Click Here!

Marvelfan98 Writing

marvelfan98

Hello all. I just thought I would start a forum post where people can talk to me or ask me about any of my stories. You may also feel free to make requests here or just talk about anything at all. I feel like this is a good way to discuss with people who read my stories since I can't respond to comments and I've seen a few writers use these forum topics before. Anyways looking forward to hearing from anyone and everyone, thanks.

Marvelfan98

Edited by marvelfan98

• 2 weeks later...

Harbinger_of_Kaos

Hey!

Yeah I have a few things I'm either working on or have in some level of planning. I Don't want to give away to much but my next story is going to be about the Fearless Defenders team. Aside from that there's possibly going to be a sequal to my last story, Rogue Lust and I've been thining of deoing a story that would fit into the reasent Uncanny Avengers story about the planet of mutants, possibly writing to fill in the several years from that were skipped over in the comics to show how the planet developed into what it you eventually saw in the story arch. I feel like that could be a lot of fun since it would have a pretty wide selection of characters and I could do just about whatever I wanted since there isn't really much information given about the planet.

Thanks for the interest.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Hmm, I have never honestly read Defenders, I know who the founders are (Namor, Silver Surfer, Hulk and Doc Strange) but I do not know who are part of the latest incarnation...will it be like you Unity Squad story? You don't have to tell me that last part if you don't want to.

Rogue sequel eh? I can only assume you will have her go through another mind whammy and have her go through a now more adult roster of nightly partners.

That last one sounds very cool and reminiscent of your stories involving that Voyeur mutant you made, could you pair up Hellion and X-23? I was hoping to see them together since you hinted they were together on the island but never got to see them. Or and I know this sounds out of left field Julian and Psylocke? I say that last one because I remembered this scene where he takes a group of his friends to the danger room after they get attacked by the guy who wants Shogo and she was there and I kept thinking "Lead your team well Julian and I will give you a special reward".

BTW, have anything Spidey related?

The Defenders story would be somewhat similar to the unity story but not exactly. The roster that I would be using is the newest one of all female heroes led by Valkyrie and Misty Knight. It also has Dani Moonstar, Hippolyta, Elsa Bloodstone, Clea, and two new characters named Abigail Riggs and Ren. So that would be different from the unity story in one really big way at least.

For the last story like you said it is kind of similar to my older stuff but it would likely include a bit more of an actual story line to it. I think what I love most about it is that it really does leave the possibility for just about any pairing since the story would go over several years so Psylock and Hellion would absolutely be a possibility. Also I remember the story you mentioned and you're right there was this sort of sexual vibe coming from her. I perticularly remember a moment where she's kind of coaching him and has her arms drapped over his shoulders and her chest kind of pressed against him. Of course Julian and Laura would also be possible and a little more simple.

I don't currently have anything planned for Spider-man but it's definetly not something I would rule out. I did write the Caught in Her Web story with him but I think it would be fun to write a bit more of a straight forward story with him as well. As always if there's anything in perticular you were thinking feel free to make a suggestion.

Guest Harbinger_

Ok, I get you now, so it is basically an all female cast this time around...I think I heard that Black and Lyra or Red She Hulk were part of the team so I don't know if that helps. Like I said I haven't really followed that series, never peaked my interest.

I actually am glad to hear you say that you will put some story to the Planet X history, I am eager to see how you would do so. Sure your lemon one shots are great, but this could shape up to be even better if you add some more depth and build up to the encounters. Hmm, you know I could see that during their time on Planet X, Betsy at first takes on a mentor like role with him and it changes into something more profound later on, she is a very sexual woman who is comfortable with her body and is not ashamed to flaunt it and this by no means she is a loose woman. I could see her attracted to the taboo of it and Julian struggling with his desire for her while wondering if he should even try given his self conscious issues regarding his missing limbs.

Yeah Julian and Laura's history is somewhat simple but on occasion also complex if you think about it what with his anger issues over being pitied coupled with the maiming he suffered and her tragic separation from the Avengers Academy do to the events of Arena and what she was made to do and who she hurt.

