Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Couple things:

1) Next chapter should be up tomorrow morning, right before we leave for the airport :)

2) I don't like to bring politics or stuff into this forum (I respect you guys too much to try to get all 'controversial') but I am beyond happy with the Supreme Court right now. Not to trample on dissenting opinions but honestly, I've never understood why two people who love each other should not be married and I am so happy that whomever wants to get married, gay or straight, can do so.

See you tomorrow morning for the one year anniversary of She is the One! :D

I thought it was first published in August. Didn't seem like a year already.

I don't really care who gets married to each other, I can be tolerant. What I am afraid of is that it will continue down the path of trying to eliminate any dissent, such as requiring churches to perform same sex marriages or face loss of tax exempt status or even criminal penalties.

If all the 50 state governments will marry now marry a couple, then those couples should get a government wedding. Please don't bully the churches.

I thought it was first published in August. Didn't seem like a year already.

I don't really care who gets married to each other, I can be tolerant. What I am afraid of is that it will continue down the path of trying to eliminate any dissent, such as requiring churches to perform same sex marriages or face loss of tax exempt status or even criminal penalties.

If all the 50 state governments will marry now marry a couple, then those couples should get a government wedding. Please don't bully the churches.

These are not my words, not do I agree with them completely. As my very conservative mother calls them "the gay mafia." Now that's pretty radical, but often times, people in America, where anyone one is entilted to an opinion, are bullied for holding the opposing view. But it's not my place to say what's right or wrong. As for the ruling itself, I guess I don't really care. I'm glad that people are able to be together happily now. If the churches start to get bullied, then maybe I'll care.

On the other point, I remember reading the first chapter in late June. I was wondering when the anniversary was coming up. But I started when chapter 3?(or two, I can't remember), was just put out, and had to go back to read the first one or two. Followed it here. And it's a much happier place here.

I started reading the Blue Site probably in May or June. I thought it was a little later when She is the One and also Being More Social showed up. Maybe it was August when I registered at the site and soon after started by own story (One Thousand Apologies).

I know it was Oct/Nov when things started going to shit, with everyone getting downvoted, threats to Joe, then stories getting pulled.

Couple things:

1) Next chapter should be up tomorrow morning, right before we leave for the airport :)

Congratulations on the anniversary, Joe! I'll have to wait until Saturday evening to read the new chapter, though. Tomorrow is my first day back to work since my surgery 12 weeks ago. You and your wife have a great time!

Congratulations on the anniversary, Joe! I'll have to wait until Saturday evening to read the new chapter, though. Tomorrow is my first day back to work since my surgery 12 weeks ago. You and your wife have a great time!

Congrats on your recovery!

Chapter 34 is up!!! So glad I was able to get it out before we head out the door :)

Anyway, Happy One Year to She is the One! :D Can't believe it's been a whole year since I started this story. It's weird to think that I've been writing these characters and this story for so long that, now, I can't imagine life without them. They're as much a part of me as the real people I interact with because, well, you guys make them real. You discuss them and their thoughts and decisions, debate the 'right' thing to do, come up with predictions for what's gonna happen next. Honestly, I couldn't have made it this far without you guys. For all the ups and downs of the story, you guys have been the most awesome, most amazing, most wonderful readers and author could ask for and it's because of you that we've gotten this far and will go even further.

Here's to another year of twists and turns to come :) I get back on Monday and will post the Reality Check then. Take care guys and enjoy and thank you again :)

Chapter 34 is up!!! So glad I was able to get it out before we head out the door :)

Anyway, Happy One Year to She is the One! :D Can't believe it's been a whole year since I started this story. It's weird to think that I've been writing these characters and this story for so long that, now, I can't imagine life without them. They're as much a part of me as the real people I interact with because, well, you guys make them real. You discuss them and their thoughts and decisions, debate the 'right' thing to do, come up with predictions for what's gonna happen next. Honestly, I couldn't have made it this far without you guys. For all the ups and downs of the story, you guys have been the most awesome, most amazing, most wonderful readers and author could ask for and it's because of you that we've gotten this far and will go even further.

Here's to another year of twists and turns to come :) I get back on Monday and will post the Reality Check then. Take care guys and enjoy and thank you again :)

I look forward to reading it. It seems like we rely on the characters, the story, as much as you. And we couldn't ask for a more wonderful story. I hopefully you have a good trip, and thank you.

Enjoyed the chapter, as always.

