Click Here!

He Dipped His What Where?!

cu-kid9

I was reading through a story the other day, gearing up for what looked to be a well-written sex scene, and came to a screeching halt when I read something along the lines of, "He ran his tongue down her body, dipping it into her bellybutton before moving on."

Okay, this isn't something new to me. I've read many stories out there that have this lavishing of the bellybutton. But it bothers me. Every time I read it, I squirm in my chair and skip quickly over it. After a conversation with my roommate on this subject, I've realized what my problem with it is

As far as I'm concerned, you can stick just about anything wherever you want and I'm okay with it (I mean, in stories... :D ). But for some reason, the thought of someone licking the inside of my bellybutton totally grosses me out - or the thought of someone wanting me to do it to them. I mean, it's a hole, where things collect and, though I'm pretty obsessive about making sure I clean mine, I know there are people out there who don't (bellybutton lint, people! You really want to find out what that tastes like?!). And it's not like it's one of the questions to ask someone before you have sex with them - "Are you clean? Do you have condoms? Do you make sure to keep your bellybutton clean? Oh, that's good because I might be tonguing it later." :sick:

Can anyone explain to me why this particular act seems to make a lover writhe in delight? Because I just don't get it. And, if it doesn't, who started this?! And why, for gods' sake, do people keep using it?!

It's a psychological tease, it's very close (on a male or female) to the area that (s)he needs/wants that sort of attention to be. Meaning... it's a tease (and when done right can be great)

I don't know if I've ever let myself go long enough for my belly button to collect lent. I mean, when I clean it, I never find anything in there . . . I don't know about you all . . . .

It's a psychological tease, it's very close (on a male or female) to the area that (s)he needs/wants that sort of attention to be. Meaning... it's a tease (and when done right can be great)

I can understand the teasing aspect of it. Maybe I've just never had it...done right. But aren't there other places that would work just as well? Do I really need saliva in my bellybutton? I suppose it all comes down to people's erogenous zones and such...

I agree with cu

and I'd like to add that it's a scar that used to transport bodily fluids and such.

it's sick.

You know, I never thought of that...but ew and ick. Although, that doesn't quite gross me out as much as what could possibly be in there.

I think, for me, what it comes down to is an aversion to having foreign objects in my mouth...which sounds so much dirtier than I mean it to...

Hahahahaha! I guess I'm the only person who washes it thinking "what if somebody licks there today???" I also wash my neck and behind my ears, because I like being kissed on the ears and neck. And all of this would be useful if I could ever manage to get laid instead of ditching the guy/girl first, or having to break things off because they "love" me and want a "relationship" or at least want me for their exclusive use while they go out and fuck the world, which I resent just on principal of the matter. But I digress, wash your belly buttons people.

Hahahahaha! I guess I'm the only person who washes it thinking "what if somebody licks there today???"

:lol:

I don't know if you're the only one...but I can honestly say I've never thought that when washing it.

And I agree - wash your bellybuttons! It's just good hygiene...even if my tongue isn't going to come anywhere near it...

You don't have to stick the tip of your tongue all the way in and scrub it hard and deep, a "dip" can mean just taking the tip over the navel with a slight downward slope, a light lick or a brush of the tongue, and that's sexy... although sometimes people specifically go the "scrub hard and deep" route...

Bellybuttons are sensitive. My boyfriend sticks his finger in mine and the sensation is just.... weird. The strange part is I usally end up getting a hard on from it. It's not because it turns me on it's just... I don't know.

I don't like saliva on me anywhere period... That particular body fluid squicks me out big time. I don't wash my bellybutton, but I do compulsively keep my ears clean.

• 1 month later...

xD

I don't understand why people include it in the build up to sex scenes either personally. I hate having my stomach licked entirely, and I sure as hell don't want my belly button messed around with. I do wash it though!

• 2 weeks later...
I hate having my stomach licked entirely, and I sure as hell don't want my belly button messed around with. I do wash it though!

Good for you :P

I clean my nails and my bellybutton and other places that collect dirt like 20 times a day because I can just feel that dirt and it bugs me... I would clean my ears that often if it wasn't for the gallons of blood that come pouring out at the slightest touch... (it just hurts a little but blood sounds so much better :P )

Ewww...I clean mine daily (sometimes more often than that). But...it still gets dirty in between washings. It's a hole, in my belly, which sweats, and is covered up ALL DAY LONG to get grody until I shower at night (or feel like I just can't let it be a collection hole any longer and scrub it out with a baby wipe).

Why would I want to subject hubby to sticking his tongue into (or over or around) the sweat repository? :P

*covers belly button in shame*

I really don't know where the belly button licking thing came from, but if it is a turn on, then great. If it is a complete turn off, and grosses you out, then don't do it. For me, I am just ticklish, but after reading some of these comments, that just sounds gross. Some things that start out tickling could turn painful or erotic. I like erotic.

Why would I want to subject hubby to sticking his tongue into (or over or around) the sweat repository? :unsure:

Oh, ewww :lol: I kind of realized after reading all the responses to this, that it's sort of amazing how choice words can really make something sound either fabulous or terrible.

I've found the exception to my rule about not delving into someone's bellybutton - men with flat stomachs who have very little to dip into at all. Hard not to wash it out when there isn't really anything to wash out in the first place, I guess...

Oh, and Zyx, I totally feel you about the cleaning out under your nails thing. I do that obsessively all the time.

Guest CanadianGinger

Blah! I totally just got a shiver. I personally don't find anything about the belly button appealing, I mean, maybe licking around it, but not inside.

This whole thing got me thinking about lots of things and my brain cried and ran. :unsure: The bellybutton is not the grossest place to lick, lave, dip into, nip (or whatever other words can be thought of for sticking a tongue in a bellybutton). Have you really thought about oral sex. I think I may have turned myself off to oral anything. Yikes. Taking a shower before sex is great, because you know everything is clean. :lol:

This whole thing got me thinking about lots of things and my brain cried and ran. :D The bellybutton is not the grossest place to lick, lave, dip into, nip (or whatever other words can be thought of for sticking a tongue in a bellybutton). Have you really thought about oral sex. I think I may have turned myself off to oral anything. Yikes. Taking a shower before sex is great, because you know everything is clean. :sex:

:rofl:

Was it this thread that got you thinking and turned you off to oral anything? If so, that's kinda funny, but at the same time I'm sorry :errm: But I agree with you - I've always been a little...hesitant about oral sex. I mean, I won't even chew on my fingernails because who knows what's managed to get stuck underneath them (hence the obsessive cleaning)! So why, in gods' name, would I want to put my mouth or tongue on someone else's...well, anything...if it hasn't been thoroughly washed?! I'm not saying to scrub until you're raw, but a little soap goes a long way.

Yep, showering before sex is kind of a must for me, too. Otherwise the germ-a-phobe in me freaks out.

• 2 months later...
Guest pontaloon

the bellybutton licking is just another example of things that are hot to read about, but NOT hot in real life. its the magic of writting that makes it so even the grossest things can be a turn on. for example, felching is something i absolutely love! but in reality its just...

Confess who's got a real fetish for toe cheese and toe sucking out there, ergo a lover of smelly stinking feet <_<<_<:o:lol::P

Truly yucky foot action is Worse than a inny or outty laving anytime.... especially after some college Kid drinks strong boose from inside it !

Truth is there is more nasty germs in a human's mouth... than in a dog's!

My Sweet lovelies, A heads up from, Cal