Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this finds you and yours as happy and excited to greet the new year as my little family is,

It’s been an eventful year past with some really emotional extremes: my beautiful baby girl, Steve’s illness just to mention a few. I have to admit there were times I wasn’t sure I’d make it. But with the support of friends and family we persevered, and that include everyone here; there were a lot of shoulders I cried on here and I can’t tell you how much that helped me keep my sanity together so for all the AFF family, a very heartfelt thank you from us all and especially me.

I hope everyone’s new year is a good one, so with that let me wish you again HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

i am embarrassed that I haven’t wished  everyone a happy new year earlier. I do hope that you entire family has a wonderful AND profitable year.

Profit is not  just measured in dollars.

B

Edited by Rescue25

9 hours ago, DirtyAngel said:

thanks DP, I am officially old ;)

but not to old :)

Allow the kids to keep you young by seeing the world through their eyes.

Allow your love to keep you young and live each day in joy, just for itself.

Be blessed with your new year and always look forward, with pride for what you have already accomplished, and no fear of whatever may be ahead.

May you be loved by all that you meet and may all be worthy of your love in return.

Happy Birthday.

52 minutes ago, DirtyAngel said:

thanks guys and I’m not older, I’m a classic ;)

Have fun being a classic.  I must e a fossil.  I turned 66 three days after Christmas.  But I refuse to let my age get to me. I still like to do fun things with and to my SO.  It keeps us young at heart.

Just let Steve, Liz and the girls give you all the loving that they want and you return it to them ten times over and it will keep you young at heart for a long time.

2 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

Well, if you were a programmer, I’d suggest changing the numbering system… what value do you want it to be?  :P

Don't go Sumerian. They used base 60.

BTW all programming numbering systems but hexadecimal will end up showing higher numeric values. IIRC, sixty can be represented as 001111, 74, or 3C (binary - read 1s/2s/4s/8s/16s/32s, octal - read 8s/1s or hex - read 16s/1s ).

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rescue25 said:

Yeah !!  This corner used to be real active.  What happened???

A baby ? ? ?

Three-hour nap times ? ? ?

Hopefully not any more issues with overactive cell growth locations ! ! ! 

I was joking about the dearth of commentary but not intending it to be accusatory. I figure that comments will appear once mommas and daddy are able to comment again.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, angeldust said:

Well it’s been over a month now since one of them posted and hopefully it’s still just the Holidays, but it would be nice to hear from them that they are alright.

Heartily seconded.

Actually, if DA is teaching early elementary, then Magus is likely playing baby-watcher at least part of the day.

Edited by darthel0101

13 hours ago, darthel0101 said:

Heartily seconded.

Actually, if DA is teaching early elementary, then Magus is likely playing baby-watcher at least part of the day.

True, but they still could log in to tell us howt hey are doing; I already had friends whose 2017 has started to turn badly and hopefully they are not in that grouping.

Edited by angeldust

20 hours ago, angeldust said:

Well it’s been over a month now since one of them posted and hopefully it’s still just the Holidays, but it would be nice to hear from them that they are alright.

I agree with the above.  I have , so far, been the only one to comment on 22.  Used to be we got a lot of activity on here when a new one went up.

Would be nice if Mangus would pop in every week so so just to say BOO.  Still miss the SB where timing was not critical to see some of the postings.

B

I've been rereading the series and have a few complaints about inconsistencies in the series.

1. Navigation 1 - the China coast around Hong Kong is about 6,000 miles from San Diego but 10,000 miles from the Panama Canal and that route from TX is NOT recommended for covert traffic.
  2. Navigation 2 - the Yukon Territory is accessible just running the coast for a few thousand miles from CA but requires, again, LOOONG detours from the TX coast.
  3. Submarine tech 1 - O2 generation was one of the first things dealt with when the USS Nautilus was designed; it is a requirement for allowing a sub to stay submerged for any length of time. Convert CO2 into methane and water using CATALYTIC conversion and electrolyze the water for O2. This is also how NASA clears the air on long missions.
  4. Submarine tech 2 - subs draft a HUGE amount of water when compared to vessel size. If the sub could not approach the beach in Rome because of rocks then the drop off would be a few man-heights instead of only a few feet. This also limits exterior access to interior bays to, generally, the vertical. I realize that the LUTES is amphibious and at least one bay could be set up for cross-boat access to the ground when beached, but that access would be well submerged when afloat.
  5. Underwater explosions - Wiki states that blast waves travel FASTER than the speed of sound. Please note that the speed of sound in air at sea level is approximately 340 meters per second while the speed of sound in water is approximately 1450 meters per second. 
  6. Legion is at home with Mika, and missing a lot of mass, after the mountain battle. How did he suddenly appear in D.C. for the meeting with the Pres.? Also, Legion has used "aerosol" dispersal already in covert actions - read hostage negotiations - why was a physical violation required for the meeting when the instigator was expected to be there? Carry enough of a cloud and infiltrate all present - IIRC, about 5, ignoring Secret Service - for brain mapping.

Comments ?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.