Click Here!

Crawling Within

CloverReef

Crawling Within

Rufus dreamed of a place where he and his brother wouldn't have to hide any more; where sodomy wasn't answered with a noose. They planned to chase that dream across the sea, but then a horrific storm hit. They were left wounded and stranded by a nightmarish shipwreck, and that day, Rufus was changed. He began to see a man that couldn't be real. The man told him things that couldn't be true. The man warned: something was out there, coming for him.

Link: Clickety Click Click!

Setting: History-inspired world

Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Thriller

Warnings: Non-con, violence, slavery, torture, anal, more to come

Author's note: Yes, I have changed the summary a couple times. I struggled to come up with something I was happy with. I kinda like it now, so I think I'll leave it as is.

Chapter 1 Review responses:

Lora:

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you continue to enjoy it ^_^

Anon:
Yay! Terrifying! That's my favourite kinda compliment :D I'm glad you like my writing style. I started this story two years ago. Even after some massive edits, I was a little nervous about the flow... but I'm nervous about every other part of everything anyway, so... grain of salt? And now I'm excited that you're excited! Hope to hear from you again <3

Edited by CloverReef

• 3 weeks later...

Reviews for Chapter 3:

Lola:

Love/hate relationships are so fun. What's tension and violence without a little lust to mix things up?

Longduckdong:

I suppose you won't read this since you didn't like my story. If it just wasn't your cup of tea, that's fine, but if there were blatant errors, I'd appreciate elaboration on it.

kew:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. ^_^

Rui:

Thanks! I have every intention of continuing, so thank you for the encouragement ^_^ it's motivating to hear.

Reviews for Chapter 4:

asfdf:

Thanks. Believe it or not, that does make me feel better. I spent a couple days picking my story apart after that bad review, but I'm neurotic so I'd probably have found a reason to do that anyway. It's out of my system now though, lol. I'm happy to hear from you!

Lola:

Yay, you're back! I'm glad you still enjoy it ^_^ I think both Kett and Cedric hope something happens to Alcott too, lol.

Rui:

Ohai Rui! I'm happy you liked this instalment, and I'm happy to hear from you again. Thanks for the review!

Kew:

Howdy Kew! I'm thrilled you're enjoying it and I hope you continue to. It's fun to write to, even though chapter 12 is kicking my arse a bit! Thanks for the review <3 always happy to hear from you.

klm:

Thank you, klm; you made my night. I spend so much time agonizing over the minute details of my style, I often worry it screws with the overall picture. You seem to have an appreciation of genre fusions - I like that. The story was meant to be a horror in a fantasy setting, but I wanted to keep the fantasy-ness just a subtle undertone, so as not to take away from the... mood, I guess? I don't know. Anyway, my point is, I'm glad you noticed, and I'm doubly glad it's not too obvious. Thanks for the review and the ego boost! I hope to hear from you again!

CL. Mustafic:

Ch 1-2: Even though your reviews were for early chapters, I'm putting my response here... because it's easier for me :D Anyhoo thank you for pointing out that editing error. I hopped in and fixed it immediately. That's what happens when I start the millionth go-over and then get distracted halfway through. Don't worry, it's not the first time my stories have been found confusing. I got that a lot for Heirloom. But things should clear themselves up soon. This story isn't nearly as muddled as Heirloom was... well, it's not supposed to be anyway. I can't promise there will be no tentacles, but I can promise there will be no tentacle rape. Cedric, btw, is not on the same island. Rufus and Bobby will join him soon after chapter 2. Thanks for dropping me a couple reviews, CL!

Ch 3-4: You're right, Rufus isn't exactly human anymore. Maybe he's all three! A... Zompiremon? LOL it's funny I got your review for chapter 4 after I posted chapter 5. Or maybe that's only funny to me... Oh well. Aren't cliffhangers fun? Even itty bitty ones like chapter 4's. Even thought it wasn't meant to be one... The full scene just made the chapter too long and bumping the whole scene to chapter 5 left chapter 4 too short. Why am I telling you this? I just woke up... I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks again for the reviews <3

Take care guys <3

Edited by CloverReef

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Chapter 5:

Thanks for reviewing guys <3 Your feedback provides endless amounts of motivation and inspiration.

Mona Thompson:

LOL I love your attitude. Seriously, I laughed out loud. I'm ecstatic parts of the story creeped you out - that's exactly what I strive to do. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I'm a little worried about your bed, though. Thank you for the entertaining reviews - I'm still snickering about that second one!

Blue GhostGhost:

I see where you're coming from. Rufus is a lot more reserved than the main characters I usually do. He's the kind of person it takes time to get to know. And I agree a writer has to make the readers like the characters, so I'm a little sad that you don't like them so far. This story is just beginning, and Rufus will remain the main character. I like to think there's still plenty of time for readers to get to know him and decide whether they like him or not. Thank you for your review - I appreciate your honesty.

Kali:

Thank you for dropping me a line! I'm happy you're intrigued and I hope you enjoy what's to come.

Reviews for Chapter Six

ssn:

Hey! No worries, I took out the wrong review. Who Rufus is going to hook up with will become clearer in the next few chapters, but who would you like him to end up with? Don't worry about Lady Primrose. She has a part to play real soon.

Lola:

Hello Miss Lola! I'm glad you like Kett. He's an interesting character to write and try to unravel. What sort of closure would you like to see between him and Cedric?

Kali:

That confusion you're feeling is perfectly natural. Part of me is proud, part of me feels guilty and wants to answer the question and spoil it for you, but don't worry, I shall resist! I'll give you a hint though. One of your guesses is close, but there's a third option. Thank you for your kind review, I'm glad you're enjoying this story.

Mitts:

Thanks for dropping by, Mitts! I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I hear what you're saying about swearing in narrative. I did debate with myself over that very line in the editing process, and ultimately decided to keep it in. I like to make my 3rd POV narrative in the perspectives of characters, so it's kinda close to 1st POV to me, without actually being 1st POV. I'll avoid obscenities in narrative in the future, but I should warn you, scenes from Cedric's perspective are pretty rife with them! Thank you for your honesty - feedback like this is crucial and always appreciated.

Edited by CloverReef

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.