Click Here!

G14 Review and Discussion Thread

Ayato

HusbandWife, the first story, had a discussion thread that seemed to do quite well so I thought I'd put one up for G14 and see how that goes. If you have any questions about the Alpha world, reviews, comments, snarky remarks, post them here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

So...my guess Matt is a B. Although he might be an A, but I'd like to keep Alex on a higher pedestal in my mind. So a lot has happened between stories. Guess I am not too surprised. So I am going to try hard not to become incredibly interested because you said updates maybe less than forthcoming. BUT I am extremely excited, anyways. Abraham said there were other Alphas that were staying with Blaine, but from the story right now, it seems Blaine is the only Alpha living there. Well guess this wasn't a review, more like a comment. Oh one more comment, I never thought I had an issue with multiple partners, but for some reason I had to wrestle with the idea of Blaine sleeping with someone other than Alex on a regular basis.

That was one of the reasons why it's been seven years. Don't get me wrong, Blane loves Alex, but Alex can be a bit of a handful and is a little like tumbling with a strange alpha, neither ever knows who's going to come out on top. Matt's much more submissive and while he's in for a lot of shocks, it's not necessarily the culture shock that Alex went through.

There are other alphas still in the east, just not on Blane's estate. Samuel (owns the food industry) is one of them, along with Daniel, Gregor (both government ambassadors just before the change) and an as yet unnamed alpha who is in charge of most of the entertainment industry. The entertainment alphas also likely stayed, mainly because so few people even realize that they are thys.

And of course is Ezra and Paul, living on Blane's estate, but thy know better than to stick thyre noses out when Alex brings someone home. Oh, and the little adorable alpha I get to play with, the new edition to the nest.

While I said that that updates could be long in coming, I will let you know that I have over thirty pages written (about three pages a chapter is my usual I think) so at the moment it's just recalling to actually update the story.

Thanks for your comments!

• 2 weeks later...

So review of 3-5...well this will just be a reaction and not really a discussion. Alex's voice described as bitchy by Matt. I laughed because it is how I kind of pictured his voice sometimes in Husbandwife. Sounds like Matt is breaking far faster then Alex did. I thought Jamie was the one that classified them, not Paul, why would he ask Paul to come? Oh and one more thing here...Blaine and Ezra seem to have the same reaction as Alex did to the guy in the hospital (was that guy Abraham)? Alex wanted to cuddle with Abraham if I remember correctly. Wow is there any possibility of Matt being like a mutt, because that would be interesting, like one of Abraham's bastards or something. Nice updates, I love it, cause I always seem to question things. Thanks for the response, too. Where did Paul's HusbandWife's go? or did they all go to the one guy who took over?

Matt is special with a capital 'S.' I created him to give Blane a good deal of amusement, but when I told Matt this he for some reason took that as meaning he should smut it up with Blane, which is highly entertaining, if a bit confusing.

A good example of how much husbandwives can differ can be seen in Husbandwife, the chapter titled 'Dinner.' Look at the introduction of Quin and Robin, then the comparison between Jaime and Casey. An alpha who takes on all the same companions is pretty much unheard of. Robin is all prickly and stabby (and I swear he's a little high pretty much at all times) while Quin is more in the present and analyzing everything that everyone says or does around him, especially about him.

Jaime created the categories to give the alphas ways to describe their companions to him. Before Jaime they were referred to as "the good, the bad, and the ugly" though I don't have my original file to look up where that information can be found. That actually only refers to the B's, C's, and D's. The A's were usually called the good, along with the B's but when they walk into a room alphas drop what thy're doing. A's can pick out other A's instantly (Alex does just that, I believe in the AA chapter, wherein they made eye contact across the hotel lobby and I'm kind of surprised there wasn't blood involved)

It's been probably close to thirty years since Jaime introduced the categories (as a non-G14 he can't simply recognize other kinds) and the common folk picked up on the categories as ways to describe those of the G14 ranks. The government now uses the categories as well. To use against the alphas and in order to charge thyme the 'proper' amount for those removed from society. The government makes a best guess about the categories and then charges alphas accordingly. An A costs a good deal more than a B, which costs double as a C, which costs double a D.

