Click Here!

There's a curse on the game

Keith Inc.

I'm not sure how it works. By level or weapon or phase of the moon?

For the longest time, any time i attacked Dominic Shade it was tantamount to suicide. No matter what. Even if i attacked everyone else until i missed, then figured i was statistically free from such... If i attacked DS first...if i cycled the weapons in case it was a punishment for using the same weapon twice in a row...

Attacking DS pushed me to the top of the suicide stat.

Now i just squeaked into the next level of weapons. And it's May. I can attack DS, not with impunity but with a decent chance of surviving, maybe even winning.

But of my last six attacks on Teeta, 5 were suicides.

I wonder if the game randomly assigns..........................................

A Nemesis?

Dude, I think you're right, this game sometimes does stuff that isn't random.

Okay, get this.

I just recently broke 1500 strength. if i have 1500+ and attack Teeta with one of the two weapons this affords me, my eyes roll up in my head and my little toes end up pointing to the sky. Suicide 9 times out of 10.

IF i use up my strength, until i'm 1499 or less, and use any weapon that's still on the list, i don't kill Teeta, but i do have the usual share of victories, gain EXP, sign endorsements, and the cheerleaders rush onto the field for smoochies.

This game has some odd landmines buried in it...

I think that the game may have been modified so that we lower levelers could compete with the sky high levels and not suicide every time, but probably the fight becomes more "fair" the more strength you have.

Our theory is totally correct, once my levels started getting higher, I could not attack Calenthee without suiciding, but if I made sure my strength stayed bellow 600, I could fight her and not suicide. What you do is attack someone you know you can win against with a lower level weapon just to use up your strength and then attack.