Click Here!

Does the thought of a fully Functional Hermaphrodite,

Calanthee

Dear Writers and Readers does the idea of main character, who is a Hermaphrodite, leave you cold, or do you just find the idea detasteful?

The dictionary describes a Hermaphrodite as; an animal or a plant having both both male and female reproductive organs... right now we are refering to a human or half human individual in such a versital state, who is able to interact sexually with both men and women. Though it does stir-up the plot bunny, about a intelligent creature that is both plant and animal in one, who wants to fool around! :D

I just wrote a short story about such AN individual, GOT ONE REVIEW, BUT IT WAS MORE A ENCOURAGEMENT TO FINISH MY OTHER STORY which is okay, a number of others have read it... but made no comments. But since my story wasn't beta'ed, maybe they just didn't like my story, because of my poor grammar and spelling. I can accept that since I don't have a Beta

Any way my curosity got the better of me, to see what you people thought about a Hermaphrotite as major character in story?

Acceptable on this forum and Archieve is Het, M/M, F/F , even Bi to some degree, and don't forget the beast with the tentacles, but what about a lovely so-called creature that can take on all male and female "comers" and satisfy their needs. Is that thought horrifying to you all?

Any comments or critism will be gladly appreciated!

Sincerely, the lovely and evil Cal :D

Like always with fundamentally bad questions: It depends.

On tast mostly. A girl with a penis I could live with (though it would have to be done really really well).

The other way around, no way.

It sounds interesting to me. It's no secret that very little bothers me. But of course it would have to be well written.

Well this is a wonderful topic, as I was just discussing this, sort of, with my boyfriend. You see I was wondering what it was that attracted us to each other, and one particular sex over another. I say that beauty to the classical Greeks was androgynous, that is why so much of their art is androgynous. I would like to think that each of us would be attracted to a suitably beautiful androgynous hermaphrodite. One that has almost angelic features, delicate with high cheekbones and red lips, they would have be almost elven in their grace, and feminine, yet masculine, like some portrayals of vampires I have read.

I shall have to check out this story when I have some time. I wanted to write something similar if I ever got around to it. There are so many mysteries of sexuality that are not thoroughly explored in this culture. Hermaphrodites are one of them. I feel that if they are done well than the attraction power they would wield would be incredible.

On tast mostly. A girl with a penis I could live with (though it would have to be done really really well).

What you mean bad question! A question is just a question? Cal

As long as it isn't hermaphrodite on hermaphrodite sex in a McDonald's meat locker. I couldn't handle that. Anything else would be cool.

I have no problem with herms, actually, I'm fond of the fetish. There are countless many herm stories on the archive, including some by mine. Just look for "herm", "TransG" or "futa(nari)".

Yo Streti Dearist,

Herms are a mutation, deviate life form, while a fetish is a mental deviation or fixsation on certain objects, behaviors, or particular body parts... unless of course...maybe a herm story might be considered a fetish itself, but whatever, I plan to look up your stories and see what your cooking!

Big Wet Smooches, Cal

• 3 months later...

I think a reader's inherent sexual identification, and later conditioning, both play decent roles in determining their response to different kinds of erotica.

Like, a girl who is super-straight might not get Yuri one bit (probably natural to her), and therefore be "left cold", or even disgusted (that's probably conditioning). A super-straight guy can often only think of dirty hairy man-butts when faced with Yaoi or Slash (as is evidenced by some of the more passionately Anti-Yaoi dudes around these parts).

Being as I have a vagina (yes, congratulate me, thank you, Mommy made it for me), when I read M/M (from the "catcher's" perspective) or M/F, I physiologically identify with the desire to be "filled", so I sexually empathize. On the other hand, because my real-life preferences are a bit diverse, I can also think my way around to what it's like to have a penis, and experience sexual sympathy for an alpha male's pleausure. It's not as automatically accessible a feeling in me, but, when I "get there", it can be just as gratifying.

Erotica appeals to the primal self, so, sometimes, I find it hard to turn the feelings into words, but I think it might be difficult for the average person to relate to being both male and female at the same time. You probably won't get a huge audience with that subject material, but the one you get will be very grateful, because it is rarer. It's a new thought to me, to look for it on the site... I'll have to try it out.

Modern society, and not all of it, is just starting to grow out of its iron grip on utter gender and sexual polarization. Not many of we already-adults were raised with these ideas, and far fewer of us were
born
"getting it".

I probably wouldn't read it, but I think saying that it "disgusts" me goes too far. I probably wouldn't be aroused by it, but to be 'disgusted' implies I'd be upset about something. The only time I'd ever be upset is if hermaphrodites were introduced with no warning. Otherwise, have fun.

Tending to agree with Jaxxy here - as a fully sexually functional being, and generally accepting person, I don't find the topic per se unappealing, but any appeal for me would depend on the handling of the situations and the quality of the writing. Erotic? Could be... might not be...

Keith - meat locker and Macky D's? Wash your typing fingers with soap... Fast food is disgusting enough in itself surely? Unless we're talking about Chocolate milkshake, which I will admit to being occasionally tempted by.

Like shinigamiinochi, I haven't chanced upon much variation on the basic 'chick with dick' theme, and though I do have a herm story on one of my many back-burner's it's not likely to be finished for a long while since I stalled partway through the plot thread (blame writer's block!)

