Click Here!

Never plagiarize. Not even once by accident.

reriddle

I'm sorry if you feel that I come here to complain a lot. Sometimes writing in my journal isn't quite enough, I sometimes want people that I don't know to tell me it'll be ok. It's because I know, it isn't that big of a deal, but I tend to over think and stress out over things that could potentially grow into bigger things. I also don't want to waste people time with my little issues. All while still wanting to rant out my small issues.

Anyway. I'm currently going to school, gettin' my book learning. If any of you are currently or have previously done post secondary you know that one week where everything is due? That week where you have 3 essays due, 2 midterms and a bagillion pages to read all for Monday. Well I just had mine a few weeks ago. And I thought I managed to get through it fairly well! I managed to do pretty well on all of my midterms, while quickly writting up a not that fantastic paper, and speed reading through the course load. I was giving myself a big pat on the back, like "good for you, you managed your time well and finished all of your homeworks on time! have a few cookies!"

Turns out that I was wrong.

I just got my essay back, and I completely forgot to cite quite a few of my sources. I mean like 4 -6 sources missing. Fuck me. Universties do not like it when you plagiarize and there is a whole commity that makes sure the rules are followed. I

'm not the best writer, but I can at least stand my ground in academic writing. I've never forgotten to cite my courses before and now I'm really beating myself up over it.

Now I'm sitting around wondering if my proffessor is going to bring me up on plagerism charges. If she does, it will likely be very minor charges. Its the first time I've done it, and the facts that I was stating were never anything big. The assignment was only worth 10% of my grade, so if I have to get it reduced to a zero it wont be so bad. It just sucks that I might have to go through the plagarism council for leaving out some sources during the busiest week of school and I could have easily avoided it if I had just been a better editor!

TL;DR: I might have fucked myself over by not properly editing my paper. Editing is important!

This is why we have ZERO tolerance in the archive for it. It happens far, far too often. That being the case, there's been a definite uptick in that with academics as well.

But this is ALSO why we tell people to cite their sources here, and warn the stories if they do not. We don't consider the leaving out of a citation plagiarism, but a mistake that can be corrected.

Of course, you don't have the option of having your work hidden and then deleted at uni for non correction :(

Have you talked to your professor? If you set an appointment and bring in your same paper with the Works Cited page attached/notated (not sure which format you're using), it will alleviate your worry. This will show your professor that you're taking responsibility for a mistake and trying to make it right (instead of the he/she assuming plagiarism). I wish you luck on this issue!