Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Joe,

I think that I have finally realized why i love reading this series. It has nothing to do with the sex,... it has a little to do with the plot,... but the main reason is that US as readers are with you through out the development of this series. So yea its been forever since Chap 19, but if we were reading our favorite book series from some famous author we would read the whole book in a day and have to wait a year or more to get the next taste of action. With this series we know what motivates you, we know what delays the series, we know that we are never going to stop reading this series.

So take all the time you want, Joe.

However I do agree that if Chap 20 ends in another cliffhanger after this long wait we riot, not really but there is no reason to tease a captive audience. ;)

Sincerely

Nicholle

Agreed, we take an angry mob through the internet.

Guest Nekyris

Been waiting so long. Totally worth it. Been reading since that other site that shall not be named. Lol. I even created a short cut on my phone to click on and go straight to your story. Loving it.

-just a fan

Guest Goonbasher

Hi Jashley13,

I really can't wait for the next chapter I've been regarding your series from the very start and was Hooked I can't believe how far you've got doing this it's simply amazing. Even if there wasn't sex in this it is still awesome reading about how Jack had struggled through the story and had managed to get through it. I've so eager to see the next chapters over and over again like with the ending of chapter 19 I haven't been itching like this since I went to my last car event.

Hope chapter 20 is out soon and congrats on your test sorry it's late but I love to show my support.

Okay, final post before I give you a specific date, but just wanted to let everyone know Chapter 20 will be done this week. That's a promise. Saturday at the ABSOLUTE latest. It's closing in on the end (it's a rather long one) but it's needed.

As for it ending in a cliffhanger...let's just say that, if it does, it will be nowhere near as big as Chapter 19 ;)

Guest Anonymous

Please do not take this too negatively, as I am merely trying to give you an opinion that I think you should hear. I am a fan of your work and I believe that I am only helping you by critiquing it.

Jashley, or Joe, as everyone seems to be calling you, I would like to say that I appreciated the note of realism in chapter 19. While I enjoy your writing, I can't help but notice that, for a story that aims to be somewhat realistic, "She's the One" occasionally seems absurd.

Let's count some of the "gains" and "losses" (for lack of better terms) so far in the story, excluding the coach's death in ch. 19

Losses:

Brad, as a friend, but jack admitted that he's always been closer to Joe than to Brad

Kayla stopped talking to Jack for a little while, but we all know everything's going to be peachy

Gains:

Previously douchey Craig does Hollywood movie 180, becomes jack's friend

Parents allow incestuous relationship to continue and Kayla is also fine with it for whatever reason.

Teenager is hired at gamestop, never has a single bad day at work (I expect him to be CEO soon)

Kayla isn't pregnant despite multiple occasions of unprotected sex both before she gets put on the pill and after (it doesn't work 100% of the time, you know)

I could go on, but for time's sake, I won't. On a related note, I also read the work of BashfulScribe, and although many say you have been the better writer so far, I have to disagree. Have you heard of a plot diagram? You know, exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution? Although both of your stories have these elements, your story has plateaued since Brad and Craig's antics have stopped, while Scribe's has peaks and valleys that are characteristic of good writing.

If I feel inspired, I might continue this tedious, if well thought-out, rant in additional posts that cover the painful dialogue (only at certain times and in certain situations: I will admit that you certainly do have your moments) and the two-dimensional, black-and-white, good-or-evil characters, but for now, I take my leave.

A reader

Guest A Cheap Lemon

Hm, well alrighty then.

Brad, while not being AS close with Jack as Joe was, was still his friend. And since Jack only had two good friends that he could talk to at the time of Brad's episode that wasn't related to him, I honestly don't blame him for being distraught at the fact that one of his friends that he's had all throughout his childhood suddenly hates him for who he is.

The thing with Kayla is kinda annoying, but it's realistic. What would you be thinking if your partner kissed/groped someone else? Yeah, Jack may say that he didn't know it was Tara, but does Kayla know that? And who's to say that Kayla doesn't forgive Jack so easily? I mean, it's possible, right? Kayla could decide to flat out hate him for a while, who knows?

