Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur

Also, a random side note: I also hope Jack gets his ass kicked. Whether by Brad, Alan, Amanda, or even both of the twins at once. Cause he apparently hasn’t learned anything from the whole Voyeur saga. Damn it, Jack! Stop before Kayla decides to leave you cause you’re causing her too much stress and heartache. 

Hey everyone! Realized before that I forgot to mention that the next chapter is the last chapter in the Demons Saga. Gone a couple chapters longer than I thought I would have with this one but the next one will close it out!

Guest Ogre Brute

Hey man I have followed your story way back on the other site and have continued to follow it on the current site you are on. So is the final chapter going to be chapter 70? If so then I think it's a good spot to end the series. It's has become exhausting and enjoyable keeping up with the series and can most likely go on forever…….. I really enjoyed the story thus far so I'm just going to leave my post at that.

1 hour ago, Guest Ogre Brute said:

So is the final chapter going to be chapter 70? If so then I think it's a good spot to end the series.

Jashley meant that Chapter 70 will be the end of the current story arc— the Demon saga.  Hopefully, he still has a long way to go yet.

On 4/28/2017 at 9:00 PM, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone! Realized before that I forgot to mention that the next chapter is the last chapter in the Demons Saga. Gone a couple chapters longer than I thought I would have with this one but the next one will close it out!

Could you tabulate the sagas and which chapters they cover? I lost track about 25 or 30 chapter ago.

I was a little late in reading this chapter, but here are some comments

Danger Will Robinson!

Jack is getting fucked with from both ends at the same time, and this threesome will be even more painful than the first.

He hates Brad, talks to him, then thinks he may be telling the truth about Jessica. Then he hates Jessica, talks to her, then thinks she may be telling the truth about Brad.

He is getting played!

My daughter’s just a couple years older than jashley is (and went to school down near where Tara lives.) Her high school years were horrendous. Girls are so mean. It was a constant deluge of, “Did you hear what Jessica said about you?” “No – I don’t hate you. Did you hear what Brad said about you?” and the whole time they’re laughing their asses off while their target is going insane.

Jessica wants Jack to fight Brad not only to get Brad off her ass but also to see Jack to get the shit kicked out of him again. Where’s Rhona when Jack needs her? (and he might need some release if Kayla keeps her distance for too long)

Hey everyone! Sorry for the silence, there was unfortunately a death in the family so I had to take a couple days off. I’m back, however, and close to the end of chapter 70. Should be out soon!

Condolences for your loss, Joe.

15 hours ago, Joe Long said:

Does she have multi-colored hair?

Rhona’s not who I’m thinking of— but anything’s possible.  [It’s also possible that Clifford Blossom hung himself, but I doubt it!] :think:

Chapter 70 is up. Absolutely DRAINING as you’ll see, so I’m off to rest. Working again soon on the next Saga! Hope you all enjoy!

Damn good chapter and draining. Not as draining as I thought it would be. Confusing-ish. Don’t know why considering the ending and the weird vibe I got about Joe at the end of the chapter. Others probably have a better idea of how Joe can be involved beyond getting Jack to pull his head from his rear. Guessing the next saga may be called the Rebuilding, as it seems Jack will have to rebuild the bridges he burned (his siblings; Amanda in particular. Kayla, considering the end of the chapter. Rhona, because, one, they work together. And two, Rhona is Jack’s Obi Wan to his Luke. Sure, she’s failing at it as of now, but has managed to get Jack to realize why he’s the way he is (and he just realized it yet again. Hopefully for the last time.). Now, for Craig and Becca, well, it’d be sad if they drifted from the group, but not as heart wrenching if Jack ended up losing Kayla and Rhona, and having his siblings pull further away from him than they have (well, technically, he’s been pushing them away). 

23 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 70 is up. Absolutely DRAINING as you’ll see, so I’m off to rest. Working again soon on the next Saga! Hope you all enjoy!

As we’re ending another saga (book) in the series, I’m in need of updating my Saga Index. Can anyone pitch in to complete this?

Kayla Saga: Chapters 1-8
Jessica Saga: Chapters 9-15
Tara Saga: Chapters 16-22
Twins Saga: Chapters 23-28
Summer Saga: Chapters 29-37
Fracture Saga: Chapters 38-45
Voyeur Saga: Chapters 46-52
??? Saga: Chapters 53-
Demons Saga: Chapters -70

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Cra$h73

So, another great chapter but I have to ask did anyone else see the ending coming? I mean I didn't until jack started telling kayla everything but once he got going I just knew that was the only way it could end. And I had myself quite a chuckle.

