Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Aside from what is the main focus of the next saga, the only subplot I see being a part of it is Brad. Or, to be more specific, Brad’s vengeance. Jack being Jack, he ended up waking a rather sleepy bear who may have just eventually left him alone. But, now that Jack woke him, he’s going to go for his vengeance full blast. Or, he may quiet down for a while, make everyone think he’s not going to interfere with their lives anymore, then just out of nowhere, bam! Brad strikes. Question is, who will Brad go after first? Jessica and Ted? Kayla? Amanda? Jack? 

Ah, yes— The Revenge of Brad.  He will be wary of taking any action that will put him back in prison.  Something is going to have to drive him over the edge first.  When it does, I believe Brad will go after one of the girls.  He is still fixated on Amanda, so she’ll be the likely target.

21 hours ago, Joe Long said:

Over the past summer everyone around Jack was facing some kind of rejection. Now everyone’s rejected Jack. Well, just about. Who’s left? His parents, Joe – and Beth Miss Cartwright. 

I’m hoping that Beth will help Jack out— and not with naked pics of herself!  Nick would help as well.  He wanted to go with Jack when he met Brad.

On 5/18/2017 at 5:47 PM, Chester57 said:

I’m hoping that Beth will help Jack out— and not with naked pics of herself!  Nick would help as well.  He wanted to go with Jack when he met Brad.

Jack’s in line for a hard crash landing. There’s no way he isn’t going to go through some massive suffering. Most important is to get Kayla back. Give her time, give her space, and don’t be a dick (I’ve been married nearly 33 years, I’ve gone though these spells)

Meantime, Jack could end up assembling a new crew of friends that help him get through it. Nick may well be an unexpected friend (unless he has aims to swoop in on Kayla)

Chapter 71 is up! Sorry about a lack of notice with this one but I’ve just been working like mad to get this out and try to relax in the meantime. But it’s up, hope you enjoy it, and I'm taking the rest of the night off before starting the next chapter :)

Really good chapter. Jack’s confused and angry but not depressed. I’d have been in my room, crying my eyes out, perhaps after taking a baseball bat to the tree in the backyard.

Through dating my now wife and then the first few years of marriage, she didn't say why she was angry and it was frustrating for me because I didn't know how to fix it. She thought any intelligent person would have figured it out. After awhile I did convince her to explain her anger, and then sometimes I wish I hadn't – but i did allow me to proceed while knowing what I was dealing with.

I’ve been married enough years now that I know exactly why Kayla was angry. I’ve been there myself many times. If Kayla is anything like my wife (they are both women) this is what I imagine she'd say

"If it was a good enough idea that you ended up doing it, why didn't you do it when I asked you? Why did it take Joe and Jessica to convince you? Wasn't my opinion good enough? Don't you trust me? Or respect me? Were you even listening when I was telling you the same damn exact thing? Or am I just here so you can get some sex?"

It’s not what Jack did in the end (which is what he's focusing on), but for Kayla it’s how he got to that decision. He cut her out of the process. Not as partners. Then he blathered on at her door about how he was going to fix things. Again, leaving her out, and Jack always wanting to “fix things” is how he gets into these problems in the first place. So no lesson learned, only one bullet dodged.

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur
1 hour ago, Joe Long said:

Really good chapter. Jack’s confused and angry but not depressed. I’d have been in my room, crying my eyes out, perhaps after taking a baseball bat to the tree in the backyard.

Through dating my now wife and then the first few years of marriage, she didn't say why she was angry and it was frustrating for me because I didn't know how to fix it. She thought any intelligent person would have figured it out. After awhile I did convince her to explain her anger, and then sometimes I wish I hadn't – but i did allow me to proceed while knowing what I was dealing with.

I’ve been married enough years now that I know exactly why Kayla was angry. I’ve been there myself many times. If Kayla is anything like my wife (they are both women) this is what I imagine she'd say

It’s not what Jack did in the end (which is what he's focusing on), but for Kayla it’s how he got to that decision. He cut her out of the process. Not as partners. Then he blathered on at her door about how he was going to fix things. Again, leaving her out, and Jack always wanting to “fix things” is how he gets into these problems in the first place. So no lesson learned, only one bullet dodged.

You hit it on the nail. Rhona said something similar, but went along the track of “You’re putting yourself first and trying to do it all by yourself, others be damned.” Or, something slightly similar. What you said reminded me of how Jack has, even when he says he’s doing it for the happiness of others, done what he’s done so that he can make himself look and feel good about his involvement, whether wanted or not. Now, I’m not saying Jack is doing what he does because, like Brad said, he’s two-faced and only in it for himself. I think Jack honestly believes when Jack does the boneheaded things he does, it’s for rather altruistic reasons. Now, Jack, I’d say, does what he does not only for others (however misguided his intentions and disastrous the results are from his actions) but also does it to make himself feel good. The reason I posted all that is because Jack needs to realize, as a part of trying to rebuild the damaged relationships in his life, that he isn’t the pure knight who can do it all, like we learned he views himself at the end of the Voyeur saga, after Rhona pried it out of him.

