Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Next chapter is finally up! So sorry about the wait, everyone! Work still manages to be hectic even when we return. But shall be working hard at the next chatper here soon and I hope you all enjoy this one!

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 154 is now up and ready for reading! Work has smoothed out and hopefully now I can churn work out mroe regularly. Hope you’re all doing well and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

3 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 154 is now up and ready for reading! Work has smoothed out and hopefully now I can churn work out mroe regularly. Hope you’re all doing well and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Nice to see Holly back and a shout out to Hickory Park. And a nice finish to a good chapter.

15 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 154 is now up and ready for reading! Work has smoothed out and hopefully now I can churn work out more regularly. Hope you’re all doing well and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Great to hear that! This chapter was a really good read :)

as someone who found the story on the old blue and yellow site when it was originally posted,i am the definition of a long time reader,  first time poster.   i have loved the story from the beginning.  some of the biggest clues to future events have been answered, the pipe bomb, car crash and both seem to be behind Jack.  the big one that still has not happened is the water torture.  i wonder if itis truly water torture, or if it is a metaphor, as in lots of small small punches that eventually add up to something more.  

in the end i think they end up together.  at the first break in chapter 9 Jack says "....Kayla was the one I would give my heart to for the rest of my life. Come what may, she is the girl I love. I can’t rationally explain it, I can’t give you a list of reasons why…I just know."   I cant think of an instance where something like that has. been foreshadowed and not come to happen.  

@Jashley13 is there a reason the "reality checks" stopped.  i will be honest, as i waited for 154 i read through the entire forum history on the story.  it seemed as the new job started up, those kinda died.  it also coincides with the forum really slowing down to a crawl.  im not saying it's the reason, just an observation

honestly i hope this story continues, it has been an amazing story even without the forum discussing its every chapter. i truly believe it will as Joe has said in the past!  

thanks again for a great story!

Edited by wetwilly17

Guest Cricket

I was going to do it. I knew I was going to do it. And much like Ted Mosby, I was taking my sweet-ass time about it. Hey, at least I’m up front about this being a life story. I haven’t met your mom yet.

Is this an indication that is a “How I meet your mother” story, and we have to wait and enjoy the journey.

Little crumbs dropped?

Keep up the good work, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.  

@wetwilly17I apologize for taking so long to respond to you! I just now checked the forum again and saw your comment about the old ‘Reality Checks’. I admit, I do miss them a bit. What I found, though, was that when Jack moved into college, so much of it was based off of real people and real things that I did that to do a Reality Check would require a post on here almost as long as the chapter! It would almost be easier to do an UnReality Check for the things that didn’t happen. For example, I didn’t break up with my girlfriend because of an accident, the accident I was in didn’t happen between my sophomore year and junior year, and I’ve switched around the order of plays that I auditioned for/was in. Perhaps I will bring them back again when Jack is out of college and I can perhaps get him into a situation where I am only tangentially living through him, rather than funneling so much of my life into it.

But thank you so much for mentioning them. It’s nice to know that they are not completely forgotten :)

haha no need to appologize!  sorry if i missed the connection to the start of college as well. from reading through tge forums it seemed like you had a TON of things going on personally, professionally and otherwise!  the fact that you continued the story through all of that is truly amazing and a show of your commitment to the story!  thanks again!

Hey everyone! So, just letting you all know that the next chapter might take just a little bit longer. Finally got the chance to go on vacation to see my family, so taking some time for that. Oh, also, I just got engaged! Wedding will still be a while off yet but been having a good few days so just wanted to keep you all informed on where the story is and that I’m working hard to keep it going so you're not waiting too long!

16 minutes ago, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone! So, just letting you all know that the next chapter might take just a little bit longer. Finally got the chance to go on vacation to see my family, so taking some time for that. Oh, also, I just got engaged! Wedding will still be a while off yet but been having a good few days so just wanted to keep you all informed on where the story is and that I’m working hard to keep it going so you're not waiting too long!

Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 155 is posted! So sorry about the wait, everyone, but lots of stuff has been happening and it’s all been good :) hope all is well with all of you and I will continue working as soon as I take a short breather!

Guest Cricket
On 7/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, Guest Cricket said:

I was going to do it. I knew I was going to do it. And much like Ted Mosby, I was taking my sweet-ass time about it. Hey, at least I’m up front about this being a life story. I haven’t met your mom yet.

Is this an indication that is a “How I meet your mother” story, and we have to wait and enjoy the journey.

Little crumbs dropped?

Keep up the good work, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.  

Congratulation on the engagement. Somebody new or have we meet her already:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Chapter 156 is up! Hope you all enjoy! Sorry about the wait but been working hard and making sure I have time to write as I can. Thank you all so much for the congratulations and I shall see you all again as soon as I can!

3 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone! Chapter 156 is up! Hope you all enjoy! Sorry about the wait but been working hard and making sure I have time to write as I can. Thank you all so much for the congratulations and I shall see you all again as soon as I can!

Thank you very much, you posted it at the perfect time! I really needed something like this.

Okay. . . Jack and Vanessa are charming enough together I don’t feel quite so bad about Jack and Kayla anymore.  I’m still hoping they’ll come back together at some point, but. . . well, we’ll see how it goes.

