Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Okay, wow. Jack is really stressing out and being a dick. Kayla is feeling the strains.

I know he’s angry and scared, but even with the stuff like Craig and Becca, Jack is getting into typical teenage drama, and he’s the dickhead, picking fights with people as he worries why he was slighted by someone, anyone. I’ve been married for over 30 years and still, 98% of the time my wife says “You did that because...” she’s wrong.

I watched my daughter go through all this kind of bullshit when she was in high school and it made her a wreck. I reckon I had it better being a guy who didn't have to deal with mean girls. I didn't even have a girlfriend at all in high school. I hung out with the guys - usually the ones who didn’t have girlfriends either. The guys from the neighborhood and the ones I played baseball with. Or - they played and I sat on the bench, mostly. I had to do something to prove myself. In the end, I did it with my brain - and even that really wasn’t successful until the last 5 years or so, after I turned 50.

“just chalk it up to moody teenager-ness”

How about some self-awareness, Jackster. After I had a night to think about it, I do believe Jack has driven away his circle of friends. He’s just not fun to hang out with anymore.

Aren’t Jack & Kayla’s parents ever home anymore? I hope they had some Febreze for that couch.

Trick-or-treaters leaving the Hanigan house at 1125 Sudley Lane:

“That lady had a funny smell”

“I heard her yelling at someone when we rang the bell”

“I think I saw something white running down her leg.”

“Did you see how her titties were poking through her shirt?”

Guest Arthur, Moonlight Knight

So, in the last chapter, Jack:

-Has wild Halloween sex with Kayla while they’re supposed to be handing out candy to trick-or-treaters (or shall we say cockblockers).

-Is driving away his friends. Well, looks like the Fracture saga is still continuing on some level. Damn it, Jack. 

-Does something stupid, incurring an angry phone call from Jessica-she’ll find a way to make him suffer next chapter. Betting on it

-Is planning to do something stupid maybe next chapter. Hopefully he doesn’t end up attacking Brad ‘cause I’m sure he doesn’t need to have assault on his record. Bad enough he almost got in trouble in the Voyeur saga. Doesn’t need this as well. Side note: Pretty sure Amanda knew why asking Grant to assault Brad (and that’s what it would be considered as the worst Brad has done is violate the restraining order and he hasn’t yet tried to make Jack or co eat pavement) yet seemed to forget why asking Jack to do the same was stupid (aside from him getting his ass handed to him the last time. Also get why she was afraid and would ask Jack in particular but the best option for all parties now is sit and wait, really).

-Last note: Maybe Jack should tell Kayla of his stupid plan before he does it, and if he does go through with it, bring Kayla along and have her record what’s going on (just in case police are needed). 

Basically, another good chapter, Jashley. 

AAARRGHRRR!!  Jack, you’re killing me!  Just when I thought you were finally getting your shit together… just when I thought you had found the Path of Enlightenment, what happens?  You revert to type and fuck up once again!  I swear to God, I would tear my hair out if I could spare any!  [Okay, rant over.]

Jessica’s reaction to Jack’s questioning of Ted means that she’s hiding something big— and if Jack had shown a little more empathy and patience he would have gotten Ted to spill.  So now Jack has come to the conclusion that he has to talk to Brad to get to the bottom of all this.  Brilliant thinking!

Don’t know why Craig would be avoiding Jack and shutting down their friendship, unless someone told him to.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Joe Long said:

Aren’t Jack & Kayla’s parents ever home anymore?

Good question.  The parents seem to be absent a lot these days.  Maybe they figure that since their kids are now all 18 years old it’s okay to go out and get shit-faced on Halloween.  I wonder if Chester and Mary are still hanging out with Blanche and Don?

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Joe Long said:

I hope they had some Febreze for that couch.

You ever notice that in sex stories nobody seems to have a sense of smell?  Come on now.  The guy and girl combined release a quart of bodily fluids and nobody is the wiser?

Sniff, Sniff  “KAYLA!  GET DOWN HERE!!”

Edited by Chester57

Why is Brad afraid? We assume he doesn’t want to go back to jail – but Mr. Nightengale hinted that Brad’s situation could be improved if he could only talk to jack. When he did, it was to blame the mess on Jessica. Could it be that Jessica has something on Brad that she’s blackmailing him with? She might hold some power over Brad.

I might get banned if I quote my story, but I’ve had my characters mention more than once that they need to be careful of odors. Spray air freshener around the room, can’t do it in the car on the way home because Mom might catch a whiff, be sure to use the motel shower afterwards, etc

But yeah, a chapter or two back Jack spent a Friday night in Kayla’s room. Good authors don’t leave explanations hanging!