Now, maybe his parents may be able to get Jack to, if not realize what he did wrong and is continuing to do wrong, get him onto the path of realizing what he did wrong and is continuing to do wrong. Jack, hopefully, will learn the lessons of “relationships are a team effort” (which he seems to have forgotten on some level) and “you can’t do everything yourself. Sometimes, you need help.”

Then again, maybe Jack won’t learn any lesson and lose Kayla plus what’s left of his friends.

Hoping the lessons stick this time, but Jack has proven us wrong before (and not for any good reasons). 

Just some thoughts. Rather disjointed, I’ll admit. 

Agreed, good chapter.  One technical aspect I didn’t get was why Jack couldn’t reach Dr. Fitzsimmons.  He calls Fitzsimmons’ number and now it belongs to a legal service?  That sounds like a hard-wired rotary-dial Ma Bell phone system from the Sixties.  I realize that Fitzsimmons had to be unavailable so that Jack would confide in his parents but medical professionals don’t just disappear like that.  If Fitzsimmons moved or was on hiatus then his patients would have been notified well in advance and given some contact info.  Okay, I’m nit-picking— sue me.

I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving and how Jack will reconcile with Amanda and Kayla (oh, come on— you know it’s going to happen).

2 hours ago, Chester57 said:

Agreed, good chapter.  One technical aspect I didn’t get was why Jack couldn’t reach Dr. Fitzsimmons.  He calls Fitzsimmons’ number and now it belongs to a legal service?  That sounds like a hard-wired rotary-dial Ma Bell phone system from the Sixties.  I realize that Fitzsimmons had to be unavailable so that Jack would confide in his parents but medical professionals don’t just disappear like that.  If Fitzsimmons moved or was on hiatus then his patients would have been notified well in advance and given some contact info.  Okay, I’m nit-picking— sue me.

I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving and how Jack will reconcile with Amanda and Kayla (oh, come on— you know it’s going to happen).

Speaking of Thanksgiving with the twins, I’m betting that when it comes to where everyone gives a thing they’re thankful for at the table, Amanda says in a spiteful tone that she’s thankful Jack will be leaving for college in Idaho soon. Could be wrong and she may just shoot him a dirty glare now and again. But I figure the current in-story Thanksgiving will probably be awkward. 

Hey all! Work is progressing well on the next chapter and I should hopefully have it out within the week. Just wanted to send a quick message of appreciation to any veterans or family members of veterans who have helped defend our nation, living or passed on. Happy Memorial Day.

6 minutes ago, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 72 is up :) ...pleasant surprise?

Very!  It’s raining here and I’m stuck inside doing laundry.  Perfect timing!

As I said in the last chapter, I’m almost certain I know why Kayla is mad. In fact, Jack’s Mom let the secret out. “We were the last resort?”

From my own experiences with my wife, first I have to have a period where she can see me not doing what she was mad about. Before the not talking to each other gets too awkward I’ll strike up a conversation that has nothing to do with the disagreement to pull us back to our “normal world.” If and when she does bring it up again I make sure to apologize.

8 minutes ago, Joe Long said:

As I said in the last chapter, I’m almost certain I know why Kayla is mad. In fact, Jack’s Mom let the secret out. “We were the last resort?”

And now we see why the author made Dr. Fitzsimmons take a leave of absence.  He would have told Jack in clinical plain English, “Get your head out of your ass, Mr. Harrison.  The reason Kayla won’t commit to you is that she believes— with good reason— that you simply don’t trust her with important matters that directly concern both of you.  Oh, and by the way— seeing as you’re a legal adult, there will be no more discounts.  From now on you pay my regular fee for our sessions.”  :o

You know, I think that Belle is both lonely and miserable.  If Jack can help convince her to get back with Joe it would pay big dividends.

Who do you think it will be who next catches Grant with his bone in Amanda’s crotch— Alan, Hannah or Mike?

4 hours ago, Chester57 said:

And now we see why the author made Dr. Fitzsimmons take a leave of absence.  He would have told Jack in clinical plain English, “Get your head out of your ass, Mr. Harrison.  The reason Kayla won’t commit to you is that she believes— with good reason— that you simply don’t trust her with important matters that directly concern both of you.  Oh, and by the way— seeing as you’re a legal adult, there will be no more discounts.  From now on you pay my regular fee for our sessions.”  :o

You know, I think that Belle is both lonely and miserable.  If Jack can help convince her to get back with Joe it would pay big dividends.

Who do you think it will be who next catches Grant with his bone in Amanda’s crotch— Alan, Hannah or Mike?

Your Fitzsimmons comment made me laugh, but it’s not that Kayla won't commit. She’s already been with Jack for two years. It’s betrayal.

Belle with the brief cameo. I agree. She reaches out to attempt a return to normalcy, but at the slightest hint of rejection gets angry and lashes out.