So, in the latest chapter, Jack’s managed to piss off Amanda to the point of her telling him she hates him. He also pissed off Rhona to where she just basically threw her hands in the air (metaphorically) and said “Fuck it! Want to get the shit beaten out of you? Fine! Don’t expect me to be there when it’s over.” Jack also managed to get himself deep in the doghouse with Kayla when she shut the door in his face because she was so mad at how he ignored her pleas to not be stupid but when it was Joe who talked to him, he listened. 

On the last point, I’m wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience as Jack did. By that, I mean did anyone ignore the pleas of their significant other to not do something stupid like get into a fight with an ex-friend because of deep seated anger towards said person, yet ended up not doing something stupid because the pleas of someone other than their significant other, say, a childhood friend, managed to get through? Was wondering cause I’m guessing what happened to Jack, with various details being different depending upon the person, is not too uncommon?

Now, as to how Jack can fix the issue of mending bridges with the people he’s pissed off, let’s start with Amanda. I personally figure he should leave her alone to stew because he could end up making it much, much worse. I mean, he could start to mend the bridge by talking with Grant and apologizing for his freak out and saying it’s okay for Grant and Amanda to have sex at the house (actually, maybe not, as the conversation would turn really awkward no matter how that’d be phrased). So, maybe just ignore that last part.

For Rhona, well, I’d say it’d probably be easier to mend that bridge with her, as they still have to work together so it’d behoove the two of them to patch things up. She’d probably still give him the cold shoulder after he told her what he told Kayla (the epiphany thanks to Joe), and maybe even punch him, but I can’t see her being too frosty to him for long. Could be wrong on that, though.

As for Kayla, well, Jack’s going to have his work cut out for him to keep her from ditching him. I figure the best solution would be to maybe try to do something but not go overboard and push her. 

To add to the last bit I posted, I figure Jack should, for Kayla, just play it by ear when trying to convince her that he’s actually changed and (hopefully) won’t do anything as stupid as challenge Brad to a fight. Basically, he should give her some space, and maybe talk to Fitsimmons (or whoever the therapist is) cause he really needs to. Hell, maybe bring Kayla along so the therapist can try to help them.

Now, one last point I’ll mention. What will Brad do now that Jack canceled their fight? I figure that he’ll try to get revenge on Jack, either through going after Jack himself or Jack’s friends and loved ones. Now, one can say that Brad will just leave Jack and co alone. And he may leave them alone. But after being poked by Jack, I doubt he’s going to let Jack go so easily. Basically, if anything happened to Jack and co because of Brad, it would be Jack’s fault as he should have just left Brad alone and moved on. But, considering this is Jack, well, that would have been a wasted wish.

So, any crazy theories as to how this saga may go cause I doubt it is going to be a calm and easy saga? 

16 hours ago, Guest Cra$h73 said:

So, another great chapter but I have to ask did anyone else see the ending coming?

I’m afraid I did. 

Nice try, Jack— but too little, too late.  If you had pulled your head out of your ass a month earlier it might be a different story.  The only thing you did right was to not tell Kayla that you had talked to Rhona first.  That would really have pissed her off!  [And why is Kayla sick all of a sudden?]

Jack may think that he is done with Brad but I wonder if the reverse is true?  Ridiculing him about being a virgin was probably not a wise move.  We’ll see…

Great chapter and cliff-hanger.  Waiting eagerly for the next Saga.  This years’ Thanksgiving feast is probably going to be a little awkward!

Off-topic note:  If you’ve been following Riverdale, the first-season finale is on the CW tonight.  I do hope the series is renewed as it is really good.

Guest akamu013
On 10/05/2017 at 8:14 PM, Joe Long said:

Kayla Saga: Chapters 1-8
Jessica Saga: Chapters 9-15
Tara Saga: Chapters 16-22
Twins Saga: Chapters 23-28
Summer Saga: Chapters 29-37
Fracture Saga: Chapters 38-45
Voyeur Saga: Chapters 46-52
Travel Saga: Chapters 53-60
Demons Saga: Chapters 61-70

Hey everyone! Quick update:

So I've been working on Chapter 71 and work is progressing fairly well. However, I’ve had to take the last couple of days off because the module I am currently in requires me to read 200 pages a night. You read that correctly. And my test on it is tomorrow. Provided I pass, I will then enter a module that is completely self-paced and will not intrude upon writing time since I can only complete it in the prescribed lab. So this next chapter might be slightly late but all others after should come out at a reasonable pace.

Oh, and the next saga will be called the Rebuilding Saga. Good job Moonlight Knight Arthur!

On 5/11/2017 at 1:29 AM, Guest Cra$h73 said:

So, another great chapter but I have to ask did anyone else see the ending coming? I mean I didn't until jack started telling kayla everything but once he got going I just knew that was the only way it could end. And I had myself quite a chuckle.

