Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

11 hours ago, Joe Long said:

But damn you for the teaser! Are we going to wait another fifty chapters to find out who?

Probably not.  This next Saga begins the last semester for the group at Brow Ridge so events will no doubt happen fast and furious.

Now, Mr. Long…  your previous post dredged up some unpleasant memories from my own high school years.  I dug out my yearbook and right near the middle was a page titled ‘In Loving Memory.’  Four classmates didn’t survive to walk across the stage on Graduation Day.  I really didn’t know any of them and only recalled one of the tragedies with any clarity.  The guy died instantly (according to the police) after slamming head-on into a telephone pole.  I never knew the details of the crashes that killed the other three but for damn sure they were all DUI.

Another one that I most definitely did know…  a pretty girl who lived down the street, the youngest of three sisters.  I was a senior when she was a 9th grade freshman.  What a sweetie!  No, there was nothing between us and I think she liked me because I would always give her a lift to wherever she wanted to go.  A couple years go by and now she’s a junior.  One morning my Mom tells me that dear, sweet Elena from down the street had been in a terrible accident last night.  Four girls in the car and all of them drunk.  At the hospital it is determined that Elena has suffered a severe spinal injury and is now— at age 17— a quadriplegic.  I swear I cried for a week, just as I’m crying now bringing all this back.  Elena’s family moved away shortly after that.  To once again quote Billy Joel— “The good old days weren’t always good.”

A good ending to the Saga.  Don’t blow it again, Jack— the learning curve gets very steep from now on.

As I said, I think it’ll be Grant who buys the farm.  You read it here first.  :huh:

Guest Brierthorn
On 8/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, Chester57 said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say it will be Grant, if only that it would make great drama considering the friction between Amanda and Jack.

While Grant is a plausible option,imo (from a wannabe author's veiwpoint) I think it could also be Belle. She's kind of become a bigger topic recently, without any real reasoning behind it, so I think something big could be coming with her. And it would then affect Joe, since from that last chapter we can see he still cares for her. It would also affect Jack's white knight problem cause he'll probably feel like it's his fault in some way.

I somehow don’t believe that it will be anyone in the core group.  The Saga that just ended was about ‘rebuilding’ the group.  Jack has made progress with everyone except Amanda.  If Grant dies in a crash then she will be distraught to the point of withdrawal, just like she was when Sam cheated on her.  Guess who will be the focal point of Amanda’ anger and despair?

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur
On 8/19/2017 at 5:56 PM, Chester57 said:

I somehow don’t believe that it will be anyone in the core group.  The Saga that just ended was about ‘rebuilding’ the group.  Jack has made progress with everyone except Amanda.  If Grant dies in a crash then she will be distraught to the point of withdrawal, just like she was when Sam cheated on her.  Guess who will be the focal point of Amanda’ anger and despair?

I want to say just Jack, but am betting Alan will be a part of it considering how “things”, for lack of better word, have been going with the twins since Amanda tried to do to Alan what he did to her in chapter 28 (when Alan went into her room naked. I’m guessing Amanda tried something similar but approached it like she did Jack in the beginning chapters of the story-with the handcuffs. Just a theory.). 

Now, a possible idea I have for someone who could die in a crash could be Ms. (is it Ms?) Cartwright. Why? Don’t know, it just popped into my head and could have some impact on Jack, considering the last encounter he had with her, as of now, was her talking to him briefly about relationship issues, again for lack of better word. 

6 hours ago, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Now, a possible idea I have for someone who could die in a crash could be Ms. (is it Ms?) Cartwright. Why? Don’t know, it just popped into my head and could have some impact on Jack, considering the last encounter he had with her, as of now, was her talking to him briefly about relationship issues, again for lack of better word. 

If Beth gets killed I will be very pissed off since she’s my favorite  You feel me, Jashley?pissed.gif 

But seriously, I agree that Ms. Cartwright’s death would affect Jack deeply.  It would be just as bad— if not worse— than Coach Walburn’s suicide.  Jack would mourn for the loss of a friend, but it really doesn’t affect anyone else in the story.  Now, Grant dying would send Amanda over the edge and that strikes to the heart of Jack’s family.  So, maximum damage results.

Hey everyone! So sorry about being almost completely silent, especially since I just finished a Saga, but I’ve got some free time between classes and writing to let you know that the next chapter will be up in the next day or two. Say hello to the Transition Saga!

Hope you’re all well and look for the next chapter soon :)

7 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Say hello to the Transition Saga! :)

Interesting title.  Does it perhaps indicate that certain relationships are going to be changing?  I have two possibilities in mind but I’ll wait to read the new chapter.