So sorry about the lack of updates guys! I really wish I had more time to but between studying and writing, it’s not the easiest in the world. I always have time to read your comments though :)

Next chapter is coming along and I only have one major section left to write, but since it’s a very important one, I don’t want to mess it up. Hopefully I’ll have a better estimate soon!

Great series. Glad you are doing well in tech school. I read where you were amazed the story has so many chapters and you are wondering how you will feel at chapter 100. I just hope you keep putting out great chapters and we will all be there with you at 100.

Chapter 68 is up :)

Sorry this one took me a bit longer but it was kind of an emotionally draining chapter and it’s been an emotionally draining couple of weeks. I shall elaborate soon but in the meantime, I hope you all enjoy :)

As soon as Brad told Jack that the Homecoming fight with Craig was the beginning of the plot against him I went back and read the first paragraph of Chapter 8.  In fact, I re-read the whole chapter (again).  Jack had also said that the Homecoming of his Sophomore year was the flashpoint of everything that followed.  Now Jessica I can understand pretty easily— she’s a privileged, spoiled bitch who has always gotten her way.  Remember what she said when Jack turned her down about taking her to the dance?

I’m hot shit,” she said softly, sliding closer to me, “I’m the hottest girl in the class, maybe in school. I’m…look, I’m not trying to be a bitch or anything, but you’re kinda lucky I want you to take me to Homecoming. Come on, Jack, it’s not that bad.”

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  Okay, fine— but holding a grudge this long is a bit extreme, wouldn’t you think?  I was always curious why a girl like Jessica— class president, Homecoming princess and Queen Bee— doesn’t have a steady boyfriend.  Is she that obsessed with Jack?  If she can’t have him then she’s going to destroy him?

Brad’s hatred of Jack is a little different.  At the beginning of the story Brad, Jack and Joe were like the Three Musketeers— friends forever and all that.  So what happened?  Well, Kayla happened.  Through no fault of her own she essentially took Jack away from the team.  Think about it— Jack had a loving family and a great girlfriend.  Joe had a loving family and— for a while— a great girlfriend.  As an only child, all Brad had was his ultra-strict parents.  So he became jealous and that morphed into hatred with Jessica’s help.

Yeah-- with friends like these, who needs enemies?  Good chapter.

Edited by Chester57

Hey everyone!

So, about that emotional stuff...in a nutshell, my wife left me. Yeah, kinda sucks, especially since it was done through a note. I would think that after 5 ½ years of being together I might warrant more than that but...I guess not.

Rest assured, I am perfectly fine. I got over it emotionally and I'm now in a good place. Not the easiest transition going back to being single but I'm making due.

And don't worry; this will not affect the story. All that stuff is set in stone.

Hope you're all well and I'll post info on the next chapter soon!

Joe-

I’m very sorry to hear this news and coming at a time when you’ve made a big change in your life.  I know that your sense of duty and honor will stand you in good stead while you work through this.  Never fear— things will get better, my friend.

I too am sorry for the situation you find yourself in. If you believe all things happen for a reason,  there must be something better in your future. Maybe like the tag line in your story. There is the right someone out there for you. "And ye shall seek and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart".

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur

Good chapter. Massive spoilers-ish: So, like clockwork, Jack never fails to impress. Manages to piss of his siblings and his girlfriend. He gets into an almost fight with Amanda, was looking to head into one with Alan, but Alan managed to rein in his temper, and got the really cold shoulder with Kayla. He then confronts Jessica and finds out the truth, and now is looking to confront Brad. Well, after initially thinking the saga would be about a physical fight with Jack’s “demons” then a metaphorical one, it looks like he may be headed for a physical one. Man, Jack can’t go one year without some physical fight. Can’t wait to see Jack dive into the bottomless pit and probably piss the ones he cares about off even more than before. I’d say I would hope Jack would just try to stay away from Brad and focus on mending the bridges he’s been burning/hacking to pieces, but considering what we learned at the end of the Voyeur saga when Jack opened up to Rhona, that’s probably not going to happen and someone may end up in the hospital. Will it be Jack or Brad, or both?

Stay tuned for the next chapter of She is the One.

PS: Considering we have half of Jack’s senior year left to go, wondering how he’ll top himself for foot in mouth. 

Guest Reader

Hi. I was just wondering why is Jack being how he is right now? That he HAS to do these things. And why have his siblings not be friends anymore and be strained with each other? And I'm sorry your wife left you.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Chester57 said:

-OR- she becomes the new school slut at Brow Ridge.

