Click Here!

Of Potions and Wings Review Replies

Sablesilverrain

Tarcha: Well, with Draco living at Prince Manor now, that could be a bit difficult, but we'll see what I can do.

djaddict; There's a few more chapters to go before the next date. Patience is a virtue...

nari-chan: Here's more! Enjoy!

Jan: I'm pretty certain Harry will be able to get Lucius into a pool at some point.

Talliane: People seem interested in that, so there will be a scene of naked water play if it kills me, LOL. And, yes, keep quiet about the next date. That's just between you and me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

djaddict: Thank you!

Tarcha: He's falling faster than he thought he would. That's what happens when you let the right person in.

Talliane: Haha, I totally agree. I'm working on getting there, but I came down with a cold, so... Bleah. The slow going has only gotten slower. Hopefully I'll be able to breathe through BOTH nostrils soon so I can get back to trying to get some more writing done. I just can't do it while feeling sub-par. -.-

• 2 weeks later...

Talliane: I'm better now, but things have been busier than normal. *sigh* I will be back on my meds soon, so that's at least a positive. The royals will be appearing soon. And I have more surprises in store when they do.

Jan: Sorry for the extra-long wait! Things have been... Hectic, but they're calming down now, so the longer-than-normal waits SHOULD be over for now. I hope.

Talliane: Oh, I will, trust me. It'll probably take me two or three days to claw my way out of the zombie-ish haze they induce at first, but once my hormones even out again, I'll be able to get back to churning out chapters at an almost alarming rate. Which will be good, since I've got one chapter left ATM. I'm working on chapter 27, but it's slow going. Hopefully I can finish it in time to keep up with my weekly posting, but... I honestly don't know if I can. Here's to hoping!

Jan: There's some graphicness in this chapter, so hopefully you'll like that! ^_^ Don't worry, there will be quite a bit more smut in this fic than there was in the last. I already have a few scenes written out, they're just waiting for me to get to that point and add them in.

starr: Haha, yeah, Harry's the one most likely to induce mass hysteria by even HINTING about any plans of Dark-Lord-dom. Honestly, though, I don't see it happening. Although, I have been thinking about a possible sequel for this fic wherein such a thing could be a very real possibility... But I still don't know if I'll even write that fic at this point.

staar: Well, Neville is pretty honest. He's not the type to hold back if he has something he feels should be said.

Severus1snape: I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Neville, and it comes out in my writing. I see no problems with it.

Jan: Haha, Ginny seems to be bringing out the best in him.

Talliane: Glad you liked that. Lucius is pretty much as far from being a prude as it is possible to be. I should be able to get the next chapter ready in time to not miss a week... I'm six pages in, so here's to hoping!

HalleyJoe: Glad you like it! Updates are generally weekly, but sometimes happen more frequently. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

HalleyJoe: Glad you like it!

Severus1snape: Heehee, I'm glad you thought so. The story is about to pick up. The next date is just a few more chapters out, if all goes according to plan.

nari-chan: The date didn't get much explanation, but that's just because it's very hard to write dancing, and that's pretty much all they did. I got the important discussion in, and the rest was just small talk. Next date is the big one: kissing will be allowed soon!

Talliane: I'm getting used to me meds again. They're still hitting me kind of hard, but the serotonin levels in my brain have definitely gone up, because for the last few days, I've been positively GIDDY! The downside? It's distracting. But I'll be back to writing up a storm soon.

Tarcha: Next date is the last required one, and after it we can have kissing. Just a little longer before we get to the good stuff.

Jan: I know the feeling, there are a lot of people whose updates are longer, but this size works for me so that I don't get overwhelmed. There will be more as soon as I can write it!

Talliane: What the hell are you doing in my head?! Get out of there, I need to have SOME secrets from you! Seriously, though, that IS the plan. It'll come around the same time that he and Luc go on the weekend trip. He has to go pick up the Potter courting sheath, after all. So yes, that is in the plans.

Talliane: Well, good. Also, there is news regarding a certain upcoming event. Check your hex account for my owl. ^_^ I have a feeling hex will end up just being my way to contact you directly. I think I've given up on actually using it, LOL. I just don't have all that much interest anymore. But that's okay, writing is more important to me anyway.

Severus1snape: Oh, what a relief! I thought I'd lost a bunch of people when I had to post weekly because of my medication issue. Glad to know you're still reading! Things are finally heating up, too. I have some nice surprises in store for the rest of this fic. And yes, Draco and Harry will always have that tendency to fight. Even if it's mostly in jest now.

