Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

7 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone! So sorry it took me a while to post again but I am hard at work on the next chapter. It should be out by or on Christmas :) Hope you are all having a happy holidays and staying safe wherever you are! Thank you all so much for all your support.

A small prediction: Since it is obvious that Jack has a long recovery ahead of him, and will probably be in the hospital for a while, Jack is going to bug Tara to go get him some ranch dressing to put on the crappy hospital food.

Joe, I hope you bring back the ranch. I don’t go for it, but my wife and youngest son go for it like crazy.

Chapter 147 is finally up! I apologize for the wait on this one. A combination of work, easing back into the writing, and the emotional toll of the chapter itself were contributing factors but I really hope that it was worth the wait. It’s interesting to get back into it after so much time away but I’m glad to be back into it and hopefully will be giving you more soon! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, a happy holidays, and stay safe and happy wherever you may be. Thank you all again for being the best fans ever and for believing in me and giving me the encouragement to continue. I love you all :)

On 12/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 147 is finally up! I apologize for the wait on this one. A combination of work, easing back into the writing, and the emotional toll of the chapter itself were contributing factors but I really hope that it was worth the wait. It’s interesting to get back into it after so much time away but I’m glad to be back into it and hopefully will be giving you more soon! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, a happy holidays, and stay safe and happy wherever you may be. Thank you all again for being the best fans ever and for believing in me and giving me the encouragement to continue. I love you all :)

Thank you for continuing the story. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year.

Hey everyone! So, I know I usually publish a list of my ten best and worst films of the year...but I shall not be doing so this year. Mostly because I have not had the chance to go out and see a lot of films. At least, not enough to the point where I feel I can get a good view of the year in terms of film. If you really want to know, the best film I saw this year was Nomadland and the worst film I saw was Trump Card. That’s as much as I can give for this year.

However!

Because I don’t want to leave it at that and because I’ve been working on it for a while, I’ve decided to do something else: The Top Twenty Best and Worst Films of the 2010s. This list was a long time in the making and I was still adjusting it up to the 11th hour. I ‘m sure there will be things I change my mind about down the road but this is as concrete as I can make it. My basic rules for the lists were I would only put one film per director, one film per genre (animated, superhero film from a particular studio, etc) and I also avoided easy films like Birdemic for the Worst Of list. It’s always so much worse when someone has all the resources to make something worthwhile...and then doesn’t.

Top Twenty Best Films of the 2010s

20. Roma

19. Moonlight

18. Wonder Woman

17. Black Panther

16. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

15. They Shall Not Grow Old

14. Inside Out

13. Django Unchained

12. Get Out

11. Parasite

10. A Ghost Story

9. Cloud Atlas

8. Zero Dark Thirty

7. 12 Years A Slave

6. Mad Max Fury Road

5. The Social Network

4. Hugo

3. Inception

2. Boyhood

1. The Tree of Life

Top Twenty Worst Films of the 2010s

20. Collateral Beauty

19. Mordecai

18. Pixels

17. The Devil Inside

16. Winter’s Tale

15. The Haunting of Sharon Tate

14. Battle Los Angeles

13. New Year’s Eve

12. United Passions

11. The Amazing Spiderman 2

10. The Emoji Movie

9. Cats

8. Branded

7. Jack and Jill

6. Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas

5. Death of a Nation

4. Movie 43

3. The Last Airbender

2. Transformers: The Last Knight

1. The Life Zone

Hey everyone.

Less than happy news, unfortunately. That time of work has come up again, meaning that I will once again be away for a while. I can’t give dates or exact times, but this will most likely be the longest I’ve been gone yet. I apologize that it comes so soon after my sabbatical and I wish that work would have been a little more flexible so I would have had that time to write more so you wouldn’t be left with one new chapter before I left, so I apologize once again. I will be working while I am gone and hopefully should have something worthwhile to show for it when I’m finally back.

I want to thank you all once again for being such amazing fans and readers. All of you are amazing, whether you love the story or find plenty to critique about it. I always want to hear what you have to say, positive or negative. I’ll end up writing these next few chapters without feedback so hopefully they will be up to your standards. Unfortunately, can’t really affect the timeline of when I will be back, so I will post the second I can get back to my computer

I hope you all stay safe and happy and that this new year brings you joy and happiness aplenty. Take care of yourselves and I will be back soon!

Love,

Joe

8 minutes ago, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone.

Less than happy news, unfortunately. That time of work has come up again, meaning that I will once again be away for a while. I can’t give dates or exact times, but this will most likely be the longest I’ve been gone yet. I apologize that it comes so soon after my sabbatical and I wish that work would have been a little more flexible so I would have had that time to write more so you wouldn’t be left with one new chapter before I left, so I apologize once again. I will be working while I am gone and hopefully should have something worthwhile to show for it when I’m finally back.

