Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

Nice to see that you have gotten home.  Please for everyone there and out here stay there for awhile.  Just sit back and enjoy the loving that your family is going to give to you.:rolleyes::hug:

Here is also wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery.

2 hours ago, magusfang said:

I did male it home, bit sick still but up and moving around

Glad you’re in “big bed” territory.  Still wonder if you left sooner than you should.?  Listen CAREFULLY to your resident MD.  Or you will revisiting the “popsicle stand” as Kari calls it.

B

We're keeping a close eye on him, all of us. Mon scolded him for picking her up, though she didn't make much of an effort to get down :P

he's doing better but he was very sick and is still fighting cancer, as Lizzie keeps telling him “remission is not cured”, and he's not a young man anymore. But he's a stubborn cuss ;) , thinks he should rebound like he did twenty years ago. Are all men so hard headed? :-/

Yes Kari, is males do think that we are as young and strong as we were twenty or thirty years ago, but that is way we have our family around to keep us straight and pick out butts when we get out of line.  My wife still says that I am a big baby when I am hurt.  I tell her I am stronger every day and she said Bill.  Then I agree with her that I was wrong and play cuddle with her.  

When I almost lost her I made that promise to her the one above that she was going to get whatever she wanted because she was stronger then me.  

Keep giving him all your love and tell him much everyone cares for him and that he is to listen to the Dr and nurses to have a healthy recovery.  

Yes inform him again that remission is not cured.  We can not take pills like we did twenty years ago and feel cured.

Our prays go out to you and Steve and your family for a speedy recovery.

Keep strong Steve. 

3 hours ago, DirtyAngel said:

We're keeping a close eye on him, all of us. Mon scolded him for picking her up, though she didn't make much of an effort to get down :P

he's doing better but he was very sick and is still fighting cancer, as Lizzie keeps telling him “remission is not cured”, and he's not a young man anymore. But he's a stubborn cuss ;) , thinks he should rebound like he did twenty years ago. Are all men so hard headed? :-/

It is a male genetic thing.  Of course we get that way after being around females.  :wub:

B

I go on because I have the best person next to me at all time.  She has been by my side for 36 years.  She has seen the worst and the best side of me.  I have been her pillarvin her time of need in 2000 and 2006.  2000 when she have a small heart attack and in 2006 when she went into the hospital for her gall bladder operation.  But she was there for me when I broke my ankle, took out both knees and vein repair.

I would not want any other person there but the love of my life.

It was in 2006 that I almost lost her three times in the hospital and swore to the one above and to the family that she was number one in my life for now on.  Yes I admit that I can be hard headed at time, but she is there to tell me to calm down and get my act (sh*t) together.

Have you thought about the Coast Guard??

B

3 hours ago, that-one-guy said:

So I'm weighing my options between army, navy and air force. If I go army, I want to go as a paratrooper or EOD. Navy and Air force would be as either weapons engineer or avionics engineer. Figured this was as good a place as any- given the number of vets- to ask for some opinions. Thanks

Go Army of you want to.  Ranger or Green Beret, Delta.  Navy Seal, EOD, or even a Diver.  Air Force special ops.  Those are some good choices.  45 years ago started jumping out of good airplanes after going through BUDS.  WAs just retired from the field last year. Now instead of going out in the field I train others to do it.  Alnd Rescue it was at my wife's request when I was wounded at 64 years of age.  Stupid me did not duck and drop at the right time.  Also rehurting the knees on the last jump did not help.  So yes some of us are still hard headed.

Steve, how are feeling today.  Getting enough loving from all the girls in your family.  Just remember that keeping things from the ones that you love will come back on you twice as hard.:rolleyes:

Hey all, doing good, can't be bad since literally everyone is watching me like a hawk, even Monkey is getting all maternal lol it's hard not to just scoop her up when she scolds me lol

so slogging away at the next chapter of shadows, going slow but still going,  Since Kari started working we haven't had much writing time, hate that she went back to work but she just wasn't ready to quit, oh well.

kids are good, Mouse is crawling and even taking her first shaky steps, kids moves like greased lightening now, kind of worried about when she gets up on two feet LOL she is definitely going to be trouble but she's a godsend, makes me get up even when I don't want to, she has definitely made all this crap easier to take.

They are only watching you BECAUSE you need to be watched.  Getting hurt/sick and going back to the “popsicle stand” AND scaring the bejabbers out of everyone.    I think Kari needs to herd cats some more to give her a break from the medical issues you and she seem to have.  :rolleyes:

The fact that she will leave you for a while, doing her hearding, does speak well for your recovery.  Is Liz back at work now??

Wanting the next chapter of Shadows – damn well do BUT much rather you get well.  Don’t push it.  Your health is more important than the story.  I suspect you have heard that verbally with a lot more emotion that I can put in here.

Please pop in at least every week or so with an update on you.

B

Great to hear that you are doing okey.  Nice to see that they are giving you lots of loving, even if Monkey is scolding you for picking her up.  She just wants her daddy to be around a while for her and Mouse.  Kari and Liz also wants you around for awhile also.

Keep up the great healing and don't rush getting the chapters out of it is going to put you back in the hospital.  No story is worth the writers health.

My wife says to give all your family our love and she wishes you a speedy and healthy recovery.

Starting to pour here.  Hit to check the house out for leaks.

Talk with you all later.

Couple of them once.  A small leak in the living room.  Florida room had many leaks that I had to pull the ceiling to fix them.  When they put the second story on the house over the garage and Florida room they did not seal it right.  Now I have to find the leaks and fix them.  Good thing that I have grandchildren to do that for me.  The reason is that my wife will not let me get on the roof.  She says with the bad knees that I have she does not want me on the roof.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.