Chapter 78 is up! Also, just realized that a milestone passed me by without me noticing: 500000 reads! That’s unbelievable! And to think at one point, I was worried about whether or not anyone would even want to READ what I wrote…

Thank you all so much for your support, dedication, and just...Gah, I don’t even have the words! You’re the best readers and fans and author could hope for and I hope I keep earning your support through the coming chapters. Hope you enjoy 78! :)

Okay, pretty good start to the new Saga but I’m a little put out that Belle and Ms. Cartwright appear to be on their way out of the story.  I really like those two so hopefully this isn’t the end of line for them. 

Does anyone really think that Craig will propose to Becca?  It keeps coming up but I’m convinced it’s just a high school thing.  Craig will be in college God-knows-where for a year before Becca graduates.  Promise ring or not, there’s too much against it.  Big break-up coming there.

This father-son talk that Jack will have with his dad is starting to get me puzzled.  At first I thought it might be something earth-shattering like, “Jack, your Aunt Blanche is your real mother and Tara is your half-sister” or something along that line.  But when Jack mentioned that Mike seemed to enjoy making him wait for it, I wonder how serious it can be?

Amanda wants to work in politics?  That I believe!

...And that was the best sex scene of the story. :)

1 hour ago, thismy said:

I'm on chapter 70 right now, and I have to say. Jack fucking sucks. It's been a long time, I need to sort out my thoughts some. But damn. Everything he does pisses me off. He's too flawed. 

Don’t want to spoil it for you, but I’ll just say that it gets worse before it gets better. 

20 hours ago, Chester57 said:

Know what I just realized?  While it was good, Chapter 78 was a little too quiet— like the calm before the storm.  Something is gonna blow up soon.

79 was very quiet as well. Hmm. What is Jashley hiding?

79 was good, Jack and Rhona scene took up most of the beef. Calm and just what Jack and Kayla deserve, but will it last? I'm still over here waiting for Kayla to mess up. Yeah she's had her overreactions, and there was Jeff, but what else? Will Kayla slip up, make a mistake? Will it for once be on Jack to forgive? 

College is coming and we've still got so many known things to happen. Water torture, the bomb, possibly a car crash. I'm looking forward to seeing team Kack's next great challenge.

Edited by thismy
Jack to kack

10 hours ago, thismy said:

79 was very quiet as well. Hmm. What is Jashley hiding?

Yeah, he’s stringing us along for a reason.  Does the next crisis happen during the last month of school or over the summer? 

Your suggestion that Kayla be the one to mess up and hurt Jack is pretty good.  It would be interesting to see how she reacts when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Any ideas about Jessica’s mom?  Mrs. Wilson’s adversarial relationship with her ‘spoiled’ daughter is something we need to know more about.

Been busy, got a little behind. Read 78 tonight.

Yes, a nice sex scene! Overall a different feel for the beginning of a new saga. What’s the name?

Found only two typos:

more lines that the previous year
She’d could have asked me

SAT’s senior year? I thought they were done at the end of the junior year.

And with Kayla turning 19 while still in high school. For me, it was a few weeks before starting my second year of college, and I was in the middle of my high school class age wise. They’ve changed the cutoff dates here since then, and currently the schedule is that seniors are 17 on Sept 1, so their 18th birthday can be anywhere from Sept 2 to Aug 31, a couple months after graduation.

Also, Jack’s made a point about getting to college so he can get away, and that’s been repeated here with the comments about the non-residential community college. I was one who lived at home the entire five years I attended college, as did about half our student body. I was the opposite of Jack in this regard, and have recently added a new opening scene to my story where I offer my take on the subject. My character is scared to death of being on his own, with nothing familiar around him.

3 hours ago, Joe Long said:

Overall a different feel for the beginning of a new saga. What’s the name?

The Transition Saga.  I have a feeling that something will happen with Kayla.

7 hours ago, Chester57 said:

The Transition Saga.  I have a feeling that something will happen with Kayla.

That's what I want! Kayla has been on the same side in a lot of these issues. I'm hoping either it's something happening to Kayla that Jack and Kayla as a team, with our newly improved not fixing things as much Jack, work through. Or we get Kayla making a mistake. She's not perfect, and the biggest one I can remember is not telling Jack about Jeff. She's overreacted a couple times, but otherwise she hasn't made a big slip up. It's her turn, at least I think. 

Otherwise I really want a situation where it effects both Jack and Kayla and they're on the same page as to what to do, or maybe Jack has to reign in Kayla a little. 

Edited by thismy
Words

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.