Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

yeah, i remember feeling woozy in the nicu and sitting down and staring at the blood on my legs, then it was Lizzie smiling and crying as she petted my face, lost almost 3 weeks i guess

no, won't be breast feeding, that ship sank when i got infected, but I do get to see her a couple hours a day. Wish it was more but I'm still pretty weak and I guess they don't want to tax me too much. the docs aren't very happy about it but I kind of insisted, told them make it happen or we were leaving :P

Way to go. Make them understand what is important. You bonding with Angie is EXTREMELY important, in my opinion. Sorry they cant get the milk back but at least let you feed her the bottle. ;)

On the serious side don't push discharge. YOU need to be well up and around as well as the Angie. I know you have a built in nurse but sometimes the facilities available in a hospital setting out weigh home care especially with a premie.

I suspect Steve would go all growl on them is they tried to open the bed too soon. Been there done that.

Keep the faith. Look at the bright side - you don't have to slide around in the white stuff.

B

Edited by Rescue25

As he said take the time to have the hospital take care of you so that when you do go home you are rested & well enough to take care of her. Yes, it is important that you have bonding time with your little one and feeding her is a good way because she will know that it is mommy holding her. My wife couldn't breast feed either but she loved feeding Samantha and I got to change her as required, hospital insisted upon that from me!

She's one lucky little girl to have a mommy that realises what is important. Your outlook reminds me of my Bunny, her and my daughter were close right up until her death. You also make sure that she always comes first and knows it too; fangface and Lizzie will understand & support you, you'll have one happy and well adjusted (if not kookie) lil girl.

sorry, been writing and between that DA, the kids and the animals I'm working harder than I did before I retired.

I've finished a few chapters but not sure how to get there, pretty big gap lol, working on it though

sorry, been writing and between that DA, the kids and the animals I'm working harder than I did before I retired.

I've finished a few chapters but not sure how to get there, pretty big gap lol, working on it though

Thanks for the update.

Take care of DA, though. She and the kids are waaay more important than the story.

What's up with "the animals"?

but none of the wives, kids and animals are shooting at you (well, not yet)

Thanks for the update.

Take care of DA, though. She and the kids are waaay more important than the story.

What's up with "the animals"?

From what I've been able to glean they "he:" have acquired a cow, a goat and some pigs (farm type). Oh and forgot the horse and there was talk of additional horses for the "other kids". DA still in hospital with Liz staying there to look after DA and newborn.

He's trying to maintain homestead AND travel to hosp. to look after DA. As JoeLong said no incoming IF you don't count

things from the cow and horse. :wow:

B

Know you've been BUSY. Good to hear from you.

B

they think I got my conception date wrong, she was probably just a few weeks early. she's about 8 pounds i think, lizzie knows the exact weight, she's doing the well baby stuff, I'm kinda trying to get myself healed up so we can go home. she is a chubby little thing, but everyone says she's fine so I'm not gonna worry about it, I trust Lizzie, she's mom too after all

yep 7 pounds 6 and 1/4 ounces. she put most of it on those first few weeks while I was out, I was shocked at how big she had gotten. she was just at three pounds when she was born, around ten inches and so scrawny :(. but she's beautiful now, has Magus's nose but its a cute nose.

now I ask you how could you mistake her for that giant eyed thing he posted ;-/, still a bit peeved about that :P (so never letting him live that down lol)

Did a little look back looks like 1/26 2lbs 4oz.to 7lb 8oz now. Either wrong birth weight OR Magus is going to have to build another house just for her if she keeps going like that. ^_^

wrong weight, it was 3 pounds plus. I guess he can be forgiven though, he was pretty shook up afterwards, it happened kind of fast :P

then I kinda went to hell on them, he's still a little hover and treating me like I'll shatter if he touches me too hard. He'll calm down though, or we'll have a little talk

You've been through a hell of a trauma. Can't fault him for being nervous about your condition. If he didn't love you he wouldn't be that concerned. The fact that he and Liz are "smothering" you shows the depth of their love for you. YOU went through the physical trauma BUT they had their own trauma out of concern for you! Different but the same?

Keep healing. Love Angie. All will be good in time.

B

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.