Finding an unregistered G14/R66 is kind of like finding a million bucks on the sidewalk and then having to pay a small tax in order to keep the money.

The "get Paul" motion was as a third opinion before presenting Matt to a group of alphas. If Paul meets Matt and says it's just a family thing, then Blane can take Matt to the meet and greet without concerns. Otherwise the meet and greet could turn into a bloodbath/hump Matt party.

I didn't recognize the attraction, but I believe you're right. When Alex goes into alpha mode, he sees Matt as 'fuckable' just like Blane and Ezra do. That's amusing and I have to wonder if it has something to do with his other oddities, that you will get to read about in the coming chapters.

A mutt, recall, is an alpha who ... is considered bad because thy weren't raised proper. It's very likely that mutts are now being killed on sight, real alphas hate mutts. What you think Matt might be is a public alpha. So far there has been no recorded instance of a public born alpha who hasn't gone all murder-suicide, usually around puberty. Public born alphas tend to be called mutts because the public doesn't know how to raise an alpha properly. If he was a mutt thy would automatically know and while Blane might get a kick out of breaking Matt, it's more likely that Matt'd be handed over to Paul just to be sure no one got hurt.

Keep that thought in mind, though.

Abraham was eighteen at the end of Husbandwife, making him twenty-five now, not old enough to have had Matt, who is three years younger than him. There's yet to be a link between alpha strength and genetics (Paul is not related to Abraham and Peter, Paul's actual son, was less dominant than Blane). G14 has never been traced to specific family lines besides the alpha males breeding more alpha males. I've had quite a discussion with someone over the alpha genetics and I adored it, it's helped a great deal with setting out some plot of G14. Basically if Alex went out and found himself a random woman, his children wouldn't carry the G14 marker barring a female alpha capturing him.

Paul, as near as I can tell, only ever had one husbandwife who hi broke. Peta... I think was hes name. The alpha that tried to rape Ezra but Paul basically threw himself to Peter (which is why Paul named hes son the same) and then ended up breaking the alpha who tried to break hime. All those other companions weren't broken by Paul, hi bought them at auction (as hi bought Casey) or inherited them, or in some cases simply took them from another alpha who mistreated them. Paul's companions were basically orphans. I have no idea what happened to them when Paul stepped back from society but it's a very good bet that they followed Abraham and now serve hime as they did Paul.

I love nattering about my worlds.

Ahh you totally caught me there...when I first started reading HusbandWife I read it over and over, when it finished I reread it (but I think I am going to reread it again, lol). That was forever ago though. I am glad though you explained the differences between mutt's and public alphas. It never crossed my mind that a HusbandWife would give birth to someone with a G14/R66 marker. However, I suppose I did think that an Alpha would give birth to someone with at least a G14 since, that means that they can be broken? So there must be Alphas that can not be broken in the world. So, I guess I should have inferred this from the title, but I am pretty glad we get to know more about the Alphas specifically. Ugh...I guess this means Matt is an A, from the way you responded....TT. I actually like the Alex and Matt interaction thus far, only reason why I am not wishing imminent death upon Matt. I actually like Matt too, even though like I said before it made me err a little uncomfortable (only cause I like Alex, being the first character and everything in the other story). Since Alex seems to be okay with everything except for the fact Blaine has decided to use "his"room to house Matt in. By the way, I thought the territorial Alpha like trait he had would diminish while after he broke, but seems to be there. So I wonder if Alex was like that before but the abuse kind of kept it at bay or if it new entirely to being broken.

The abuse built up to the point of Alex raging once he broke. If Blane hadn't interfered and Alex's father had eventually broken Alex, he likely would have presented like a public alpha. While killing everyone he could catch in a public area.

Blane steered Alex towards a type of bodyguard underscoring. The events right before Alex broke (seeing Ezra's reaction to Abraham's "gift") altered the careful direction but not to the point of a complete relapse.

