Of Potions and Wings Review Replies

Sablesilverrain

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jan: He really doesn't. He's starting to realize this.

starr: Glad you're okay with that. I really like seeing your name on my reviews, and I'd hate to lose you as a reader on any of my fics. And yes, I'm trying to keep Snape in character and show that he has a sense of humor.

akcchamp: Glad you like it. Here's another chapter!

• 1 month later...
Guest Sablesilverrain

lissa: Thank you, I had a great day! And are you currently reading Shiloe, or are you prompting me to get back to working on it? LOL, I should probably get a few more chapters of it written soon... I'll try to get that done. But no promises just yet.

Anon: Ehehe, yes. I'm so very transparent. That's ok, I pretty much spell it out a bit later in the fic, for anyone who hasn't caught my OH-SO-SUBTLE foreshadowing. Haha.

nari-chan: Oh, so there IS at least one person who hasn't already figured out who Harry's going to be with. *grin* Good, good. LOL. I'm glad you like the friendship I'm building between the boys, because they're only going to get closer as the stories and the sequel progress, and the courtship between Sev and Draco has been great fun to write. I've finally gotten to the part I've been eagerly working toward thus far (the last date and the ability to kiss again), and I'm finding this story to be WAAY too much fun. I think I've created a monster, because I have to actually FORCE myself to work on my other fics now. But it seems that some poeple are okay with that, so I suppose I'll just keep on the way I've been doing.

Kittykat575: No, that's fine, and you'll be delighted to know that is who Harry will end up with. There's a sequel being planned. Just keep your eye on this fic, when the sequel goes up, there will be a link added to the end of the fic striaght to the next, which will be in the other section, under that pairing.

Bickymonster: Thank you, I had a wonderful day! I love this Draco too, he's a spoiled little brat with a heart of gold, LOL. No one tells him no, and he's not about to let Severus be the first. There IS a plan for Harry, as will become apparent a bit later (you'll see pretty soon), and there WILL be a sequel for that story, as well. Don't worry about not reviewing every chapter, I'm mostly a lurker myself, so I understand.

starr: Thank you! Yes, Harry and Draco are getting close, and they will only continue to get closer. The extra lessons are fun to write, and I think you'll like them, haha. Wait and see, there's some more hints about Harry's special someone over the course of these lessons. I think I pretty much blatantly TOLD everyone who he'll be with, actually, but, well... It fit there, and Harry made me put it in, so... Nothing I can do now. It's written, and Harry was right, it was time for something to be said.

Severus1snape: I'm glad you liked that, LOL. I hoped someone would. it makes me unbelievably happy to know I made someone laugh. I giggle a lot at my own work, but sometimes I feel I'm the only one who finds it funny. Glad to know that's not ALWAYS the case! And thank you. I tget even hotter later, and don't worry, Luc will pull his head out of his arse in due time. It'll just take awhile, that's all.

starr: Too right, he needs to work on being ready to kill or be killed. Hope you like this next chapter just as much!

Kittykat575: Thank you!

starr: Do you mean Sev is out of character? How so? I don't think he's too out of character in that chapter... I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think I am... And yes, Draco is a bit silly at times, but he's been pretty well-sheltered most of his life, so he's retained a certain levity he wouldn't otherwise have. Or at least, that's my excuse for him being the way he is.

Jan: I think everyone else was scared off by the screwy formatting. So, I went back and fixed it. Glad you liked it, though. I got sick of having them dance around each other so much, so I decided Sev and Draco deserved a little action, even if it could only be in dreams, LOL. And lucky you, there will be a sequel, with that other pairing you mentioned. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

starr: Yes, Harry has a bit of a crush. He's of the opinion that it won't go anywhere, though. We'll see if that changes.

Jan: Ah, I love it when I'm away from a fic long enough to come back to multiple chapters. Yes, for right now they're both adopting a 'hands-off and try to ignore it' policy, but in time that'll change. The sequel's prologue is already written, but I'm trying to finish this one before I start working on the sequel in earnest. I just love Harry/Luc so much, it's really hard to not skip ahead.

Kittykat575: Thank you!!

Severus1snape: It's fine, I don't mind it. Even little reviews make my day brighter, so don't worry about it. And yes, Draco is going to be keeping a very close eye on the two of them now that he sees a mutual attraction at work there.

catlovergdcfos: Thank you, I'm glad to know at least one other person knows my pain. LOL. I hated it, but since I know it will make people more willing to read it, it's worth it.

nari-chan: Glad you like it!

starr: Well, even if he didn't, Draco's gotten close enough to him that he'll still get an invite, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, or anything.