I’m not sure if Kayla is running an Operation: Jealousy on Jack or not, or if she even knows for sure.  It makes sense she’d talk to him about Kyle, but also that she’d be hesitant about it.  They are still friends, and that is the sort of thing friends share, but they’re also ex, so that makes things complicated.  Kayla’s seen how emotional Jack can get, she should legitimately be worried news of her love life will cause him to fly into a rage or fall into a depression, thinking or feeling or realizing the breakup was a mistake and he now wants her back.  That’s not where his head’s at, and we know that, but she’s not in his head like we are.  At the same time, there’s hints that she’s searching for a reaction from him when she brings it up that she’s not getting, and it bothers her that she’s not getting it.  That she wants him to think or feel or realize the breakup was a mistake and now wants her back, like she wants him to start fighting to get her back.  But again, that’s not where his head’s at.  And I don’t say that to paint Kayla as manipulative, to vilify her or say she’s evil.  Just that there might be a part of her – a small part she doesn’t really realize is there and doesn’t want to consciously acknowledge – that either wants to pettily prove she’s better at moving on than Jack is or make Jack want her again.  I don’t think that’s the only, or even primary, reason she started dating Kyle, but it may potentially be a small part of the reason.  It may not be.

Yow, what a cliffhanger, though.  “Boom. . . naked girl.”  Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Guest Cricket
On 8/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, ErikModi said:

Okay. . . Jack and Vanessa are charming enough together I don’t feel quite so bad about Jack and Kayla anymore.  I’m still hoping they’ll come back together at some point, but. . . well, we’ll see how it goes.

I’m not sure if Kayla is running an Operation: Jealousy on Jack or not, or if she even knows for sure.  It makes sense she’d talk to him about Kyle, but also that she’d be hesitant about it.  They are still friends, and that is the sort of thing friends share, but they’re also ex, so that makes things complicated.  Kayla’s seen how emotional Jack can get, she should legitimately be worried news of her love life will cause him to fly into a rage or fall into a depression, thinking or feeling or realizing the breakup was a mistake and he now wants her back.  That’s not where his head’s at, and we know that, but she’s not in his head like we are.  At the same time, there’s hints that she’s searching for a reaction from him when she brings it up that she’s not getting, and it bothers her that she’s not getting it.  That she wants him to think or feel or realize the breakup was a mistake and now wants her back, like she wants him to start fighting to get her back.  But again, that’s not where his head’s at.  And I don’t say that to paint Kayla as manipulative, to vilify her or say she’s evil.  Just that there might be a part of her – a small part she doesn’t really realize is there and doesn’t want to consciously acknowledge – that either wants to pettily prove she’s better at moving on than Jack is or make Jack want her again.  I don’t think that’s the only, or even primary, reason she started dating Kyle, but it may potentially be a small part of the reason.  It may not be.

Yow, what a cliffhanger, though.  “Boom. . . naked girl.”  Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Have you noticed that she keeps talking about having her own life, Jack included her but she never includes Jack with her friends. Jack has mention he knows little about her friends and has not asked, when he has she is vague and does not want him to meet them, I think she is afraid they may find him more interesting. Who doesn’t like JACK?

I like your idea that Kayla may like him back, its to late now, Jack is a one girl man and faithful.

Also Kayla now rarely starts communication usually, only responding.

Move on JACK

16 hours ago, Guest Cricket said:

Have you noticed that she keeps talking about having her own life, Jack included her but she never includes Jack with her friends. Jack has mention he knows little about her friends and has not asked, when he has she is vague and does not want him to meet them, I think she is afraid they may find him more interesting. Who doesn’t like JACK?

I like your idea that Kayla may like him back, its to late now, Jack is a one girl man and faithful.

Also Kayla now rarely starts communication usually, only responding.

Move on JACK

I don’t think it’s really as bad as all that.  Sure, she doesn’t make a point of inviting Jack around to meet her friends, but it’s more out of legitimate concern that he’ll have nothing in common with them (them being all people she knows through her vet classes) than any kind of fear that he’ll steal them from her.  She just wants more “me things” in her life, which is perfectly understandable.  Even before they broke up, she had given Jack permission to to go and do things and have fun without her, and only requested the same from him.  That’s not bad, that’s mature.

Could Kayla have put more effort into the relationship?  Maybe.  But she also has to spend a lot of time, energy, and focus on her schoolwork, because that’s important to her too, and Jack did (and does) his best to respect that.  Asking her to take time off from studying and projects to spend on him would be as bad as her asking him to skip an audition or rehersal to focus on her.  That’s not fair, that’s not healthy.

It’s why I wasn’t surprised when Jack and Kayla did break up, much as it pained me to read it.  They’d been heading this way for awhile now, they just didn’t have the time, energy, or I think maturity to spend on each other and genuinely repair things.  Them both jumping into new relationships is a bit suspect. . . they don’t have time for each other, but they do have time for new people?  But new relationships are just fundamentally different from established ones, the cracks are deeper and take more effort to fix.

Guest Brirish Pedant

Loving the whole serires, but I hope Jack won’t mind my pointing out that his remark about GIlbert & Sullivan operas being monitored by the owners of the copyright (D’Oyly Carte) ceased with the expiry of the copyrights 60 years ago. The release of the film ‘The Cool Mikado’ followed, not coincidentally, two years later.

From The Guardian in October 2019:

“The company maintained strict control over all professional and amateur productions of the Gilbert and Sullivan operas until the copyright expired in 1961.”

This article from the Washington Post gives fuller details: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/style/1984/03/18/from-pirates-to-piracy-with-the-copyrights-expired-its-open-season-on-gilbert-38/2ec0d1ac-45c4-47f1-bf76-3d0d1840e6f6/

I’ll go back to my archive now!

Chapter 156 is up! Sorry about the wait everyone! Big week this week – moving and getting married – but I hope the wait is worth it and I shall continue working as soon as everything has settled down!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.