Interesting thought about Grant. Jack finally did the right thing and made himself absent. That might also lull Amanda into a false sense of security. As I write this I wondered if Amanda may have been testing Jack to see how he’d react. Now that I went back and wrote the first paragraph last, I wonder if Amanda’s possible test could be in coordination with Kayla. Does Jack have his head out of his ass?

I’d seen Brad give me the glare of someone who wanted to see my lying broken at his feet. That was a disinterested glance compared to what I was now looking at.

She flung open the door and stomped out, loudly announcing, “Jack was talking to a felon! When he wasn’t supposed to! He set up a fight!”

Perhaps Jack ought to be more concerned about Jessica The Vindictive Queen Bitch than he is about Brad.  I noted that something— or maybe someone— is going to have to drive Brad over the edge before he takes action.  Jessica may indeed use him as the instrument of her revenge.

Guest Joe Long
On 6/7/2017 at 5:44 PM, Chester57 said:

I’d seen Brad give me the glare of someone who wanted to see my lying broken at his feet. That was a disinterested glance compared to what I was now looking at.

Another typo. Either “me” or “my body”

On 6/7/2017 at 5:44 PM, Chester57 said:

She flung open the door and stomped out, loudly announcing, “Jack was talking to a felon! When he wasn’t supposed to! He set up a fight!”

Perhaps Jack ought to be more concerned about Jessica The Vindictive Queen Bitch than he is about Brad.  I noted that something— or maybe someone— is going to have to drive Brad over the edge before he takes action.  Jessica may indeed use him as the instrument of her revenge.

Problem is if Jessica uses him, then Brad could turn on her. I mean, didn’t he also want revenge on Jessica for throwing him under the bus?

3 hours ago, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Problem is if Jessica uses him, then Brad could turn on her. I mean, didn’t he also want revenge on Jessica for throwing him under the bus?

True, but this time we can assume that Brad has learned from past mistakes and isn’t going to believe a word out of Jessica’s mouth.  This time he will insist on a real quid pro quo— such as Brad will take revenge on Jack AFTER she becomes his personal fuck toy.

8 hours ago, Guest Admiral chesnut said:

When is the next chapter coming out ?Cant wait for it

Throughout the series Jashley has averaged roughly a chapter every two weeks (but I don’t want to jinx it). :)

On 6/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, Chester57 said:

Throughout the series Jashley has averaged roughly a chapter every two weeks (but I don’t want to jinx it). :)

31 of the last 50 chapters have been out between 12 and 16 days, with a low of 9 and a high of 33. Voyeur was slow, with the last 6 (of 7) chapters at 4 weeks each. Every other book has basically been on a two week schedule, give or take a couple of days.

Chapter 73 is up! A little earlier than expected but I found myself about to post a schedule update when I realized I was almost through. So...here you are.

Hope you all enjoy! I'll start working on the next chapter asap! :)

On 5/21/2017 at 1:43 AM, Joe Long said:

Jack’s in line for a hard crash landing. There’s no way he isn’t going to go through some massive suffering. Most important is to get Kayla back. Give her time, give her space, and don’t be a dick (I’ve been married nearly 33 years, I’ve gone though these spells)

Meantime, Jack could end up assembling a new crew of friends that help him get through it. Nick may well be an unexpected friend (unless he has aims to swoop in on Kayla)

Well, if the ending of this chapter has anything to say, he may not be a friend. Speaking of the ending of this chapter, how much worse do you think Jack will make the situation between him and Kayla? Personally, I’d say if Jack confronted Kayla and/or Nick about it, that it’d end with, at least on the Kayla end, with her telling him to fuck off and being even more cold and distant with him. But that’s me being optimistic about it. Then she could tell her father or he’d guess and, maybe during Thanksgiving or before, have a little private chat with Jack about Jack’s head up ass disorder. 

Basic tl;dr: it’ll end up worse before getting better-or, at least, as good as it can get in the story universe. How much worse? Well, that’s mainly up to Jack “why don’t you leave it the fuck alone for once?” Harrison?

Guest Howdy

I think jack and Kayla are done. Since I think in the last chapter she said something along the lines of she not wanting jack to keep fighting so he doesn't get hurt or something like that. And with what happened at the end of the chapter and makes that thought more sturdy now

On the end of the chapter, I have a possible and optimistic (aka slight confirmation bias) theory for why Nick was at Kayla’s house. The theory is that him and Kayla are working together on some sort of school project. I mean, we know Jack and Kayla don’t have all their classes together, so it could be possible she and Nick share a class and were paired up to do the project. I doubt that she and Jack are broken up (yet. It may get closer to “will she?” considering the end of this chapter). I mean, she did say that she’d be up front with Jack if she wanted to end it. For now, it’s up to Jack to pull his head out of his ass and not make shit worse, though, once again, with the direction the story is taking as of the end of this chapter, it’ll get worse before it gets better. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.