When I knew that Jack wasn’t going to fight I started to panic. What’s wrong with Kayla. This story is going to take an abrupt turn. Is she pregnant? Then when Jack started gushing all the stuff at her and saying, “I’m going to fix it all...” I knew that’s his problem to begin with – and so did Kayla. “She’s going to break up with him”

8 hours ago, Joe Long said:

What’s wrong with Kayla. This story is going to take an abrupt turn. Is she pregnant?

That would be a very abrupt turn.  The Pill isn’t one hundred percent effective and Jack hasn’t mentioned that he’s been using condoms— at least that I recall.  Possible then.  She would give birth about the time she was going to start at Iowa State.  A fine mess you’ve gotten me into, Jack! 

2 hours ago, Chester57 said:

That would be a very abrupt turn.  The Pill isn’t one hundred percent effective and Jack hasn’t mentioned that he’s been using condoms— at least that I recall.  Possible then.  She would give birth about the time she was going to start at Iowa State.  A fine mess you’ve gotten me into, Jack! 

Because just when she has doubts about whether she wants to stay with Jack, she finds she’s bearing his child. That’s conflict for you.

I was just looking over the notes at the end of the writing in my story and spotted this lyric (from Scott Stapp’s latest album) that I had pasted in. Honestly, it may apply to Jack better than to my characters.

You can go, you can leave this town.
Forget about the people and the places,
and the faces that have let you down
You can hide, you can change your name
But the fear will always find you,
if it's coming from inside you,
so you've gotta change

Honestly, I don’t think Kayla is pregnant. I’m guessing she’s just come down with the flu or a cold. You know, just like how some thought, in the Fractured Saga, that Amanda was pregnant, but it turned out that she just came down with a cold. Could be wrong, but seems more likely Kayla caught a little flu bug. Also, considering how the next saga will be about Jack making efforts towards rebuilding his relationships, I don’t think Kayla being pregnant could fit. Maybe it could be fitted in there. Maybe. Aside from what is the main focus of the next saga, the only subplot I see being a part of it is Brad. Or, to be more specific, Brad’s vengeance. Jack being Jack, he ended up waking a rather sleepy bear who may have just eventually left him alone. But, now that Jack woke him, he’s going to go for his vengeance full blast. Or, he may quiet down for a while, make everyone think he’s not going to interfere with their lives anymore, then just out of nowhere, bam! Brad strikes. Question is, who will Brad go after first? Jessica and Ted? Kayla? Amanda? Jack? 

Besides all that, one bit of advice for Jack in terms of trying to patch up him and Kayla, cause, though she may not (emphasis on may) break up with him, she is really pissed: he and Kayla should see the therapist (I think the therapist is named Fitzsimmons). Jack does seem overdue for therapy, considering the hole he dug himself into, and maybe having Kayla along will help her understand what’s with Jack as Fitzsimmons delves into the likeable yet infuriating Jack’s psyche. 

1 hour ago, Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur said:

Honestly, I don’t think Kayla is pregnant. I’m guessing she’s just come down with the flu or a cold.

There were some earlier crumbs that could have hinted at pregnancy, then as this chapter rushed headlong towards the end it became apparent that something was up with Kayla that would radically turn the story. Therefor, my first thought was pregnancy – but as soon as she opened the door and was sniffling I tossed that out.

It was a simple illness, although one that would add to her grouchiness and make it more likely for her to react rashly to Jack, even if he was being an ass. Well, he thought he was fine – but he had made his decision after consulting with Joe and Rhona after not listening to Kayla, and kept saying, “I’m going to fix everything!” which is his core flaw. So Jack may have avoided disaster with Brad, but he hasn’t yet learned the truth about himself.

Over the past summer everyone around Jack was facing some kind of rejection. Now everyone’s rejected Jack. Well, just about. Who’s left? His parents, Joe – and Beth Miss Cartwright. 

Jack’s in a bad spot. He went from a fear of Brad to being so high to being rejected by the last person – Kayla closing the door in his face. I think Jack has to go much lower before he starts back up. How will he handle being alone?

Fiendish plot twist to remove everyone from Jack’s life – Miss Cartwright accidentally sends those nudes to Jack’s phone instead of her boyfriend’s, and Mrs. Harrison finds it.

Over nearly two million words there’s been a lot of drama in this story, but nothing touching on substance abuse. There’s been drinking but I don’t recall anyone drunk. This may be something to consider as Jack reaches his darkest places.

After mentioning Scott Stapp above I googled to get the name of the song (“Only One”) but also came across the video for “Slow Suicide.” Stapp did suffer through substance issues which are referenced in the video.

Edited by Joe Long

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.