As stated multiple times in the story, Craig didn't have any friends before the shit with Jack. Before, he didn't have a single reason to be nice to anyone. They all hated him, he hated everyone else, and him using girls was his way of making hinself feel better than everyone else. Now, he has actual friends, a girlfriend, and nobody really hates him. I'd say that's a good enough reason to be a nice guy.

As for Jack's parents, they still aren't all THAT happy about it, as you can imagine. Jack's Dad considered seperating his children even after saying that he was "alright" with it. Just because they say they're alright with it, doesn't mean they really are. And with Kayla? It's none of her business. It's got nothing to do with her, so...

Where was it stated that he hadn't had a single bad day of work? I'm sure he might have had one or two, but that's really trivial stuff. Not quite what a majority or readers really care about that much.

As for Kayla's pregnancy, who knows? Maybe she's already pregnant, maybe she just got lucky? Probably one of the small flaws I'll agree with.

And finally... Jashley13's stories and BashfulScribe's stories are arguably just as good as each other. Someone would prefer the plotline and theme in She Is The One, while another would prefer the writing style and execution of Being More Social. It's all a matter of opinion. (I'm 99% sure comparing the two stories is exactly what Bashful does NOT want to happen).

Of course, all of these points I've made can be easily argued against. But it's all an opinion, isn't it?

Guest Anonymous

Hm, well alrighty then.

Brad, while not being AS close with Jack as Joe was, was still his friend. And since Jack only had two good friends that he could talk to at the time of Brad's episode that wasn't related to him, I honestly don't blame him for being distraught at the fact that one of his friends that he's had all throughout his childhood suddenly hates him for who he is.

The thing with Kayla is kinda annoying, but it's realistic. What would you be thinking if your partner kissed/groped someone else? Yeah, Jack may say that he didn't know it was Tara, but does Kayla know that? And who's to say that Kayla doesn't forgive Jack so easily? I mean, it's possible, right? Kayla could decide to flat out hate him for a while, who knows?

As stated multiple times in the story, Craig didn't have any friends before the shit with Jack. Before, he didn't have a single reason to be nice to anyone. They all hated him, he hated everyone else, and him using girls was his way of making hinself feel better than everyone else. Now, he has actual friends, a girlfriend, and nobody really hates him. I'd say that's a good enough reason to be a nice guy.

As for Jack's parents, they still aren't all THAT happy about it, as you can imagine. Jack's Dad considered seperating his children even after saying that he was "alright" with it. Just because they say they're alright with it, doesn't mean they really are. And with Kayla? It's none of her business. It's got nothing to do with her, so...

Where was it stated that he hadn't had a single bad day of work? I'm sure he might have had one or two, but that's really trivial stuff. Not quite what a majority or readers really care about that much.

As for Kayla's pregnancy, who knows? Maybe she's already pregnant, maybe she just got lucky? Probably one of the small flaws I'll agree with.

And finally... Jashley13's stories and BashfulScribe's stories are arguably just as good as each other. Someone would prefer the plotline and theme in She Is The One, while another would prefer the writing style and execution of Being More Social. It's all a matter of opinion. (I'm 99% sure comparing the two stories is exactly what Bashful does NOT want to happen).

Of course, all of these points I've made can be easily argued against. But it's all an opinion, isn't it?

Guest Anonymous

Beautifully state, and for the bad work part its all about perception. You can be having the worst day of your life and put on a fake smile to make people assume that you are happy. Also some people just love working with people and it brings a smile to their face to help someone else ( jack's personality exactly). So by a bad day it matters how you put it, bad day for selling or being a dick to customers. But like with all story's it changes from each person to the other so read it how you read and enjoy because there too damn much negativity in this world.

Ps: i love this site all the people who comment on here always think before they comment and it make for a lot of friendly conversations.

-fan from day one

Guest daddy's  girl

Please stop this useless conversation

I don't care what you thing and what is right and what is wrong but I love this story a lot so we don't care what you think so let Joe write his way

With lots of love joe

Really? Cryptic? 3 days ago he said it would be out this week and yesterday he promised it would be out by Saturday. What do you want a fucking countdown clock? He couldn't have said it anymore plainly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.