On the whole next (current?) gen question, I feel jacks pain. I just got my summer job so I'll have some cash flowing in and I know that I'm going to spend it on getting upgraded. My only struggle is deciding, PS4 or XBone. I'm generally a PlayStation fan, although my favourite console was the original Xbox (lots of memories of me and my brother playing metal through the custom playlist while running over covenant grunts in the first Halo game). But due to budget constraints (and the drive to get a good deal) I'm incredibly tempted to get the XBone, for the fact that £300 get me the console, controller and the master chief collection (love Halo). Plus the XBone has a lot of exclusives that I like. Halo 5, the two new gears of war games to name a few and its backwards compatible so I can still play 360 games. But all my friends want to get the PS4 and I'll admit I wanted to as well until I realised that XBone actually has better games. PS4 may look better but once I had to start seriously thinking about it XBone has won.

Well that was a bit of a gaming rant with no point what so ever. Anyone else hyped for MGS V:Phantom Pain?

Edited by that-one-guy

Congrats on your recovery!

Thank you, sir! Still have a lot of exercises and walking therapy ahead of me but it feels good to get back into a routine once again. Also got a new Jeep Cherokee to drive so life is looking up..... and now I'm going to go read the new chapter. Cheers!

Finished ch 34 - good job! Finished on an up note, the arc may be over (for now).

I think Joe was trolling me on mentioning so many store names, but one caught my eye. I checked Google maps, and yes, there is one right where I would have guessed, in the same area as Chipotle, Five Guys, Gamestop and previously mentioned grocery stores.

So has Jack ever been to Sheetz yet? It's right acrossed the road!

Edited by Joe Long

I didn't get the "tear drops in the rain" reference, but it reminded me of one of my favorite songs, When I Remember by Blindside Pitiful Painting and Fell in Love With the Game are other great songs

But nobody moves me like you do
When i remember

A cloud moves in, rain falls, thunder strikes
And sunshine breaks through the clouds
I can cry out of sorrow and joy
Every drop of rain turns into a crystal in the sun
So wash my eyes, my clothes, my skin, my bones, my soul
My feet, my love
I'm not forgotten
I'm in your thoughts cause i feel sunshine in the rain

I read this chapter on my 16 hour car trip. Another good one, as always. With the threesome as the last chapter, this one seemed light. (Not that I minded)

So, the way Joe ended it, it left a cliff hanger of sorts, at least for me. I always have this feeling, but I really think someone/thing is awaiting Jack, Kayla, or Tara when they get back. Or a combination of things. The familiar face might make its appearance. But I'm feeling it might have something to do with Joe. Jack noted that he'd not heard much from him, and that he'd been hanging with Amanda/Sam & Alan. Which brings me to think that either Joe had a little bit of a thing for Sam, or it could be nothing.

Here goes my crazy mind trying to comb through all the possibilities. Maybe we'll get an update on Kayla's parents, (good or bad). I don't know. But I've got a feeling. (Insert Black Eyed Peas joke here)

Guest Guest

Finished ch 34 - good job! Finished on an up note, the arc may be over (for now).

I think Joe was trolling me on mentioning so many store names, but one caught my eye. I checked Google maps, and yes, there is one right where I would have guessed, in the same area as Chipotle, Five Guys, Gamestop and previously mentioned grocery stores.

Soe has Jack ever been to Sheetz yet? It's right acrossed the road!

Was there a bowling alley nearby?

Was there a bowling alley nearby?

Looks like there's one next to Wegman's, but I had to Google it as I've never been in there, just driving down the highway on my way to work. The theaters and the grocery are the only ones visible at 55 mph.

I thought I was going to bed early, but now I just put 2+ hours into chapter 12 of Being More Social. Good read.

Chapter 34 is just the calm before the storm, IMO. If you think Chapter 33 was heavy, you better get ready because i have feeling that something big, something bigger than Craig fight, Brad fight, Walburn suicide, and The Twins is coming next and believe me when i say this, it's gonna change everything.

Wow, i sound like a really bad trailer, anyway, anyone care present any theories or predictions? I'll probably through some of mine as well, but i wan't someone else to get the ball rolling first.

I'm really conflicted in my opinions, on one hand i want to believe that Jack and Kayla can figure all this out, that this incident was just a small bump in the road, and they'll move and be back to normal. But on the other hand i think its something that'll take nothing short of a miracle for them to get over. Jack's personality is the fixer type, he is giving Kayla her space but pretty soon he's going to get impatient and will approach her and try to talk to her, they both are crazy in love that much is certain, so for the sake of each other, i'd say that they will try to fix this. They also love Tara as well, so they'll also fix that as well, either individually or together i cant say. I want to believe that this will blow over and the threesome was the only painful event concerning Kayla and Jack's relationship, but i have this dreadful feeling in my gut that something bad is gonna happen, plus there's the issue of the familiar face.

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.