Click Here!

Disclaimer repair

Still too new here to be fully comfortable with the mechanics of posting and editing. Can someone please check and make sure I got it right? I don't want to be a source of trouble. :unsure:

Thanks

Letoria

Hi,

I'm seeing a couple of things going on. You've posted the second chapter as a separate story, and I'm not sure that's going to work well for you, since the stories won't be linked. Readers will have to go from story to story for each chapter.

We have a FAQ on how to add a chapter here. I'd suggest going into your original story here and adding the second chapter based on the steps in the FAQ. Then you can delete the second story altogether.

Now, on to disclaimers. For Original fiction, we need to see two things. We need you to state that it's a work of fiction, and we need what's called a resemblance clause, something like "Any resemblance of characters to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental." Those are the only two thing we require. You've got that in your second chapter posted as a new story, but the first chapter doesn't have either part, so that would need to be fixed.

I use the following on my Original works: "This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is unintentional. All rights reserved by the author." You can feel free to use that if it works for you as well. :)

Thank you for such an awesome answer. I post on other sites, and I've never before had such a clear, concise, easy-to-understand, no BS reply to a question I've posted on a forum. Special thanks for the heads up on how to manage multi-chapter stories. If your prompt and very helpful reply is any indication of how things are run here, I believe I'm going to be a very happy member.

Thank you again!

• 1 year later...

How do you edit your story to fix the disclaimer? I'm new and didn't know how to make a good disclaimer...

Hi!

We have a section full of FAQs that step out how to do most things in the archive. The FAQ on editing a disclaimer is here.

If you have any trouble with the process, let us know, and we'll see if we can resolve the difficulty. :)

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.