I want to thank you all once again for being such amazing fans and readers. All of you are amazing, whether you love the story or find plenty to critique about it. I always want to hear what you have to say, positive or negative. I’ll end up writing these next few chapters without feedback so hopefully they will be up to your standards. Unfortunately, can’t really affect the timeline of when I will be back, so I will post the second I can get back to my computer

I hope you all stay safe and happy and that this new year brings you joy and happiness aplenty. Take care of yourselves and I will be back soon!

Love,

Joe

Hey Joe, stay safe in all your travels. We can wait.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I am so so so sorry about the long wait! Believe me, I was waiting on pins and needles to get back for many, many reasons, not the least of which was the fact that I left you all somewhat hanging! Which, I suppose, happens with a story like this, but I never like that fact. However! I have returned and am safe and healthy and, not the least, I have something that hopefully  makes up for it: five new chapters! Would have liked to have more but work and everything. I shall be returning to writing soon once I’ve gotten myself settled back on land, but hope you enjoy the other chapters in the meantime! I’ve missed you all!

Guest Woot

Can't believe they broke up.  Oh man I was tearing up. I got super upset for a second but I think it will work out. Can't imagine jack ending up with anyone but Kayla though. Kinda sad fast fast Kayla jumped into a new relationship like ending a 5 year one was no big deal 

Guest Cricket
On 5/25/2021 at 12:51 AM, mfan2112 said:

Great to see you back and for the new chapters. Wow. So many ways you can take this now. Looking forward to more chapters.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:06 PM, Sage of Discord said:

Damn, didn’t see that coming.  Nor did I see “the break-up” coming.  Well done, J.

So does this mean Jack’s future romances’ will have;

Rod Stewart “The first cut is the deepest” or

Meatloaf “2 out of 3 ain’t bad”, playing in the background.

Keep up the great work

Damn.  I have got to stop checking this forum when I’m not caught up on the story.

A while back I read mention of the car crash, so I raced to get caught up, petrified it was going to be Rhona, Tara when she went for a run and didn’t come back for awhile, or even Kayla.

Then I checked back yesterday, and saw mention of a break up.  So it was with great trepidation that I finished Chapter 150.

Shit.

But. . . can’t say I didn’t see this coming.  Jack and Kayla haven’t been healthy for awhile now.  It’s actually been rather painful seeing how little they’ve been enjoying each other’s company sophomore year of college.  Props to them for recognizing it isn’t working out anymore, and they can’t keep just trying to fix it.  And there’s been subtle hints all along that, by the time Jack is writing to us, Kayla isn’t in the picture anymore.  Like, a time he said that if he had a picture of her, and her permission, he’d include it for us, indicating Kayla isn’t easily accessible to ask for permission.  And a few other things, nothing I can really quote off the top of my head, just subtle phrases when “Modern!Jack” is talking to us where it seems like he should be mentioning Kayla being around too, but doesn’t.  Maybe he’s just not doing it to preserve suspense, but I’ve long had a sneaking feeling that, by the time Jack is writing all this down to share with us, Kayla is of the past.  I’ve been bedding that feeling down with the title.  If “She Is The One” is true, then that’s Kayla, and if she’s not The One, then this is one hell of prolonged prologue.  If “She Is The One” is not true. . . I really don't want to think about that.

I hope that’s not the case.  I hope that by the end of the semester Kayla has realized there’s a big Jack-shaped hole in her life, and Jack has realized there’s a big Kayla-shaped hole in his, and they come back to their relationship with new maturity and perspective to rebuild it better than it was before.

But I’m not holding my breath.

But fuck, the romantic in me is taking this hard.  It almost feels like I was the one who got dumped.  I love this story because the romantic side of me, the side that needs to believe in True Love, gets deep satisfaction from Jack and Kayla being each others’ The One.  I’m really hoping that isn’t completely over, or if it is, True Love is still out there for both of them and we’ll get to see it.

But, yeah, it’s been hard.  Chapter 150 definitely earned its Wham Episode status.

Anyone else getting the feeling that we’re kind of hurtling towards an ending?  Like Chapter 200 might be the conclusion of Jack’s story?

Guest DavidS
7 hours ago, ErikModi said:

Anyone else getting the feeling that we’re kind of hurtling towards an ending?  Like Chapter 200 might be the conclusion of Jack’s story? 

Love your definition of ‘hurtling’ – with a mere 48 chapters to go!

I can wait if need be.

Well, with the overall length.  It just feels like things are picking up speed.  Maybe that’s just Jack glossing over an entire summer in a handful of chapters.  Which is understandable, reading about his physical and mental therapy sessions and repeated conversations wouldn’t necessarily be interesting.

It’s just an impression.  Like things are suddenly moving towards a point, or a goal.  Or a conclusion.

Guest Eddy

I have been following this story for years now. I reaalllly love it. I am always refreshing the page in my browser every single day to check if there is a new chapter out lol. The break up surprised me but like some other people have commented here, I kinda saw it coming. 

Am I weird for shipping Jack and Rhona? Sorry Jayla fans lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.