Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

“And I had to take care of it accordingly.”    Famous last words?  We’ll see.  I’m also thinking that there might be an alternate reason for Nick to have been next door.  The thing is— he and Jack eat lunch together.  You would think that if Kayla and Nick shared a class that it would have been mentioned by now.  Also, it’s been two years since he tried to move in on Kayla.  Nick wanted to help Jack with the situation involving Brad so possibly he went to see Kayla to find out if there was some other way to help Jack.  Besides, I can’t see Kayla having another guy over for sex unless she was officially broken up with Jack.

Now I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving!  

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur
8 minutes ago, Chester57 said:

“And I had to take care of it accordingly.”    Famous last words?  We’ll see.  I’m also thinking that there might be an alternate reason for Nick to have been next door.  The thing is— he and Jack eat lunch together.  You would think that if Kayla and Nick shared a class that it would have been mentioned by now.  Also, it’s been two years since he tried to move in on Kayla.  Nick wanted to help Jack with the situation involving Brad so possibly he went to see Kayla to find out if there was some other way to help Jack.  Besides, I can’t see Kayla having another guy over for sex unless she was officially broken up with Jack.

Now I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving!  

Good points. I also figured that, if Kayla was officially broken up with Jack, she would have let Jack know by now. At least, that’s what I got from Kayla’s characterization. Now, I’m looking with bated breath towards how Jack will make things worse with Kayla and Nick, especially as he has precious little ground with Kayla to lose and could end up losing what little ground he has gained with Nick. As for Thanksgiving, I’m wondering whether Mr. Hannigan will “take Jack to task” in private, for a few minutes (ie give a very, very stern talking to) for how Jack’s been hurting Kayla with his thoughtlessness. 

Guest Venom Wolf

I honestly think Kayla did have sex with Nick, but it was only to see if it was different (as in if it had the spark that was between Kayla and Jack). Secondly, I am kind of interested in how this story would play out if Kayla did break up with Jack. I Don't believe Jack would be able to move on from her.

Guest Cra$h73

I don't think that Kayla had sex with Nick. I just don't think she is that kind of person. I mean she is supposed to be the more mature one in her and Jacks relationship, so having sex with Nick as a way to get back at Jack or even drive him away would be out of character for her. Plus if that really did happen I think Jack would handle it worse than of they broke up and that really would be the end of their relationship. But the biggest reason why I don't think anything happened is because if it did then that makes Jack a sympathetic figure(which I don't think Jashley is going for) and not someone who needs to atone for his mistakes.

Faith.

Jack isn’t patient. He wants the answer now. He doesn’t trust others to be able to do things on their own, in the future, so he insists on organizing and fixing their lives, treating them like children – and he’s their dad.

He needs to be able to ask a question, get the answer and then just walk away without debating or psycho-analyzing the other person. Treat them with respect, as an equal, with their own agency.

PS – Carnegie Mellon is a major theater school, right in the heart of Pittsburgh (literally across the street from Pitt, and a mile from Duquesne. A couple could live together and take the bus to different schools.)

Some how I stopped reading about three paragraphs short of the end, thinking I had reached the end. I started in on the comments and was like, “What the fuck? When did Nick go to Kayla’s house?”

Now that I’m properly caught up – just when Jack got a moment of peace with his mom, a step forward – he saw Nick and now his blood is boiling with all kinds of bad ideas. As soon as he rushes in to act he will be demonstrating that he doesn’t trust Kayla, he doesn’t have faith in her. He saw Nick and assumed the worst of Kayla. Three steps backwards – perhaps off a cliff.

Being a more mature impartial observer who was a Nick as a teen – Kayla would know it would be a huge mistake to do anything romantic or sexual with Nick. He’s been pining for her for two years. Any amount of success and she will never be able to get rid of the guy.