As for something straightforward for Spidey, off the top of my head you could use the current situation with him and Cat. She uses Electro to get him tired as well as using her bad luck powers, he defeats Electro but is left open for her to strike (you could have her steal some tech to give her an even greater boost) and given both exhaustion and him having no desire to hurt her makes it so she can have him at her mercy she tears off his mask so she can see his eyes before she ends him...she is shocked to see Peter Parker and with that the spell that hides his identity breaks and she is flooded by all the memories she has of him including the love she feels for him. So she runs to try to make sense of the things she has seen, you flash forward where he is healed and at his apartment now fully healed and wondering what happened to her, cue the dramatic entrance and there she is sitting calmly on his sofa waiting for him, She demands to know why he hurt her and he takes her to Avenger tower, where despite their misgiving s on letting a thief in they explain and show proof of what Ock did to him. Again we return to the apartment where she finally breaks down due to the mixed emotions and loss of her life and he does what he does best comfort her, this finally makes her wake up and realize that the man before her is the real spider man and thus the man she truly loves. Romance and intimacy ensues, the end.

I thought of an unique variant of this as well if you are interested and a sort of What if scenario with two X-men members if you are interested.

The Fearless Defenders books was actually one of my favorite Marvel books but it didn't really seem to appeal to most people and got cancelled with issue 12 but I've known I wanted to do a story with them for a while.

For the Planet X story what's nice is that because they're on the planet for 4 or 5 years it really does a lot of flexibility with what I can do. This means I can built a relationship like you said with Julian and Betsy without having to rush through it. I could even have him be with Laura early in the story since that's a relationship that could easily start again then have it develope to him eventually being with Betsy. It's really great and I can do this with just about any mutant characters I choose to. I also think it's going to be interesting to deal with some of the mutant characters that don;t necesarily view being a mutatnt as an important part of who they are. This has a big range from heroes like Justice, Speed and Wiccan and villains like Typhoid Mary, Mandrill and Collective man.

You're idea for the Spidey story seems pretty interesting. I haven;t been keeping up with the new book, I'm not even finished with Superior but I did get to the point where Otto meets Felicia so I definetly see where you'recoming from. As for the variation I'm always happy to here more ideas if you'd like to share

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Well i'll take your word for it, the thing with me was that while I know that the Defenders group was on some pretty intense situations like the Avengers, X-men and F4 they were not as numerous. In fact the only one I can say I did read completely was when Dormamu took Eternity's power...though what was the point of having the Silver Surfer appear and do nothing I will never understand and Namor just wouldn't stop bitchin at Strange or making fun at the Hulk... though I did laugh when Banner said he should be finding Nemo and he didn't get the reference : ) .

You really nail it when you say how we get to see you build these interactions and it be interesting to see those three in their love triangle, and your right it can't be the only thing to be seen I mean I wondered some things like with the past X-men, how did they handle the destruction of Earth? Did Jean choose to be with past Scott, Warren or Hank? What of the Future Brotherhood? How did Storm, Kitty and Laura cope with Logan's supposed death? The mutants who were Avengers how they deal with the fact that Wasp is alive and helping Havok go back in time or were they killed to stop them from helping? There is so much to explore here yet I am surprise no one has tried to explore this venue, once more I say I am glad you are contemplating this.

What Otto did to her was horrible, I mean she was a rape victim so I can only imagine how hurt and angry she felt when the man who she trusted would do that to her.

Well the variation of that plot was that again Black Cat has Spidey on the ropes and is about to deliver the killing blow only this time without the unmasking, and this she is stopped by none other than Black Cat 2099.

The idea here is that the BC 2099 origin differs slightly from the game's, this version was created from a sample of blood Stone obtained and is created the same way, DNA of Felicia combined with, cat DNA, Tigra DNA and Vanisher DNA. her back story is that she succeeds in killing Peter and unmasks him after only to be stunned by the memories and flees in horror of what she has done, she is hunted and captured by his allies who explain who truly beat her and why Spider-man was back to normal. You can decided what the original's fate is whether she remained in prison, was paroled, was executed or took her own life in guilt (grim and dark I know but you sometimes have deal with those types to make a story work).