AnonymousTigress: Well, here's that scene for you, and thank you! I try to keep my stories unique, but there are already quite a few stories out there that incorporate some form of courting process and/or etiquette, so I tried to make mine as different from those I've already seen as I could, and I borrowed from a few different traditions to put it together. I think it turned out nicely, and Draco and Harry both seem to enjoy it.

Talliane: Here's the massage scene, LOL. And Draco's just understanding that he's only getting what he asked for in regards to Harry and Luc. (I'm pretty sure we ALL like possessive!Luc.)

nari-chan: Aw, thank you! I love you, too! Haha, here's the massage, hope it doesn't disappoint!

Talliane: Haha, I know how you feel! Here you go, one more date, complete with a nice lip-lock! Hope you like it! (And yes, possessive!Lucius is my favorite!)

AnonymousTigress: Yes, Severus is never happy to see marks on Harry, but at least Harry knows that he can come to Severus if Lucius pushes for too much. Severus just wants to make sure Harry's safe, even from Lucius if need be. Here's the next date and some kissing to boot! WOO-HOO!

Severus1snape: Yes, they are. Always. I love them.

nari-chan: There is much snogging in the future! And there are a few surprises in store, too. *wink*

Jan: Glad I could provide an escape! Sounds like you've had a rough time. Here, have another dose of Harry/Luc. There be snogging!

Tarcha: Well, I understand writer's block. Honestly, this story is only going so fast because I've been waiting to write it for YEARS, and never got the balls to actually start it until this plot bunny hit me. I've been meaning to write a Harry/Luc story for forever, and now that I finally have one, there are so many scenes I want to write that finding the ones that actually make the cut is kind of difficult. I see more of this pairing in my future...

Talliane: Yes, the weekend trip is next, followed by Lucius claiming Harry in a public place by slipping a dagger into the sheath Harry will be wearing, and then Harry has to either buy or make their wedding robes, and then they marry. So we're about half, maybe three-quarters of the way there. Of course, this story won't end until Voldemort bites it, so we still have a ways to go yet.

Severus1snape: Thank you! I really have a soft spot for this chapter, but I have one more coming up that I actually like a bit better. Still, number two is a good spot to hold, all the same.

Jan: Glad you liked it! That image wouldn't leave my head, so I had to write it. It thought it was cute, and it helped get across the fact that this foal is lively and still pretty young. She's not quite ready to separate from her parents just yet, but she will be soon enough.

nari-chan: I live to please, so I'm glad you like this so much! Here, have a new chapter, because I've kept everybody waiting long enough. I have several chapters in reserve, so we're back to normal as far as my writing speed goes.

Talliane: Well, AFTER class, really, but close enough, right? I'm glad you liked that, Draco and Harry's banter frequently makes me giggle. Seriously, I sound insane sometimes. Giggling at nothing. ^^' Hope this next chapter doesn't disappoint.

Jan: Glad you liked it! The best thing about this chapter is that everyone is in agreement on this being cause for celebration, haha. It makes me happy to make my readers happy! ^_^

djaddict: I think you'll like this chapter, too. It's my current favorite, because preening. I'm a sucker for wing-related kinks now that I read Destiel. ^^'

Talliane: Lucky for you, you don't have to worry about smelling like Talcum, haha. It would suck to be stuck smelling like something you hate, but as Faurae don't detect THEIR OWN scent, you'd only have to deal with it from siblings. I don't think we'll see Harry withholding sex in this story, but if I start to write the sequel I'm debating, I'll see if I can't work it in for you. It's still a maybe at this point, though. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it, since it will be darker than my usual fare. Maybe I'll go there, maybe I won't.

Edited by Sablesilverrain

Talliane: Yeah, the Elves hadn't needed to mix the elements (they are a peaceful bunch, and aren't prone to fighting on a large scale), so they never thought to TRY. It just never occurred to them that you could mix them and form formidable weapons. They respect their elements, and they have an unspoken rule that you don't use your elemental abilities to harm another. Revyn's the only one that actually (accidentally) managed to find a use for his that could be considered a weapon. And yes, we will be seeing some after-mating-bite preening between Harry and Lucius. And possibly even between Draco and Severus.

nari-chan: Aww, thank you! Your review made me smile after a difficult doctor's appointment, when I was worried about my ovaries and in pain, so I really appreciated it! I also like the way Lucius and Harry seem to complement each other's personalities. They seem to be exactly what the other needs, since Lucius helps Harry to be more grounded and thoughtful, rather than impulsive, but Harry also is teaching Lucius (and will continue to) to be more spontaneous and fun-loving. They are adorable together, and I'm trying to keep things sweet while also letting Lucius' lack of sexual restraint shine through. The man is certainly a sexual creature, and he's finding it hard to hold back. Luckily, they're getting close to end of their courtship, so he won't have to hold back too much longer.