PS – Well, you made me do it and this time I was successful. Once upon a time, back around 9th or 10th grade, there was a lovely young girl named Jayne in my grade who also had moved into my neighborhood (3 blocks away, but same block as a couple friends of mine.) Looked great, smart, nice...and for as long as I knew her had a boyfriend. I think the same one. Forever. I was dreadfully shy but she was one I could talk to. Once summer she worked as the playground supervisor at the elementary school between our houses. Of course I hung out and did sweet things like remember her birthday. She knew I liked her, but she was taken and faithful. I was patient. For years. Then we graduated and I never saw her again. She’s never come to a reunion that I’ve been to (Our 40th is coming up in September.) So tonight this chapter made me think of her so I went to Google once more. When i tried yet again with her maiden name and also our town name, her father’s obit popped up. At least I thought it was. How many girls were there in our town with their name spelled ‘Jayne’ and with her maiden name? Back to Google with the married name and residence as of 8 years ago. Facebook - with two friends in common. She’ll be 58 in 3 days. She’s added some weight. She still looks good. I sent a friend request.

Now just think if Kayla actually let Nick stick his dick in her. She would never, ever, be rid of him. And I was a nice, sweet guy – even if a little obsessive.

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Venom Wolf

Joe, you really put things in perspective. Thank you. Now I can just see Jack screwing things up but I want to have faith that he can change. 

50 minutes ago, Guest Venom Wolf said:

Joe, you really put things in perspective. Thank you. Now I can just see Jack screwing things up but I want to have faith that he can change. 

It’ll take whatever happens after Jack ends up basically accusing Kayla of cheating on him, if he actually listens to the voice that nearly got him to fight Brad, for him to finally realize his issues and begin to change (by issues, I mean how Amanda and Rhona have said things like “You just can’t stop!”, and “Admit you put yourself first”. The last quote is a sort of paraphrase from what Rhona’s said to Jack off and on during the saga. Also, I’m sure others have said similar things to Jack about his issues, for lack of better word.). Speaking of which, here’s a review of the story which (just to note, is not mine) does talk a bit about Jack’s problems, but at a different angle from Jack’s lacking trust in Kayla and others (though, frankly, Kayla could fire back that she has less reason to trust him than he her considering the Voyeur saga and Demons saga):

The review:

Jack also doesnt really see what he did?? Keeping secrets from Kayla, and then not even checking on her when she was sick. Add to that, that she had almost straight out told him not to fight Brad ( she may have asked him as well) and he cant see a problem with that? 

17 hours ago, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Jack also doesnt really see what he did?? Keeping secrets from Kayla, and then not even checking on her when she was sick. Add to that, that she had almost straight out told him not to fight Brad ( she may have asked him as well) and he cant see a problem with that? 

The brain may say one thing while the heart says another. Elemental urges can overwhelm any rational thought. In the end, Jack thought he was good because he overcame those urges and arrived at the correct outcome. That’s a guy thing. Kayla’s a girl, who’s much more concerned that he got there in the wrong way.

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Random Dude

So Nobody has Faith on either Nick or Kayla?

Didn’t Jack ask Nick to help him(I may be wrong!)

IMO Nick ought to have convince Kayla that Jack was becoming better and must have got a Positive response and hence his happiness , considering that(IMO) Nick wants to be a friend of Jack.

or did I miss anything?

7 hours ago, Guest Random Dude said:

So Nobody has Faith on either Nick or Kayla?

Didn’t Jack ask Nick to help him(I may be wrong!)

IMO Nick ought to have convince Kayla that Jack was becoming better and must have got a Positive response and hence his happiness , considering that(IMO) Nick wants to be a friend of Jack.

or did I miss anything?

For the first question, I think most of us have faith in Nick and Kayla. Well, much more than Jack at this point. 

For question two, I don’t think he did (?) as they’re still acquaintances (rather distant as the only interactions they’ve had recently are at the lunch table). Could be wrong.

For the third sentence, that theory makes a lot more sense than (again, could be wrong and would be shocked cause Kayla has not been characterized up to this point to be that kind of person) Kayla cheating on Jack with Nick (once more, she’d tell Jack if they were done. And I’m betting that it’d take her time before she moved on). 