Severus1snape: I'm glad to hear that! I'm really enjoying writing it, too. Though I'm at a spot now that is giving me some trouble. Hopefully my posting won't catch up to me before I figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Guest: I'm glad you like it. And don't worry, the sequel is already taking shape and will deal with Harry and... Someone. (Like I haven't pretty much come out and said it already.)

Severus1snape: In time. Just be patient.

Jan: Yes, personally I hate winter (too cold, and I don't do cold well), but winter weddings are pretty, even I can admit that. And thank you, I figure if you're going to have differences in magic, some people will have compatible magic and some won't, and you have to take that into account.

nari-chan: Oh, no! Well, if I could afford to help you replace the cable, I would. I love hearing from you! In the meantime, I will endeavor to update often and will hear from you when you are able to find internets, I suppose. And don't worry, Sev will warn Draco before doing anything drastic in regards to the courtship.

JustAReader: Glad you like it! I try to keep things original, even though I do occasionally post my own take on the many cliches in fandom. Sev/Draco is a rare enough pair that there aren't any cliches associated with it yet, I've noticed. Harry and Luc will eventually get their moment. There will be a sequel.

Tiffany: Thank you! As I've already said, I try to keep things original. My creativity is the one thing I pride myself on, so if it comes through loud and clear, I'm obviously doing something right! And the wedding night is getting ever closer! I'm currently working on the weekend get-away, so there are pre-written chapters ready, which means quick updates, so YAY! And no, I don't think it's weird that you're reading TZC and this one. I write them both, after all. But then again, I have a bit of a Draco obsession. Can you tell?

• 2 weeks later...

Jan: Well, they head out for the date in this chapter, but most of the date is contained in the next chapter. But you do get to see where they're going, so at least I don't leave you all in suspense. That's a good thing, right?

starr: Really, I've got Sev OOC? Argh, I'm tying to avoid that, dammit! Oh, well, hopefully I can avoid that happening again. I'm glad you're still enjoying this, though!

Severus1snape: Oh, yes, it most certainly will! Sorry about all the UST with Harry and Luc, but they still have the rest of the fic before they start to do anything about their mutual attractions.It'll happen, I'm just letting you know that, well, it's going to be a while yet.

nari-chan: Well, my muses have been giving me trouble lately, but I have chapters ready to go, so it shouldn't be a problem. I've also started working on the sequel (looks like it may be more plot-heavy than this one), and things are starting to take shape. There will be some new faces popping up in the next fic.

Ari: Thank you very much! I'm glad someone actually commented on the battle training, because those scenes are actually pretty hard to write, and I hate them, but they really need to be there, LOL. I've read too many fics that mention training but never show it, and I can see why, but I think it adds to the story if you really show how hard Harry's trying to learn, and proving that it doesn't just happen overnight. I'm not a fan of the writing process on those, but the finished product always makes me proud.

Jan: Yes, I figured Draco needed to see it at least once. So he's aware of where he'll be living during the summer, and all. I almost forgot to make sure Draco went there completely. Heh. And that would have been bad. ^^;

starr: Well, Ron WILL come around, I'm just not sure yet whether it'll be in this story, or the next one. I'm still working on making it happen. It's slow going. I know how you feel, I can take bashing of pretty much any of Harry's friends (barring the twins), and keep going. I've read fics that bash pretty much everyone, but Ron seems to get more than his fair share of bad roles. I guess I should really work on getting him to come around, since I'm thinking about it now.

Severus1snape: Well, you know, he who bears the children,and all. And I hate to say it, but with the way Draco acts and the way he takes care of his skin (you'll see more about that later on)... Yeah, he's got some pretty girly habits. I've said it. Man, if he broke through that fourth wall and saw this, I'd be in for it, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Severus1snape: Aren't they? I think I may have a new OTP, which is weird, cause I READ primarily Snarry lately. Oh, well, I suppose I'll just have to fill the world with Snaco single-handedly. I'm sure I can think up enough plotlines to fill the void. Maybe.

Jan: Yes, he really is. It's really his right to gloat, though, Sev doesn't lose his cool very easily.

Broski123456: Glad you like it! Hope this chapter goes over just as well!

starr: Well, that is his goal, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Severus1snape: Yes, they really are. Harry and Luc right now are a bit stuck in a state of denial. Luc will get the push he needs in the prologue to the sequel, which is already written. Cut him a little slack for now, he's still against the idea of EVER marrying again. Remember, 'it's more trouble than it's worth.'

nari-chan: I'm glad you like it! I know how you feel, I want a Severus of my own, LOL. Or at least something close to it.