Remember when I made this prediction about Amanda?  So now she screams at Jack— “If I wanna fuck the whole school, you can’t tell me not to!”  Yep-- for a good time, call Amanda.  It will probably depend on whether Grant was scared away for good.

Jack— you boob, you fool, you stooge, you incompetent moron!  You will justly deserve what is going to happen to you.  In two years you have gone from a level-headed, stand-up guy to the Queen Bee’s lackey.  I also predicted that you would get suspended in your senior year.  Believe it, dude.  Your soon-to-be ex-girlfriend is going to Iowa without you. :(  Possibly she’ll save your worthless ass, but I’m not holding my breath.

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur
On 4/25/2017 at 11:38 PM, Guest Reader said:

Hi. I was just wondering why is Jack being how he is right now? That he HAS to do these things. And why have his siblings not be friends anymore and be strained with each other? And I'm sorry your wife left you.

For the first question you have, it’s because Jack has the personality type where he sees himself like one of those knights of yore in fantasy stories-protect those close to him and helps those he believes are in trouble. That’s the simplest I can put that, so the others here can elaborate if need be.

As for why the twins aren’t friends and their relationship is strained, well, I’d have to go back and tell you an abridged version of the story arc of Alan and Amanda. Sorry for any spoilers, but, when the story began, the twins were in an incestuous relationship. Jack ended up happening upon it within the first chapter (saw them through the keyhole of the room the twins used to share but now Jack and Alan share it-more on that later). Eventually, the parents happened upon the twins while the twins were getting busy in what I recall was the front room (could be wrong). Jack managed to convince his parents to let the twins be together, and the parents agreed-until around Christmas of the first in-story year. After that, the parents got Alan and Amanda to agree to a deal where they’d try to stay away from each other for a month and then the parents would let them be together with, presumably, no more hassle. But, the twins end up breaking the deal and the father, enraged, breaks the twins up and has Amanda take Jack’s room, with Jack now having to share a room with Alan. (Side note: I think the parents were just looking for some excuse to break the twins up and this worked for them).

The aforementioned occurs in the Twins Saga. Also during said arc, Jack is the one who has to try to get the parents to let the twins be together again, but, after Alan catches Amanda trying to kiss Jack one night, he basically breaks it off with her (the chance of them being together) and for the next month, acts like a total asshole towards her. Alan then tries to beat Jack’s face in and finds out about the, let’s call it “handcuff incident”. So, after the month of Alan being a pissy dick, Amanda has moved on to a baseball player named Sam. Alan, somewhat realizing his mistake, tries to get her back (well, not really tries. He does something, but it was one of the worst ways he had of convincing her). After failing to get her to leave Sam for him again, Alan gets ready to run away (or kill himself. He made mentions of both, I believe. Yes, I know I could read it again, but with the angst from this saga, I decided to not reread the story until it ends. Weird, but hey), and Jack decides to lock Alan and Amanda in Amanda’s room until they talk it out. Long story short, dad gets home, Jack tries to keep dad from interrupting, and the twins leave the room, agreeing that they’d basically keep going as they were-Amanda dating Sam, Alan going to look for someone else. Probably oversimplified and missed some stuff, so if anyone else wants to elaborate, go ahead.

Later on, Alan gets a girlfriend named Kelly and is still with her to the current story time. Amanda, however, is cheated on by Sam. Sam decides to cheat on her with Joe, Jack’s remaining childhood friend (people can explain about the shit with Brad) who’s also cheating on his girlfriend, Belle. Speaking of Belle, she finds them together in a room during a Halloween party. Understandably, Belle’s reaction is not unexpected (again, others can talk to you about that if you want to know, as well as the ramifications from that). Going back to Amanda, when she learns of Sam cheating on her, she goes off at her parents, blaming them for causing this as she wouldn’t have had to deal with being cheated on if she was still with Alan. Alan makes a comment about how he’d not even look at Kelly if he and Amanda were still together to his parents. The father shoves him and, well, for the rest of that in-story year, to keep it short, the twins are rather...frosty to their parents.

Now, at the beginning of the in-story year, here’s where things get worse for the twins’ relationship (their friendship). It’s at this time, Alan and Kelly start to sleep together (unless they were already doing it), and Alan begins to be a dick to Amanda, even going so far as to Sexile her (yes, sexile is now a word). Some more time passes and Amanda tells Jack in, around July that she’s basically done with Alan and that, even if she wanted to get back with him, they still have their parents as an obstacle. Eventually, Amanda gets together with Grant, and here we are now.

Once more, if I missed anything or oversimplified something, kindly reply. 

Hope this answer, full of spoilers, satisfies you. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.