Click Here!

The Sponsors: Books 1, 2, and 3 Replies

wanda_walker

Replies to last chapter of Book 1:

Thank you to Avelynn, dragon04, and Detrix for your replies. :)

To jjma: Thank you! I've decided to put up the second book because I got a decent number of replies. For other works that aren't on my AFF account, you can always visit my fictionpress account, which is here.

To A: Thank you. :) Mystery man will get met about halfway through Book 2. My Fictionpress name is Wanda Walker, so you can always Google it. Or go to the link I put in the reply above this one. There are other stories on there too, including The Solider and His Servant, the original story that The Sponsors was a spin-off of.
To amoxi: Thanks for the long reply! Those are my favorite. ;) I don't blame you for skipping the first chapters, cuz I do that all the time, lol. And the first chapter is really dense, even though it's actually pretty important later. So it's good you went back and read it or else you'd be a little confused about that coin that Zhas loves so much. XD And yeah, I have a thing for making handsome guys into total assholes and the less attractive ones as decent people. Hassal is the only real "hot" sponsor-- most of them are older and suffer the side-effects of age, be that wrinkles or extra weight or scars or whatever. As for Maarik and Zhas... I'll keep my mouth shut on that one. XD
I'd love to become the author people come to recognize as the one who makes average people interesting. That's my one goal in life (seriously). Now that I'm putting the chapters up on AFF, you can read them here or there (FP is a bit ahead though). You can also read my other junk, if you want. Thanks for reading!
To Mona Thompson: Thanks! Maarik is definitely an improvement to Hassal, even if he's kind of a jerk at the same time. Thank you for reading and reviewing!

Chapter 2: The Market

To jennifer: I promise that there are no abusive relationships in Zhas's future. :) There are sometimes strange and unusual relationships, but luckily Hassal and his ilk are in Zhas's past. I'm excited that you're excited!
To amoxi: Summaries are pretty hard for me to write, especially without spoilers (because I didn't want to mention Maarik's name, in case someone hasn't read the first one). Plus I know the story is kind of ... odd. It's the only slash story I've found set in a faux medieval African setting, and while it is slavefic, it's not really about sex slavery, which seems to be something people like. XD But I'm glad that it can still be enjoyed by people despite how different it is. :) But what you said makes total sense. No point in investing yourself in the first few chapters if you don't like the meat of it. I've read stories that I started out skimming but then got super into it and had to go back and read.
I'm glad you love drama, cuz there's lots of it. XD Oh man, Emo Cowboy is so old (though I still love the characters-- I just think they've evolved since then). Dialogue and character interaction are my favorite things to write. I could write a whole book of just dialogue, ehe. Thanks for reading!
To Mona Thompson: Yes, Zhas becomes much more independent now, though you can see in Chapter 2 that he still has a lot to learn (and mistakes to make). Mistakes are how you learn though, so he'll get there. Maarik is... complicated, and while I don't really see him having a soft side, he's not completely unreasonable. He will eventually appreciate Zhas's contributions, though he won't easily admit it. Thanks for reading!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.