• 2 weeks later...

alectrona: Well, I'm glad you're liking it, but the Harry/Lucius plotline is only really going to take off in the sequel, so we've got a ways to go yet. But we will get there, so no worries. Harry/Lucius is my favorite pairing, although this will be the first fic I have that's strictly Harry/Luc. I did have a Harry/Draco/Lucius once upon a time, but it hasn't been up on this site for YEARS. I may get back to posting it someday, but I don't know for sure if I will.

starr: It will be tough to keep to the rules, but who knows? They may decide they don't want to follow them after all. You'll just have to wait and see.

nari-chan: Haha, I love that line. Wait until the sequel; Malfoy men and their lax morals INDEED! I've already started working on that one, and Lucius is a BAD BAD man! Which is good for us, of course! ^_^ It'll be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Severus1snape: Me too! This is why I write: to live vicariously through my stories. I wish I could actually LIVE one of my works. It'd be awesome!

Talliane: Heehee, we'll see. Draco is trying his hardest to get into Sev's pants, though.

Kittykat575: Ah, well, about that... There's still... About ten chapters before the wedding. So it'll be a bit of a wait, still.

Jan: Mark and Pierce are only here for these two chapters, but we will be meeting some other OCs that will have a more important, and recurring, role in these two fics. You meet them in this one and that plotline continues in the next fic. You'll see what I mean.

Anon: Severus is definitely having a hard time sticking to his guns, but with Draco pushing him all the time for more, who can really blame him? We still have... uhm... Ten chapters, after this one, before the wedding, but I'm happy with the wedding chapter, so I think it'll be worth the wait.

Severus1snape: Why thank you! (Wait until you see the wedding night! I think I may have outdone myself on that one!)

• 2 weeks later...

starr: No, Severus hates Harry for the same reason he always hated him: He sees far too much of James in Harry. Severus actually feels that Lucius and Harry being together is a BAD idea. He thinks Lucius would get sick of Harry rather quickly and break his heart, thus turning the entire light side against him, though he won't tell Lucius that in so many words. Lucius has a habit of going through lovers at an impressive rate, but he was discreet enough about it that only Narcissa truly knew how quickly he tired of them.

Severus1snaoe: Just be patient! I know, the teasing and hinting at it is HORRIBLE of me, but just wait and trust me. You'll get to see just HOW questionable Lucius' morals are VERY soon, I promise. The sequel is shaping up to be VERY interesting, indeed. It won't disappoint, if you can wait until then!

Dark: Well, that won't happen until the sequel, but we're getting close, I promise! Ten more chapters to this one!

Jan: I'm glad you're enjoying my fics so much! Just wait until we get to the sequel, there are some fun OCs I've been working with lately. I think you'll like them!

nari-chan: He'll be keeping his hands to himself (mostly) in this fic, but hands (and more!) WILL be wandering once we get to the sequel!

Severus1snape: Yes, yay. Although, to be fair, it's only two lessons, since Lucius isn't going to teach Harry ALL the uses the Dark Arts can be put to, only the Dark spells that are useful in battle. But I've got an idea or two rolling around in my head that I may or may not follow up on. We'll see how much I still want to work with my Faurae once OPaW2 is completed...

starr: Yeah, Harry strikes me as the type that just doesn't see how attractive he is. But Neville and Ginny are determined to show him how good-looking he is.

starr: Yes, Harry's got some kind of mental block where romance is concerned. (Lucius can't possibly be flirting with HIM, nope, no way!) It's okay, though, he'll figure it out soon enough. Just eight more chapters to go before the sequel!

Jan: Yes, he's got some serious denial issues, but he won't be able to run from the truth forever. I didn't want my Harry to be TOO naive, but he's still going to blush easily (and often), and Lucius is definitely going to step up his game when the sequel comes around. I'm loving the way the next one is looking already. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to see how people react to my Lucius. I really like him.

Vrey: Thank you! I'm glad you're liking it! ^_^

Anon: LOL, I know, right? I don't know who I feel more sorry for: Draco or Lucius. They were both SO uncomfortable discussing the topic. Ahaha, I live to torture my characters.

Jan: I probably could have done better, but it seemed best to just leave it at that. We all know Lucius really doesn't want to have that talk with his son, and I think their talk got that point across just fine as is. There was no reason to make it any harder for them.

starr: Haha, glad you liked it! And yes, Lucius' reaction to having to give his son "The Talk" is pretty funny. I kept giggling as I wrote it, imagining his facial expressions. Poor Lucius.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.