Click Here!

Category Question

FlameWolf666

So I'm going to make a fanfic based sorta around the popular head canon of a music video. Where would I put said fanfic? There are sorta band members involved but they've been cartoonified and the story of the video is obviously fiction.

Also, what constitutes a read-the-book or fan-make? I've been sitting on a one shot because it involves a scene right from the movie. Most of the fic is original content up until that point but the original content picks up right after. Do I have to make changes to the scene to make it a bit different so its acceptable? Is it acceptable as is?

Read the book and fan make are stories where the content is, for the most part, copied from a book with the characters reading it, or scene by scene of a movie/cartoon/etc with name changes to fit the fandom, with the data for that generally obtained from scripts.

As you can see, with both of the above, that's not original work.

If it's a music video for a band, that'd go to celebs, and for the band whose video you're basing it on I think.

With the one shot, cite your source for the scene. As long as we can see that the bulk of it is original material, where it is not, this is where you use citations.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.