having a tough time. I hope it gets better for you!

Severus1snape: Yes, Lucius is willing to admit that he's got his own fears. If only to his soon-to-be mate. Severus will ALWAYS be a git, but he's getting better about it, little by little.

Jan: Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Talliane: Well, he’s trusting Lucius to give sound advice, and he knows that the man trusts Severus, which must mean Severus is trustworthy to some point, at the very least.

Niffler: Glad you like it! Here’s the next chapter!

Severus1snape: Green and purple are also two of my faves. I’ve been able to use both of them and my absolute favorite, silver, also plays a big part. It’s made this story a lot of fun to write.

lol: Glad you like it! Hope this chapter doesn’t disappoint!

Jan: I’m glad you liked that.I was toying with having him be angrier, I just felt that it’s been done too often, and he deserves a chance to find out about impending fatherhood without popping a blood vessel, for once.

Severus1snape: Yes, I felt it was a good time to have Severus find out. And yes, poor Ron. He’ll survive the waiting, though.

Talliane: Oh, you have no idea what I did with the past-life flashes. *grin* I had a field day writing them. I already have the wedding written out, and I think I did a pretty good job. Anyway, enjoy the new chapter!

Katonie: I understand what you mean, but in this verse Harry has grown close to Ginny and is more than happy to share his experiences with her, since he has no one else he can really gossip with. I’m glad you’re enjoying the story, though, we’re getting close to the end. I’m not sure how many chapters are left right now, but I’m estimating no more than ten. I’ll know for sure soon, and I’ll probably be telling everyone who reads here via an author’s note, or here in the forums.

Severus1snape: Haha, yes. Don’t worry, I think Ron learned his lesson last time.

Talliane: The wedding is next chapter. So yes, it’s soon. Just a little more time before it’s up.

Talliane: Haha, I thought that might be your reaction. Yes, I wanted to do something a little different for those two, so I went with that. (Plus, I will admit to a weakness for Malfoycest that might have had something to do with it.) No, the interlude is just a little something that happens after the wedding proper, but instead of telling you, I’ll just get it posted, shall I?

A.R. Fleets: Thank you, that’s high praise! It’s always nice to hear that you have the characters in character, for the most part, because I’ve been writing HP fanfic for so long that I tend to just let the story write itself, and then there are times I’ll read something and go “I really hope that’s in character, cause it sounds a bit strange there...” and then I have to wonder if it’s just that the story has gone somewhere JK never took it, or if I’ve flown off on some wild tangent I had no business pursuing in the first place, LOL. Apparently, my wilder ideas are well-reasoned, so I’m happy with that.

Talliane: Well, I had originally intended to let you decide if Jasper can keep up (or, there’s always the chance I’ll write that sequel I’ve mentioned...), but maybe—MAYBE—I’ll add a little something in. If I remember to. I have no idea whether I’ll remember, though. I hope this wasn’t too long a wait, I’m trying to finish up the story. We’re SO CLOSE! And yes, Annabelle and Aceline tend to mother-hen Lucius a bit (odd, considering they’re younger than him by a few years), and he puts up with it because they’re family. He knows they’ve got his best interests at heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Talliane: I don’t usually write het anymore, so I probably won’t be giving them their own story, but if I do write the sequel to this that I’m thinking about, I could have them show up in it… So many reasons besides catharsis to write it… Anywho, enjoy the new chapter!

Tiffany: Glad you liked it! Sorry this is a little later than a week, I tried and failed to remember to get it out on time.

Niffler: Glad you enjoyed it! It took a long time, but we finally got there!

Jan: Well, here’s the thing: There IS a sequel IDEA. The idea would be for a darker fic than this one, and there would be a trigger warning involved due to the subject matter it would focus on. It wouldn’t be as scary as that sounds, I don’t think, and I’m not big on angst, so it would still have lots of fluff and it wouldn’t get horribly dark and depressing, but it would be a BIT darker. I would need to work on my other fics first, get a few finished, but the idea is percolating, and I’m going to talk about it a bit with my yahoo group and see what they say. I will probably decide before I finish this, so just keep reading and I’ll let you know when I decide one way or the other.

Talliane: It’s a good thing we don’t use that word often, then. Haha. I can usually say it right the first time if I say it carefully. If I go too fast, I screw it up and have to start over. The flying scene is in this chapter, so you’ll get to see that. And yes, Lucius helped Harry get that idea out of his head so he can relax a bit more in bed, and be less squicked by it.

