Click Here!

Cannot log into account

Guest Lexington

Guest Lexington

A few years ago (5ish to be not so exact) I made an account here and posted a grand total of ONE story in the archive. A few months ago I tried to log in to post another story and found that I couldn't remember my password so I just made a new account. I'm now curious if I can regain access to my original account as I prefer that username and would like to have it back. I attempted to do a password reset and it says that my email is either not registered or registered to multiples. I used a different email address with my new account so I know it's not that (and I can still get into my new account without a problem.) I did verify that the email I'm trying to use to reset is the one linked to the original account I'm trying to access (I went back and found 5 year old review alert emails)

The account I'm trying to access, the older one, is GamerChick. The email linked to it is blackpantherlover, at gmail dot com. Any help would be much appreciated.

Okay. Two things need to happen.

I need to know the current account pen name (email not necessary). Then we need to merge the two accounts, since we don't allow multiple accounts. We can use the original account name as the surviving name, and of course any stories will be merged.

Guest Lexington

Okay. Two things need to happen.

I need to know the current account pen name (email not necessary). Then we need to merge the two accounts, since we don't allow multiple accounts. We can use the original account name as the surviving name, and of course any stories will be merged.

Thank you! The new account is LexingtonBlack. It had a story on it but it got deleted since my co-author didn't have an account. So it should just be the one story on the original pen name. Thank you for being so quick!

Okay, we'll get this set up for the account merger.

I did check on that story that was deleted as well. It seems your co-author never contacted us with their information for our records. We don't require them to have an account, but we do need to verify that your co-author is legally able to post here, since we're an age-restricted site. If Rein Strada can supply us with an email, we can do our verification and you'll be able to post the story again.

Guest Lexington

Okay, we'll get this set up for the account merger.

I did check on that story that was deleted as well. It seems your co-author never contacted us with their information for our records. We don't require them to have an account, but we do need to verify that your co-author is legally able to post here, since we're an age-restricted site. If Rein Strada can supply us with an email, we can do our verification and you'll be able to post the story again.

Yea, he got too busy to bother setting up an account and we ended up trashing the story anyway, so I just let it be deleted, but I appreciate you telling me the steps needed to repost it. I am going to be posting stories written with another co-author, but in anticipation of this he's already made an account. :)

Guest Lexington

I'm not being impatient, I know these things take time and I appreciate how quick of a response I got, I'm just checking in to make sure there's nothing I need to be doing here, like watching out for an email or trying to log in or something.

Bear with us, and I'll see if I can find out the status of the merge. That's something our tech admin does herself, and she's been completely swamped with RL work stuff. But she's the one with access to the database, so she needs to merge the accounts.

If anything, she would send an email letting you know that the accounts were merged, but that wouldn't require a response from you as far as any links to activate things. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lexington

Hi! I'm just checking in to make sure I didn't miss anything. I've been checking my email and my spam folder to make sure I didn't miss an email but I also am notoriously bad about missing things that are right in front of my face. If you're still busy in RL, DemonGoddess, please take your time, I know RL takes priority over all else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lexington

@GamerChick/Lexington

Now you need to activate the account using the email it was registered with. The dupe is gone now

Thank you! I hate to be a pest, but how would I go about doing that? I've tried logging in with the email account, it says I'm not registered, and I tried re-sending an activation email and it again says that my email addy, the blackpanther one, is not registered. I also checked my email to make sure I hadn't gotten anything, including the spam folder. Nada.

Did you use the procedure for activating an existing account? It's slightly different from the new account method:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29595-existing-users-logging-in-for-the-1st-time-in-the-new-system/

We have the account pen name as GamerChick, and the email address is the blackpanther address at gmail

If you've done that already, what you may need to do is clear the deck a bit. Log out of AFF, even if you don't think you're logged in. Then clear your browser's history, close the browser all the way, restart the browser, and then try logging in to AFF. Sometimes you need to refresh and reset a bit.

Guest Lexington

Did you use the procedure for activating an existing account? It's slightly different from the new account method:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29595-existing-users-logging-in-for-the-1st-time-in-the-new-system/

We have the account pen name as GamerChick, and the email address is the blackpanther address at gmail

If you've done that already, what you may need to do is clear the deck a bit. Log out of AFF, even if you don't think you're logged in. Then clear your browser's history, close the browser all the way, restart the browser, and then try logging in to AFF. Sometimes you need to refresh and reset a bit.

I did use that process earlier and ran into issues. I just cleared all my cache, cookies, browsing data, and restarted my browser and went back to AFF and tried again. When I try to log in from the login page that the forum topic says to use, it tells me my email address is not registered. (I'm using the blackpanther one and I am clicking Login and not just pressing enter.) If I try to request a password reset OR a new validation email it says the same thing for both "The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering" I'm typing the email correctly, I verified that several times, and my cache is totally empty. I'm not logged in anywhere and I have checked my email, and my spam folder to make sure I haven't gotten anything.

Guest Lexington

There's another old account. Nariza... We're going to need to merge that one as well.

I am really sorry. I didn't even know that one existed. It's definitely mine as that's a common pen name I use, but I honestly didn't remember it at all. I must have created it a long time ago. Is there anything I can do to make this any easier? At this point I feel bad enough causing such trouble, that I'd abandon the Gamerchick username if it's just easier for me to do something else. I'm sorry. If you'll let me know the easiest route for me to take I'll do whatever I need to do.

nah, it's a simple matter of making sure only ONE archive account is registered with a specific email. My apologies, I should have seen that other one. In any case, it's fixed now, there is only one account registered to the email in question, and you can update your GamerChick account

• 4 months later...
Guest misspancake

Hi guys! I appreciate everything you do keeping this site together on top of your actual RL and I'm really sorry to be a pain D:

I'm having a similar issue to the above - I was wanting to merge 2 accounts or even delete a dupe, either is fine. The user: misspancake

emails possibly associated: lol kitz at gmail dot com OR yummy.fishies at gmail dot com

One has a story associated with it and the formatting is bugging the hell out of me that I can't edit/access it. The other I didn't even know existed but apparently I created it?

I was wanted to have the accounts merged under my main email (lol kitz) please let me know if this is at all possible and I will love you forever and ever! :mademyday:

I've located the two accounts, and I'll set this up for a merge once you confirm that these are both you:

misspancake

and

misspancake

I just want to be sure the second is yours as well. If so, we can merge those for you and get the email address updated as well.

• 1 month later...
Guest Emesaris

Hi, I made an account here back in 2013 under the username Emesaris and I unfortunately cannot remember the password for my account and I no longer have access to the original email account that was used to register. Is there possibly any way I can regain access to my account? The original email was yamazakigyaru@yahoo.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.