Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

Thanks for the update.  The weather I have been looking at was general – not specific location.  Concerned remembering last times things were getting very wet.  Us guys got to be really sick to let it be known to you.  You and Liz can probably see through verbal statements.

B

Sorry to hear that he is still getting sick from the shots.  But with you and Liz there he can not just tell you that he is doing fine.  Well we dodged another bad storm again.  Florida room ceiling still leaked.  But when it gets dryer here i will be pulling the rest of the wood down in the corner and repairing dry rot from when the room was dry walled over 40 years ago and the water was just leaking into the ceiling over the last 20 years.  Grandson pit a tarp on the rest of the roof over the living room to stop the leak there.  Will be repairing the roof when it quits raining and roof dries out.

Kari, please keep an eye on Steve for all of us and inform him my wife and my hopes and wishes go out to him and you and your family during this time of his healing.

Next month I have to figure out where I am taking my wife on Halloween to keep her from breaking down.  She lost her first daughter to cancer when she was only six and every year since we have been married I take her somewhere to make it a lovely evening for her.  For years I just held her on that night to easy her suffering.

Well have to take the turkey out of the oven.  She wanted turkey and dressing for supper and I am fixing it for her.  The family said that it was not Thanksgiving and I said so what. It was what she wanted and so I am fixing it for her. 

so Steve is feeling much better, he seems stronger with the new chemo but I think he just doesn't feel as sick. I know his appetite is back so that has to be good. He says he has more energy and has been a lot more playful than he's been for a while, so I tend to believe him. So everyone is very hopeful here, been a pretty good week, lot more laughter in the house :) give your wife a hug for me and tell her I said thanks, and thanks to you, for keeping us in your thoughts.

and give her a hug, I know it has to be unbelievably hard to lose your baby like that. I don't think it matters where you take her, as long as you show her how much you love her, I think that's what helps he through that day. And give her another hug from me ;) maybe a kiss too

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Steve, I got a question for ya.

What's the shockwave propagation speed of an underwater explosion?

Isn't it near to if not past the speed of sound in that medium?

Even going by the explosive flash, if you are underwater, that shockwave will arrive one bell of a lot faster than thunder after a lightning strike due to the higher speed of sound in a LIQUID environment. From wiki,  sound travels at 343.2 m/s in air; it travels at 1,484 m/s in water (4.3 times as fast as in air)

At the point of the explosion, it could certainly go faster, because you’ll have high pressure/temperature.  However, that energy will dissipate as the shockwave moves outward, slowing it down.   Noise from the shockwave will propagate about the speed of sound.   Without getting more details and running the numbers, I can’t get more specific (nor do I really feel like running the numbers at the moment).

- DP

It depends on depth, temperature, salinity. The main problem with a shallow explosion is the water hammer as the cavitation bubble collapses, it moves faster than sound but takes a second or two to form, or so I understand – fluid dynamics really isn’t my field and I was a ground pounder not a squid :)

Steve and Kari, just finished reading the lastest chapter.

Really enjoyed it.  Nice to see that no one died in it.  Also nice to see that Rick is going to have a baby with Suzy and Tat.

Can’t wait the see the outcome with Mel and her mother.  Also hate to be the bad guy in the Oval Office when Max is done with him.  JUst hope that it is not Charles as the mole.

Will have to wait for the next chapter.  Release it at your own time with health prevailing.

Hope that your family is giving you all their loving everyday.

Hoping for a healthy recovery for you.  Until later.

Glad you all were able to get another one posted.  Don’t forget “The Pub”.  Seems to me you have have been doing a lot of “bouncing back” the last couple of years.  One question.  Why are Secret Service agents in the meeting room with top level officials??  Are they going to take someone in custody or discharge their weapons into a hologram?

B

5 hours ago, Rescue25 said:

Glad you all were able to get another one posted.  Don’t forget “The Pub”.  Seems to me you have have been doing a lot of “bouncing back” the last couple of years.  One question.  Why are Secret Service agents in the meeting room with top level officials??  Are they going to take someone in custody or discharge their weapons into a hologram?

B

They are in the room to protect everyone in the room in case the tangos get pass the ones outside of the door.  Of course as gun happy as some of them are they just might shoot the hologram.  

It a wonder that they did not try to throw they bodies over the president when the flyers started to form up.

Guess we will have to wait to see what Steve and Kari have in mind.

Love the way that they kept Legion as a midget.  Wonder if that is because of Kari. Hs ha.

Hi Steve and Kari,

I hope you are feeling better Steve. Miss you two in the chat area.

I wrote a new story that uses F/F with some funny bondage and innuendo scenes. Can’t believe I did that without any blatant sex.

Hope to here from you guys soon.

LHF

Steve and Kari and you loving family.  Well looks like we are going to have more bad weather heading our way with Hurricane Matthew due to hit the Sunshine state by Friday. Looks Like the track is up the East coast.

So Steve how are feeling with the newer treatment.  Hope it is getting better and less painful.

On 10/5/2016 at 4:34 PM, Rescue25 said:

@Sniper   I hope you are on the west side of the state.  Looks like the east side may be due a butt kicking.

B

On 10/5/2016 at 4:34 PM, Rescue25 said:

@Sniper   I hope you are on the west side of the state.  Looks like the east side may be due a butt kicking.

B

Steve and Kari and you loving family.  Well looks like we are going to have more bad weather heading our way with Hurricane Matthew due to hit the Sunshine state by Friday. Looks Like the track is up the East coast.

So Steve how are feeling with the newer treatment.  Hope it is getting better and less painful.

Yes I am on the west side of the state.  Hope that all of you in its path are safe and secured and if you can i really hope that you all get to safe harbor and be safe until it is over.

Steve and Kari, Please take great care of your family and get to a safe area of you have to.

Will talk with you all when it is over and you are all back home and safe.

God speed to you all and keep safe. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.