Jan: I put it to vote in my yahoo group, and although two people said I should go for it and write it, only one said they’d for sure be able to read it. Of course, only three people gave me their thoughts at all, so I’ll probably write it. It’ll be a while before I start posting it, but when I do, I’ll add a link to the end of OPaW2, so just check back every month or so when I’ve finished it, and you’ll eventually be led to the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Talliane: I didn’t write the Death Eater meeting, since I had a discussion planned for Harry and Draco that needed to be subs-only and it took precedence (that and I HATE dealing with Voldemort, so I avoid it a lot). But we see him soon, so there IS that to… Look forward(?) to. Yes, Lucius is a little shit sometimes, but Harry WANTED to bring out his playful side, so he only has himself to blame for that one. I have up until the day before the battle written already, so I THINK this story will make it to seventy chapters AT MOST, but don’t quote me on that JUST yet.

Jan: I know. I kind of feel for the man, but we all know he’ll enjoy it all the same. It’ll be tougher dealing with five, but with Harry at his side, I’m sure he can manage it. The sequel is a definite yes, now, so I will let you know what I’m letting everyone know so far: It will be darker, and will deal with addiction. That’s not to say it will be horribly angsty, because I write angst sparingly, so it will have plenty of fluff, too, but it won’t be AS light-hearted as this one was. I hope you’ll at least give it a fair try, all the same. I think it’ll be pretty good, personally. I plan to finish a few fics first, but once I do, this universe will become a trilogy.

Jan: Sorry, I totally spaced on replies. I was in kind of a bad head space, it happens from time to time. I’m glad you liked that chapter! It pretty much wrote itself, and I was very fond of it, as well. The sequel will only be once I finish some of what I’ve got on my plate right now, but it will be written, in time.

A.R. Fleets: I’m glad you like it so much! This fic and the one before it have been a joy to write, I’ve found myself thinking of it when I really should be focusing on other things, but I can’t find it in myself to mind overmuch. It’s sad knowing that it’s over, but after a short break to work on other fics (I’ve gotten a request for The Malfoy Cover so far) I will be coming back to write a third and last fic in this universe. As for this one, two more chapters left after this one.

Jan: I know. I hate sticking a character in one role, so if there’s a submissive in a story, more often than not, the submissive will make an attempt to top at least once, to try it out. I do have one story (Bad Faith, two if you count Menage a Trois) that have clearly defined roles, but Sinicae are the only creature I’ve made that generally don’t switch at all. Lucius is willing to let Harry top, since Harry is a kind, compassionate person. But yes, they are adorable together, and this relationship is going to do wonders for Harry’s self-esteem.

Talliane: I beat 70, haha. 67 is the last chapter. It’ll come up as chapter 68, though, due to the Prologue being named chapter 1. So two more after this one! We’re close!

nari-chan: Sorry, the chapter was just BEGGING to be ended there, and I couldn’t resist. But here, now I give you the Happy Ending you’ve all been waiting for! Does that make it okay?

Elitacomba: There will be a sequel after I finish one or two of the other fics I have going. So, it will be awhile, but a sequel will eventually happen. I promise.

Talliane: Yep, we’ve come to the end (for now). Hope you like it!

Jan: This chapter should explain things (well, the note at the end explains more than the chapter does, truthfully) and then we end on a high note!

djaddict: Come on, I HAD to! You wouldn’t respect me HALF so much if I hadn’t. And you know it, too!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

emtherebel: Thank you! I hope you’ve enjoyed the rest and are still following this! It may not be a plotty now, but there is still some cuteness to be had, and there will be a few surprises in store later on.

serpensprincess: Glad you’re liking it! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Jan: The original idea was to write something dealing with addiction, but I decided against it since I wasn’t able to flesh out the plot like the idea really deserved. Instead this will be a series of snapshots of their lives, showing how the children grow and detailing some of their biggest milestones. I think this idea will work out better, and this way I can skip times that aren’t really important and focus on the major events. So no, it won’t be darker, after all.

Darkenedrose291988: I updated a soon as I could. I have another fic taking up most of my time, but don’t worry, this is still getting worked on. The series is very dear to me.

Zoha-Lixue: I know, but my Draco had to be pushy for the series to work out. If he wasn’t so stubborn, he never would have gotten Severus to court him, and there would have been no story. As for the pacing, that sometimes happens with my writing. I’ve never been good as dragging things out when there’s no need to.

Saiakhasieth: Thank you! The other stories are still ongoing, but this is the only one on this site that is currently being worked on. The others will get updates if I get a wild hair and finish a chapter, but they are, for right now, on the back burner. Don’t worry, though, I will finish them. It will just take some time, that’s all.

Jan: That’s definitely an option, if I can come up with enough content to make a good-length story. I bet it could be done if I started fresh and laid a good groundwork for the first half of the story. Explain how the addiction started and grew, rather than gloss over that part like I was planing to do. The idea has some merit, I might do that.

Jan: That will be next chapter, unless something else comes up. I plan to have next chapter be the birth, but you’ll understand if something else has to happen first, I’m sure. The baby fangs are adorable, I can just imagine Draco being very proud of his son’s milk fangs. I bet he’ll rethink that the first time his son bites him while feeding, though. That would hurt.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.