If that theory (sentence three) proves to be true, the reaction from Nick and Kayla to Jack’s conclusion as to why Nick was leaving Kayla’s house would be,well, for lack of a better word, stunning. Kayla would, if she didn’t break up with him, pull further away from him and become more frosty towards him, thus negating what little “progress” there has been in repairing the relationship (the only progress has been Jack wisely giving Kayla space and not being, well, Jack), if not going several steps backwards beyond (even more silence from her, her father noticing her hurt and deciding to warn Jack to stay away from Kayla until she wants him back, being some of the reactions I’m envisioning). As for Nick, well, what little camaraderie they had would probably be gone, with Nick also being rather cross with Jack. 

Now, as for if Jack actually decides to “do something” about seeing Nick leave from Kayla’s house, I’d say he should, if he couldn’t stop himself (who am I kidding? It’s Jack), actually confront Kayla about it. Not go after Nick like he did Ted, but confront Kayla. Yes, she’d be hurt and pissed at his having the gall to not trust her (when, frankly, she has more reasons to be wary of trusting him-voyeur and demons sagas being the reasons), but I think (could be wrong) she’d not be as angry and hurt than if he were to go after Nick about it. 

One final point before this screed is done. I’m guessing what happens in this chapter (mainly the whole “confront Nick and/or Kayla about the thought Jack had of her cheating on him” (yes, the “she’s cheating on me” is implied, but Kayla would figure it out in, like most of us, around two seconds)) is what’ll finally get Jack to fully realize what Rhona said (and what others have mentioned, in different ways) about him putting himself first is true and from there, he can actually make some progress on fixing the damage he did with him in Kayla. Though, frankly, he’ll end up having to make up a lot more ground if he actually does do anything about the whole “Is Kayla cheating on me with Nick” thoughts in his head. 

Slight spoilers-ish

So, everything with Jack, Nick, and Kayla went much better than I thought. Jack also finally began to realize his issue(s). Aside from that, now we kind of have an idea why Alan’s been a dick to Amanda lately. I’m guessing Amanda’s efforts involved something that began with h and ended with -andcuffs. Handcuffs I’m guessing come from some supposed to be secret sex toy box Jack’s parents have. 

Overall, good chapter. 

“She tried to get me to break up with Kelly!”

Now this is interesting.  I’d like to know exactly HOW Amanda attempted that.  By seducing Alan?  Or Kelly? Or both?        Poor Grant— I think his days are numbered. 

Better late than never, Jack.  Good chapter.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Handcuffs I’m guessing come from some supposed to be secret sex toy box Jack’s parents have. 

I forgot all about that!  You think that Hannah and Mike are… what?  Role players?  Swingers? 

On 7/1/2017 at 8:50 PM, Chester57 said:

I forgot all about that!  You think that Hannah and Mike are… what?  Role players?  Swingers? 

I’d say role players first, swingers second, if I had to guess what was more likely. Could be wrong.

Next chapter will be up tomorrow!

I’m aware I'm becoming something of a hermit when it comes to updating and I apologize for that. But I assure you I am well and working hard. Difficult module in my classes right now but I’m making it all work.

Looking forward to Chapter 75.

Not to take anything away from Jack and Kayla, but Hannah Harrison deserves some special admiration.  She is no doubt heartsick over what is happening with her children but still puts on a happy face for the big Thanksgiving feast.  (Moms are great, aren’t they?)

And I thought THIS was great—

You can make a decision too,” he pointed out, “I haven’t been in a relationship or anything but my dad left my mom when it was going bad.”

“How bad?”

“She tried stabbing him with a kitchen knife,” he replied sullenly, twisting his mouth, “That kind of bad.”

“Jesus Christ…”

Why, you ask?  Five years ago I sat on a jury where a woman was on trial for killing her husband in this manner.  We found her guilty of felonious assault, manslaughter and murder.  She got fifteen-to-life. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.