Anyway - it's late here, and that's my thruppence worth... enjoy debating!

'Purr

I'm not one to particularly read a story with the main character as a hermaphrodite all the time, but the idea does intrigue me and I have read a few stories in the past. To me a story involving such a character adds a uniqueness to the quality in the story and takes you from the normal M/M M/F F/F spectrum and tosses you into a more detailed series.

I am a writer, but I would never write one of those stories because...trying to word this properly...because it's not my style. I mainly write M/M M/F and F/F stories. I admit, I've attempted writing a story with a hermaphrodite character, but I didn't like the way it turned out and started over on the story changing the character to just being a male.

Being gay myself, having dated a transgender woman who wanted to have herself made into a man, and having a friend who is a herm, I understand what it is like since him and I *the friend prefers being referred to as a man* both have discussed this, and I have read fanfictions about this to try and understand it more as well. I see it as someone's personal choice to read a story with such characters, be it for understanding or for pleasure. Either way, the character is still a human and will be viewed as a normal person, albeit them having an extra part. As stated earlier, this just adds unique qualities to the story. Am I for a herm character in stories? Yes as long as its not completely insane and gross with how it is written.

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Writers and Readers does the idea of main character, who is a Hermaphrodite, leave you cold, or do you just find the idea detasteful?

I've actually read a story just like this before and really loved it. It was the most plausible mpreg that I'd ever read.

Is it the mental or the physical your talking about? If it's the physical, .... aren't they pretty much the same thing? A fully functional hermaphrodite would be technically neither male nor female but both. So they could be described as a girl with a penis or a boy with a vagina.

i have a secret love for futanari (dick girl) and I have yet to see any stories/manga/hentai ect in which a guy has a vagina, but I would be very interested in it.

There's a good one in the Gundam fandom by ShenLong. It's really long, doesn't skip over too much time, but it's good. The author seemed to put a lot of thought into the science of it.

Is it the mental or the physical your talking about? If it's the physical, .... aren't they pretty much the same thing? A fully functional hermaphrodite would be technically neither male nor female but both. So they could be described as a girl with a penis or a boy with a vagina.

There is the issue of "tits or balls" and you'd have to pick a side if you wanted to live a normal life.

Also, the mental aspect would have to be female for me to like it.

Normal, Zyxy Babe, is an illusion, no such thing exist, everything is in a state of flux/change from minute to minute in the universe....oh accept you... your alway so rigid about things ...guess that's normal for you, happy titties, but you should learn to be flexiable and go with the flow and enjoy the balls once in while... truly you don't know what your missing.

Har- die har har, Calanthee ^_^

There is the issue of "tits or balls" and you'd have to pick a side if you wanted to live a normal life.

Also, the mental aspect would have to be female for me to like it.

What if one chose to be neither one nor the other but both? Would that be abnormal?

I think if one was fully functional hermaphrodite, a girl would have testicles. Fully functional to me says reproduction can take place in either direction.

A fully functional hermaphrodite IS impossible. The situation is a hypothetical.

According to science anything conceivable is possible, we haven't reached that point to make it so yet or perhaps the mutation hasn't taken place, so far, but keep looking down and checking yourself out, things might develop any time now! :(:P^_^

Diabolical, Cal

PS If anyone finds something there, that wasn't there before let me know! Damn it could change everything. What if Mpreg was suddenly real, and not just fan fiction?

Well in that case a fully functional hermaphrodite would be impossible.

/thread

well, duh. But, in case you forgot, this is a fiction website. She's not talking about playing mad scientist and creating a full functioning hermaphrodite, she's talking about making a story with one in it. Last time I checked, we have the capacity to do that. I mean, tentacle monsters and ninjas with special powers are impossible, too, but there are thousands of stories on this site about impossible things. It's the fun part of imagination. And if we only wrote about things that are normal, this site would only be a sixth of what it is, maybe less. I say go for it, it sounds like an interesting character psychologically and sexually.

• 3 months later...

Well, this topic is quite intriguing and the posts are quite well informed and well thought out. I'm impresssed. As for the topic itself, I've come across the notion of a fully functional hemaphrodite and had to almost wince. In medical terms, there is no such thing. As in a male, with decidedly female genitalia but a pronounced clitoris (I've no idea if it's acceptable to use that erm, so please forgive it if it's not allowed) or any variation of the physical malformations that constitute a hermaprodite almost never achieve full function unless they become one or the other, both in arousal/ejaculation/orgasm or in terms of bearing children. At least from all of the medical journals I've read. Yes, the topic has intersted me enough to research it. The idea of a being born neither one or the other, or both, depending on how you look at it, is intellectually appealing. As for being disgusted, I think the answer is obvious, yes? Very little disgusts me and none of it has to do with gender specifics or orientation in any way. About the only thing I couldn't take, in a hemaphrodite story or any other, is the kind of rape story that allows for the hentai-sponsored enjoyment of that act simply because they've never experienced sex or have become somehow aroused enough to want more half-way through even though the begining was as painful and humiliating as it is in reality. Other than that, and M-preg, which when dealing with the innerfunctions of hemaphrodite physiology is physically impossible, I've no problem with anything . . . at all. The fact that there actually is a male-centered, that is a decidely male physicality with a vagina, fic out there isn't all that surprising, though I've yet to see it posted let alone take on the life of futanari. I shall have to take a look since you have peaked my interest.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.