Click Here!

Upload of owned commercial content

Miss_Aakiwa

I am the rights holder to an as of yet unpublished erotic novel. Currently in mid stage production. I was wondering if the site would allow its posting here free of charge. By the rights holder. In segments of course but the entire novel would be published here in the end. And if so what terms would apply. If this falls under the terms against read this posts I understand. Thank you in advance for your time.

- H Aakiwa

We allow the posting of original fiction by the author of the fiction. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "rights holder" and I'd need to clarify that before I can give you a firm answer.

I am the author but some authors sign publishing deals that take the IP rights. I wasn't sure which term to use.

I also need to know if posting it here would allow staff to print and sell it. I want to make sure i didn't miss that part of the ToS

I'm cool with free redist just not selling it in print or ebook

Oh, dear, staff here would never print or sell anything. We don't allow any sales here, to be quite honest, and we also don't permit redistribution. We have a forum thread for posting about offsite sales of published works, but the archive itself remains free to use and free to read. Teasers that require readers to purchase the remainder of a story or novel are also not allowed, no matter what James Patterson gets up to on Kindle.

I asked because my publisher holds the electronic rights to my published works for a set period, and would take a dim view of my posting those works here while I'm under contract. We would not want to have our site get caught up in a conflict between an author and a publisher where the electronic rights would include free publication on an online archive like AFF.

However, as long as you are the legal copyright holder, and the electronic publication rights are held by you, we are very pleased to have the novel posted to our archive for readers to enjoy freely.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.