Anyway, 2099 Cat had the genetic memories of the original so as to preserve her skills but this came with the memories and guilt of what she did so in comes Spidey 2099 and how he plans to go back to save his future. She overcomes her artificially induced agoraphobia and goes as well however given how unstable the time stream was with the events from Ultron, Wolverine and the Hulk's actions she lands on the other side of the country weakened and disoriented. By the time she gets to New York to stop past self, she succeeds and takes Peter away while her past self tries to wrap her head on seeing her double stop her.

2099 BC takes him to her hiding place and tends to his wounds, once he is up and a bit shocked at seeing Felicia tend to him after brutally beat on him she explains who she is and how she came back to undo her mistake. Though she can't understand why she isn't fading away, Julia appears and tells them she has a vital role to play in the future, Peter then comforts her romance ensues, future Cat looks for her past self to stop her quest for vengeance and after a fight, some talking they go with Peter to the Avengers who explain everything and he tells her who he is. and again feelings bloom.

Past Cat and Peter take a time to hash everything out between them and again romance ensues and later on again as they hook with future Cat who is stranded with Miguel until everything gets sorted out and the three live together. The epilogue reveals that the role future Cat had was that when they return to the future she comes back pregnant and her child helps Miguel usher in a new Era of peace as the new Spider-man/woman. THE END.

the other request was a pair of What if? first was what if instead of Rhane and Josh being the teacher students with the Taboo affair it is Emma and Julian. The second one was what if Jean lived after the Xorn attack on New York but leaves the X-men for the time being since she and Scott divorce and more importantly what if Bobby goes with her and a romance no one sees coming blooms.

You have lots of great ideas her, lots of stuff to think over. I perticularly like the idea of Jean and Bobby since he was pretty much the only original X-man that never really expressed an interest in her. It could be really interesting to explore the idea of a crush he's kept secret for so long.

As for the planet X like you showed there's just so much to explore. I think the only reason no one else has done it yet is because the story line is so new, so as long as I don;t take to long writing it I could be the first one which would be pretty cool.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Yeah, I don't get why that is never explored because there is an overabundance of Jean with Scott, Logan, some with Hank and some with Warren in the romantic sense but all I find with Bobby is friends/family. Hell Emma has more kissy face with Jean than Iceman and I don't get it. Like you said he was the only one to never have any remote feelings of romance towards her and yet that never entirely made sense to me because if anything they know each quite well and always leaned on each other.

That is probably the drive I had in suggesting that story, I mean it can come out slowly as two friends on a road trip with one helping the other heal from a terrible ordeal and suddenly it becomes something more meaningful. Also Bobby really has such bad luck with the ladies, it's almost like Marvel has him so he can never have anything meaningful with any woman and in fanfiction you get to see so few stories with him in the leading role, I think it's time that change because it's always Cyclops, Logan, Gambit...I think there is more of Kurt and I am cool with that last one given he and Bobby are my two favorites.

But a little romance between the Iceman and Phoenix can't hurt right?

Yeah is one of those characters that always sort of pushed to the side lines. In the comics I can't really think of anyone he's had any sort of long term relationship. He has some short ones here and there definitely but there's no one I think of when I try to come up with his romantic interest. That's actually really weird when you consider how long he's been around. Strange.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

And it is still predominant in todays comics, I mean you got that Shi'ar girl who wants him ant they hint to something with Firestar but will it really go somewhere?

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Worst...tease...ever!

By the in all the talks we had I forgot to ask if you have a set date or time for when you will release those three stories of yours.

I know it was so frustrating. All the lead up for nothing.