Severus1snape: Haha, I understand completely, no worries! Yes, Harry and Sev are just not compatible. Draco likes spicy; Harry, not so much. And yes, I had to include that sonnet in here somewhere, and who better to have knowledge of such a beautiful poem than someone already known to be the consummate charmer? Draco's mouth may yet get him into trouble, but his snark is one of the traits I love best. Thank you, I try to keep things sexy. I'm always proud to know when I succeed. Glad you liked the shower. There will be another shower scene coming up that I wrote back when I was still working on the first fic. I've been waiting to get to the weekend get-away for a long time.

nari-chan: Aww, thank you! Your review was so sweet! I'm seriously blushing at it, again. It made me so happy I had to show it to my girlfriend, who doesn't even read my fics, but she smiled and congratulated me anyways, haha. And yes, I think most of Harry and Lucius' times alone will become memories they'll look back on fondly.

Talliane: Well, I'll make sure there's some yummy Draco/Sev smut in one of the future chapters, but it may be awhile before I get to it. Patience would be a good thing to exercise at this point.

Talliane: I know, I'm a terrible tease. ;) You know you love it! Yes, kids are so needy and demanding, especially when one (or both) parents just want some time to themselves.

And there was one other review that I ended up deleting!!! OMG, whoever left it, I am SOO SORRY! I freaked out and couldn't find it anywhere, so please forgive me for not being able to respond and take this chapter for my apology! If you want to leave me an angry review for this one, I will accept it gracefully. Again, I deleted it on accident. Sorry. :'(

nari-chan: I love writing the visions, so I think it's safe to say I will probably end up writing the sequel I've been thinking of, but I won't be posting any of it until I have a few more stories done first. At least that's the plan, we'll see how things go. Lily is a lot like Draco, and she'll end up being just as headstrong and confident, but with a bit more of a down-to-Earth personality, thanks to Harry being her other parent. He won't indulge her like Narcissa did with Draco. She'll be expected to earn things she wants more often than not. I have two younger sisters (well, one sister and a trans sister that's in the process of becoming my brother,) as well, so I know what it's like to have siblings. You either want to kill them or snuggle them to death, there's not much middle ground. Yes, Lucius will enjoy his children, especially when Harry teaches him to play once more. He'll recover from his mistakes with time. Harry will make sure of it.

Talliane: Yes, it makes a lot of sense, but that doesn't mean Harry has to let things stand the way they are. He's determined to get his mate to loosen up and have fun again.

Jan: Yes, Neville to the rescue! I'm getting to play with him a lot lately, and it may just make me start working on another fic of mine that never got very far that started out as Harry/Nev... But I'm undecided on that score for now. I have to say, I am enjoying working with him, though.

First off, let me just say, reviews didn't come directly to me e-mail on the 24th for some reason :'( so I may have missed someone. If I did, please forgive me! That being said, I did go into my reviews directly and looked to be sure I got all of them, and found like, five, that didn't make it to my inbox. So, now that THAT is out of the way:

Jan: Thank you for the beautiful cake! There are three more chapters before that question gets answered, but I think everyone will like it. (I'm dying to blab, but I respect that people probably don't want spoilers.)

ANON: Thank you! I think you'll be surprised just how long they can keep the dominants in the dark. And that's all I'll say on that.

ANON (another? Uh-oh, confusion will reign!): Thank you! I did have a good birthday, although I ended up blushing more than I would have liked...

ANON (Ummm... So that's THREE): Thank you! And you're welcome! I tend to hand out chapters on my birthday, if I have any ready! Because nothing says "happy birthday" quite like a review, haha!

Morningstorm70: Thank you, I did.

