Click Here!

thought of the day

I remember when I was growing up that the stores put out Halloween stuff in mid October. After Halloween, they marketed Thanksgiving, with cards, pretty serving dishes, hostess gifts, table linens. It was pretty neat. After Thanksgiving, the Christmas stuff went up. There was no two-month ramp-up to a holiday that's become largely secular, after starting out as a perversion of a very sacred time of year for those of us who celebrate things a lot older than Christmas.

Let's put the Mithras back in December, folks, and bring back the Solstice vigil, and the Yule log.

I'm cooking. With any luck, I won't get another phone call which will make me want to avoid holidays for the rest of my life, while my hand is shoved up a turkey's ass.

my problem is when I see somethng one of them would like during the year, I buy it and give it to them, so when xmas comes they already have what would have been a great gift can't help it, I like seeing them smile!