Blane's yet to tell me if hi was doing this to redirect Alex's anger (it's a lot of years that you can't just wipe away) or because hi was genuinely worried that the war might happen and hi wanted more protection for Ezra's husbandwives. Though in that later case, I'm pretty certain Robin is a type of bodyguard who simple hasn't had to act on his training yet.

• 1 month later...

Well I was surprised that Ezra and Paul are lovers, though I guess it doesn't come as a huge surprise with how close they were. Do they maintain an equal partnership? Or is one the more dominant one (in the way that alphas would break is what I mean)?

I thought a blood transfusion would cause the difference, however I can't think of anything other than a full bone marrow transplant that could possibly cause something like Matt (thought I would expect the other way around, blood testing G14 and the other stuff still being the same). Chimera definitely sounds more plausible.

Well it's definitely weird though, can he still be classified as a type if he doesn't have G14. I can not seem to remember if Jamie is typed or not.

I can't wait till Blaine stops having sex with him, and questions him about his family life. Seems to be something interesting there.

The thing is, that Blaine said he was breaking though? I just don't understand how they could be wrong about it. I think he can be broken.

Thanks for the updates.

Ezra and Paul have a mainly equal relationship. Alphas can be lovers without one breaking the other, though one is typically more above the other. Such as Peter and Blane, I believe Blane is the more dominant one. With Ezra and Paul, Paul is the more dominant one but they're in a unique situation. Ezra has husbandwives, but Paul doesn't. Just because they're lovers doesn't mean Paul can help himself to the husbandwives without Ezra's permission.

And now you've got me thinking about Alex and Matt...

Interesting that the government has imposed so many restrictions on the alphas. So it seems Blane hasn't released his miracle drug to the government? Either that or the Government seems to be keeping it from the general populace. Was Blane just being sarcastic or has Alex rarely been out or out to functions? Or is this due to the hacking Troy has done? Cause it seems, Alex definitely has taken strolls outside and he said before that he and Blane were the only ones that have been in contact with "normal" people. I am not sure why Matt would be able to do that now and Alex can not be seen? Is it because he is involved in the underground thing with Paul?

So male G14's when they break they can't become alphas but females become alphas when they break? I wonder how females subvert an alphas genetic code in order to breed females? Why does Matt think there are females being herded by the government? He worked for them, so he would know, is what I assume?

Well I understand if you can't answer the questions. Every time Alex has conversations with Matt it seems I have more questions then answers.

Nice update, I love the conversations with Matt and Alex, so much information.

Alex has been in contact with "normal" people, but not to functions. Alphas would only really take thyre husbandwives to functions with other alphas. Blane probably has 'forced playdates' with the government, but while hi has to go, hi wouldn't have taken Alex. With the circumstances behind Matt's coming into Blane's possession, I don't think either of them will have a choice.

The female G14s would only be able to be bred as a female alpha if they were broken the way Alex was broken and had the right background. Alex could probably breed as an alpha if he was caught during those 'alpha' times. Personally I think that's why female alphas would only breed certain husbandwives. Alex can turn the alpha on or off, but the theory is that a female alpha would not be able to. There's a reason for that, I can't delve into it yet.

Matt doesn't think females are being herded, he knows they are. He's seen it with his own eyes while the population is told that only one or two of the women with G14 are being removed. It's quite a bit higher. Also, the only way to remove one of these people from the populace is if they have the R66 gene. Good luck breeding them after they break, dear government.

Though there is the slight possibility that the government thinks the R66 is inheritable, as most genes are, rather than simply a marker. Just like the G14, no one knows how the R66 passes on to children. The government could be working under the impression that the more of these non-breeding marker carriers you collect and get rid of, the fewer children can be born with it. They aren't the brightest bunch of people...

• 3 months later...

That was about the reaction of the family and Matt, confused as to what was going on and I actually wrote the chapter to try to capture that. The next chapter does explain why Blane was challenging Theo across the dinner table instead of enjoying his very expensive meal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.