Talliane: Thank you for clearing that up, because FOUR ANONs is madness! Ah, a birthday twin! We went to the Barnes and Noble party thing to celebrate HP and the Cursed Child, and my boyfriend and sister made me tell everyone there it was my birthday. They all sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I wanted to die, haha. I turned VERY red, according to my boyfriend. There was another girl there, named Temperance, who was also celebrating her birthday, so she got the same treatment, so at least I wasn't alone in that. Anyway, I'm going to get this chapter posted now.

Severus1snape: ^_^ Always glad I can make someone happy!

Jan: Yes, poor Harry. Haha. I'm glad you liked the flirtiness, I actually didn't know whether I wanted to leave that interplay in or take it out. I dithered over it for a while. Glad someone found it cute.

Talliane: Glad you liked the talk, Harry will be getting more... "Instruction" soon, so to speak. Hehe. Valentine's Day falls on the Saturday during their trip, actually, so I got to do something very nice for Harry on that day. Followed by something not-so-nice, but it needed doing, so... Yeah. Anyway, two more chapters to go (one of which takes place outside of Hogwarts en route to where they're going to be, so I don't know whether that counts or not...

ANON: No worries, it's fine! I wasn't getting review notifications that day, anyway, I think something was up with the site, it caused a lot of confusion on my part. I'd take that cupcake, still, though! ^_^ Yes, things are heating up. There's quite a bit of excitement in store!

ANON: Glad you liked it! We're finally to the weekend getaway, they just have a few stops to make first!

Talliane: Severus will have a few suspicions, and we'll see how well Draco allays them. I have a plan, and I intend to keep to it. If I actually manage to I'll probably be surprised at myself, but I'm going to try to keep to my plans... Which means Severus can't know (yet). But he will be commenting on Draco's changing scent, and I have no idea right now what Draco's going to say to him... But I'm pretty sure I'll get to that scene today, which means I'd better decide soon. -.-

Talliane: Haha, so I've decided when Sev notices Draco's scent changing, and there will be slow hints dropped on that front. We'll see if he figures it out. (He's convinced that pregnancy is impossible, because, let's face it, how could he have POSSIBLY mis-brewed Draco's contraceptus?) But I digress. Anyway, they've finally gotten to their weekend trip destination, and I've been able to fit in the scene I wrote for this fic while I was about halfway through OPaW! So I'm pleased with how this turned out. Enjoy!

ANON: Haha, you're welcome! I'm glad you liked them so much!

Severus1snape: Oh? *makes a note to look up yours* I'm intrigued. (This is my favorite universe right now, and I have a possible sequel idea I'm kicking around, too. But it would only be once I finish something else, because... Priorities.)

Talliane: Glad you liked it! The penthouse was a stroke of genius, I think. And thank you. Actually, that shower scene was the first scene I wrote for this fic! Even before the prologue! I wrote it while Sev and Draco's weekend away was going on, haha. I was all, "Oh, and Lucius would totally do THIS!" and it demanded to be written.

Talliane: Thank you! I consider the ring to be one of my more inspired ideas, haha. And yes, Luc has decided that he could definitely use a hot tub, but I'm pretty sure he's going to discover whirlpool baths while shopping for a hot tub. All bets are off when that happens. He's looking forward to being married enough now that he's exerting his iron will to keep himself from going too far. He knows EXACTLY how far he can push the rules, and he's going to bend them as far as he can, but at this point he's not going to risk the marriage failing. He's fallen too hard for Harry to ruin everything they're working toward. I'm glad it was worth the wait! But fair warning, in a few chapters, there will be some heavy scenes. They aren't terribly long, but they ached to write. I will admit to crying during one of them.

Jan: I've had that happen a few times myself. It's always pleasant.

Severus1snape: Glad you liked it! Here's the next chappie!

Severus1snape: He returns the favor most of the time. Besides, I don't think Lucius minded too terribly much, haha. There will be time for that later.

Talliane: Haha, magic piercings are healed magically, which drastically reduces the amount of time you spend afterwards hissing in pain from your arm brushing over your nipple, which happens a lot more often that you'd think. I never got pierced there myself (because they're already too sensitive, and it can either make them more sensitive or deaden sensation completely), but I have several friends who have, so I've seen the end result. It doesn't look like something I'm interested in experiencing. I have a cat that likes to step on my nipples, I can only imagine how often she'd insist on doing so if I got them pierced. There isn't much more time left before the wedding, but I have a few scenes written out for before that, so be ready. There's some mild angst on the horizon.

Jan: Glad you liked it! Here's the next chapter, and we get to see a bit of how Draco and Sev are faring.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.