Click Here!

March Madness Review Replies and Discussion

DrunkenScotsman

Guest harbinger of kaos

Very well, has she seen every thought he has had of Jubilee and the other girls during his dry period? and has she been turned into a psychic voyeur because of it?

Very well, has she seen every thought he has had of Jubilee and the other girls during his dry period? and has she been turned into a psychic voyeur because of it?

unf. Regardless of DS's fic. that on its own would constitute a good excuse plot for a smut fic. Jean picking up on all sort of naughty goings on, real and imagined.

Guest Harbinger Of Kaos

I think there is one, somewhere deep in the archives. I remember reading one, a long time ago. I think the title of it was "Good Girls Don't Get Caught."

Edit: Also, new chapter posted, everyone! Enjoy!

Saw it on Mediaminer.

I realized that I haven't been responding to your replies, for which I apologize. It's been a rough, crazy couple of weeks for me here lately. So I'll respond now, while I've got a chance to breathe.

In general, it seems like everyone's enjoyed the other girls' brief roles in the story. I wanted to make their scenes fun, funny, and memorable without detracting from the overall Bobby-Jubilee narrative; Amara's subplot comes a little close, I think.

In particular, Daye, it continually amazes me how you're able to almost read my mind in terms of where a particular story is going. You definitely called in advance that Jubilee had arranged for the other girls to tease Bobby during his month of no wanking. Well done!

I appreciate all the positive feedback everyone has given me on this story. It struck me as a bit of a gamble, structurally, so I'm glad it's paying off. Speaking of payoffs, the next chapter will be up a little later this weekend, with one more to wrap up by the end of the month or the first week of June. At most, I might wait until the NBA Finals wrap up around mid-June so I can incorporate its results into it; I haven't decided yet.

Thanks again for reading and enjoying my stories! :D

Edited by DrunkenScotsman

I'm not sure, though I have some ideas:

I still have my ongoing R+V fics - the storyline there still needs development and resolution.

I've had an Avatar: The Last Airbender story idea that I've been wanting to work on, but given its scope it'd be a massive time-sink.

As for X-fics, I discussed with Daye an idea late last year, based on the celebrities whose pictures got hacked en masse: that Arcade hacks into the Mansion's systems and spies on the various girls dressing/undressing, etc. I was thinking to set this story in XME, since its version of Arcade is more explicitly a hacker; though I could see it still working for the more mainstream version.

I've also considered expanding "Unwrapped," taking it from a one-shot to a two- or three-chapter affair between Scott and Rogue over that Christmas break.

In similar vein to "Solo Shots" and "First Times," I've also recently had an idea for a story called "Sirens' Shame" (or something to that effect), wherein each of the Bayville Sirens (Amara, Jean, Kitty, Rogue, Tabby) gets a chapter focusing on an incident where she does something she's ashamed of or that she later regrets. If the premise seems familiar, that might be due to another story I read a long time ago - the title of which escapes me - that dealt with all the characters doing something kinda messed up, usually to another character; for example, Kitty got Kurt drunk to try to sleep with him, but he passed out, but she acted like they did it anyway to wreck his relationship with Amanda. A few of the chapters were a little lame, but the good ones were excellent.

Outside of XME - which, as you might have guessed, has sparked a lot of story ideas for me - I've also thought that a Scarlet Witch-centric story might be fun, but I don't really have a premise beyond that. Likewise with Polaris or Psylocke - some of the less-used characters in fanfic.

Guest Harbinger of Kaos

I'm not sure, though I have some ideas:

I still have my ongoing R+V fics - the storyline there still needs development and resolution.

I've had an Avatar: The Last Airbender story idea that I've been wanting to work on, but given its scope it'd be a massive time-sink.

As for X-fics, I discussed with Daye an idea late last year, based on the celebrities whose pictures got hacked en masse: that Arcade hacks into the Mansion's systems and spies on the various girls dressing/undressing, etc. I was thinking to set this story in XME, since its version of Arcade is more explicitly a hacker; though I could see it still working for the more mainstream version.

I've also considered expanding "Unwrapped," taking it from a one-shot to a two- or three-chapter affair between Scott and Rogue over that Christmas break.

In similar vein to "Solo Shots" and "First Times," I've also recently had an idea for a story called "Sirens' Shame" (or something to that effect), wherein each of the Bayville Sirens (Amara, Jean, Kitty, Rogue, Tabby) gets a chapter focusing on an incident where she does something she's ashamed of or that she later regrets. If the premise seems familiar, that might be due to another story I read a long time ago - the title of which escapes me - that dealt with all the characters doing something kinda messed up, usually to another character; for example, Kitty got Kurt drunk to try to sleep with him, but he passed out, but she acted like they did it anyway to wreck his relationship with Amanda. A few of the chapters were a little lame, but the good ones were excellent.

Outside of XME - which, as you might have guessed, has sparked a lot of story ideas for me - I've also thought that a Scarlet Witch-centric story might be fun, but I don't really have a premise beyond that. Likewise with Polaris or Psylocke - some of the less-used characters in fanfic.

Wish I could help in the RV and Avatar but I have been remise in those series.

I actually would like to see more of that story with Scott and Rogue.

I would be leery of any story involving any version of Arcade, given the stories they have involving him and what he does to the women in his clutches you can understand why, I hope you don't hold that against me.

I am only familiar with First times as the other is unknown to me.

I believe we discussed several ideas for Wanda and Betsy early on in this thread so perhaps one of those helps. As for Polaris, well you could have her meet Bobby and show the blooming romance between them, hopefully better than how the comics handled it.

The only other Idea we discussed is Jean/Bobby so there is that.

Fair point about Arcade. I know exactly which story you're talking about. I don't have it in me to write anything _that_ brutal.

If you're only familiar with "First Times," there's an easy solution: go read all my other work! :D

After some deliberation, I've come to a decision: I'll probably work on my R+V stuff next, since I'm in the middle of a story arc. I'll also expand "Unwrapped," probably in time for the holidays.

After that, who knows? I've also been considering that maybe it's about time for me to hang 'em up - I've been writing fanfic for about six years now, a total of over 240K words by this point. I've learned the crucial writerly skill of "sitting down and writing a lot, even when I don't feel like it." "First Times" felt like a magnum opus to me, since it required sustained focus and dedication to complete over the course of two whole years; the R+V stuff has helped and is helping me create a sustained story arc. "March Madness" has been a revelation as well, since it's forced me to knock out ~2500 word chapters in a week or less, something I couldn't or didn't think I could do before. I've been thinking more and more that I should try to take all these experiences and skills and put them towards writing original stories, that maybe I've got a shot at doing this writing thing professionally. But that means writing fanfic, fun as it is, would need to fall by the wayside so I could focus on writing stuff I could publish and make money from.

(shrug) I don't know yet, but that's what's on my mind.

Your last chapter of March Madness was totally awesome, great sex, and great wrap up. I don't think there could have been a better way for Bobby to pop the question.

When it came to your last chapter of R+V it was great up until the part where Tsukune bitched out and caved in to Moka, but I guess that is consistent with his character. I am looking forward to the next chapter and anything else you do. I just hope that Tsukune grows a pair of balls and put his foot down with Moka

I hope you don't think you have to stop doing one thing in order to do another. if you enjoy writing fanfictions keep writing them when you have the time. and simply focus on the stories you want to write for official publication.

Just when you do write your book for publication drop us a hint and let us know about this new book that's coming on sale that we should check out.

Edited by Aysha c.c.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.