For the stories I don't generally set dates because I find I never actually end up keeping them. I try to keep up a good pace but sometimes I just don't have to time or the drive to write so I just usually play it by ear. I do find this works a lot better though. In some of my earlier stuff I tried to keep to a more regular routine and I think it ultimately hurt the stories. I'd rather take the time and people to come up with better ideas or polish the old ones then rush something together. I do generally hope to write often but no guarantees.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

It's right there with Peter and Carol as well as Peter and Sable as far as teasing us with potential romance there in the face of OMD.

And now apparently they want to have Laura make out with young Warren, first the Scott now Warren, what's next Bobby? Hank? Jean?

And I just don't get why they had her throw a hissy fit after Battle of the Atom I mean when has this not happen when they don't trust each other during a crisis of this type.

Well i'll keep an eye out them for them and hope to see them soon and see the master at work.

Yeah Peter and Carol was one that I really wanted to pan out. I think that could have been really interesting . But they can never make peters life to good. Between personal life, love life, super heroing, and job he always has to have at least one that's screwed up

For the Laura thing a friend and I were actually joking about it earlier that it seems like their heading to having her end up with Jean and then recreating the dark Phoenix thing with Wolverine killing Jean but with Laura instead.

Thank you for the master comment by the way. That's a far greater compliment then I deserve.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Just telling it like it is friend.

With Marvel killing off Logan, then Steve I wouldn't put it passed them to pull that crap on us.

Yeah that is text book Parker luck, the universe (and by that I mean the Marvel Execs) is out to get him.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Well I was thinking the other day about this story I once read on FF.NET where Iceman was going into his permanent ice form and he had enough of Scott attitude, Lorna's rejection and he has enough. So what if the destruction of the Planet and the death of one of his closest friends is make's him finally say to hell with all of it and goes down a self destructive spiral like make him not care about the X-men anymore, have him go on drunken binges and such and at his lowest it is the least likely person to come and save him. I was thinking either Mystique or Emma who do this. Could boost the drama by having Lorna or Kitty come and call him out on being with either woman and finally showing everyone that he will not be bossed around anymore, that he has finally found a reason to match his potential.

That's really cool. They never showed him in planet X so this could be a way of showing why he's not part of the X-mens inner circle in that world. I like the Idea of Mystique there since they have a history, maybe even having her corrupt him into a new powerhouse member of a new brotherhood.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Hmm, I was thinking more along the lines of she (if you do go with Raven) unknowingly saves herself I mean there have been times when she actually does something noble for no reason or for her children. Also the Brotherhood and X-men were basically making sure order and law prevailed, what does she have left to fight for? No "normal" people are around to persecute her, she can't actually try to take over, she basically has no purpose and I think taking up the idea that she can mold Iceman into something he isn't would appeal to her but they might balance each other out...or that is what I think at least. Then enter Sabertooth who would mess with anyone for the thrill of it and drama ramps up again.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely see where you're going with this. My thoughts were more on her resent actions that don;t seem to care at all about mutant rights and are more just about her gaining as much power as possible. Personally though I have always liked her in a more redeemable role and in general I feel like that's a better fit for most of the X-men's mutant villains. I don't tend to think of them as evil as much as extremists. So I really like the idea of Bobby and Raven sort of balancing each other somewhere in the middle rather then either extreme.

Guest Harbinger_Of_Kaos

Good to hear from you friend, yeah I would see how her current action lean towards that, I mean what with her taking over Madripoor and enlisting the help of Azazeel instead of killing him like she originally planned. Bet that will sit really well Kurt...not! Especially after the most recent betrayal and loss he has suffered. Still if you did that with Bobby and Raven I can only imagine the reaction of everyone who knows them...the look on Kurt's face would be priceless!

Well I was right, Laura is getting passed around the O5 and now it is Warren's turn...yuck! Though on the odd side of things Mindee and Young Bobby are now seemingly close friends, which is weird yet I find it interesting, maybe she can become more independent with his help and he can mature some more.

Also read that Peter and the latest to join the ranks of Spider-Women can't keep their hands off each other and Felicia is really falling down the path super villainy, much to my deep sadness.

So got anything we the readers should soon look forward to?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.