Click Here!

Password "Forgotten"/ Change

Letoria

I'm having a hell of a time trying to change my password. It's a long story involving a new Android and one of those sites that promise to always remember your passwords for you. When I went through the "Forgotten Your Password" ritual, this site me a new password that was a string of meaningless numbers and letters. Unless I write it down somewhere, there is no way I'm going to remember it, so I immediately went to the "Edit profile" section here to change the password to something I'll remember. When I went to do it, I entered the "Current password" -- that meaningless string of numbers and letter, which I luckily wrote down -- and I got this message (see attached file.) when I tried to put in my New new password, the one I'll remember.

So now I'm stuck. I've wasted an hour fiddling around with this, my fuse grows shorter, and I'm at wits end. :bash::pissed: I have well over a thousand sites I have visited and might again in the future, or do visit on a regular basis, AFF being one of the latter. Each site insists on a unique, "strong" password. So I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I'm expected to remember over a thousand "unique, strong" passwords without writing them down, and no two should be alike. Hmmmm, let's see if that's going to happen in my lifetime. Ummmm, nope.

What to do now? I'm really leery of logging out and trying to log back in because of this. So, HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-26193-0-49958300-1406165622_thumb.png

I think the issue might be that you're entering the new password in the section for changing your email address. Just below that is the section where you can enter your current password (the jumble of letters and numbers you received) and then the new password you prefer, and confirming the new password below.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.