Click Here!

Need help adding to description

Guest FlameWolf

Guest FlameWolf

I understand that you can remove undesirable content from your description but there doesn't seem to be a way to ad or change anything. When I try to typ in the box, I'm simply unable. All I want to do is change a wording error and be able to change the status from WIP to complete when its finally done. What am I doing wrong?

This FAQ explains how to edit the Summary Field, which is where both the description of the story and the tags live.

Once a story is posted to the archive, you no longer have access to the dropdown menu for tags. In order to edit those, you need to manually remove and/or add tags, keeping in mind that the field has a 240 character limit. Use your arrow keys to move to the end of the Summary Field line in the edit screen, and you will see the tags.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar issue and I'm sure I'm under the 240 limit. Not only that, I thought that by making 'Minor 1, Minor 2' in my description into 'Minor 1&2' it wouldn't let me add '&' and then wouldn't let me add the second 'Minor' back into the description.

That one is at a total of 312 characters, so that would be why it won't let you add the tag. You'd have to greatly truncate the summary to add it, or move all the tags to the top of the first chapter.

Once the character limit is exceeded, I have to edit the field directly in the db. Let me know what you want in it, and I'll get it fixed. Make sure you either have the appropriate tags kept, or add the tags you want removed, to the affected chapter(s) where they apply.

This FAQ explains how to edit the Summary Field, which is where both the description of the story and the tags live.

Once a story is posted to the archive, you no longer have access to the dropdown menu for tags. In order to edit those, you need to manually remove and/or add tags, keeping in mind that the field has a 240 character limit. Use your arrow keys to move to the end of the Summary Field line in the edit screen, and you will see the tags.

The arrow key thing didn't work. Nothing popped up at all. I even deleted one of the tags just to see if it was a space issue and it didn't fix it.

The arrow key won't bring up a dropdown menu. You can't get that again, once you've posted the story. You use the arrow keys to move the cursor along the text in the Summary field. like scrolling sideways with an arrow key rather than a mouse. As you move past the summary that you wrote, you'll see the tags. Deleting tags won't get the dropdown back. You have to actually type in the new tag yourself.

The alternative is to add any missing tags in a line at the top of the first chapter. Call it something like "Additional Warnings" and we'll count that as proper tagging. It also won't count toward the author's note word limit of 600 words. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.