Click Here!

The Wolf's Snare - feedback, review replies, notes and crazy ramblings

JustS

I'm gonna assume that you didn't get the chapter finished. If something came up, We all understand. But there's always next week.

This is why I hate predicting release dates X(

I was waylaid a little by sinus problems and a concert. However, I have been soldiering through just for you guys. I have a day off of work today so I'm really pushing to get both A and B chapters done by bed time. Stay tuned!

Chapter 8A and 8B are now up.

As you can tell from their titles, this part has been split up across multiple chapters as it was getting exceedingly long.

Though this means you'll be getting a shorter update on this occasion, the trade off is that I have a lot of content almost ready to go for future chapters. As a result, they'll be less of a wait for the next update.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think as always. Feel free to have your say in this opinion poll, too:

Would you like a little bit of plot, to maybe follow up on the bandit situation, or are you just happy with just smut until the end?

Edited by JustS

Guest Guest

I say NO to the bandits as well. Maybe some "accidental" anal? And then Lara and/or Jen discovering that they enjoy it? But yeah, NO bandits please. Thank you.

Guest KeeWee

Yeah I'd prefer the story without the bandits as well. But that's just my opinion. And mainly because I can't really see an avenue where they would fit in the current story setting, (especially the B setting). But hey, if you found a plausible way why not.

One thing I want to ask. As the story/stories progress will you begin to further separate the paths? Essentially you are writing two different story arcs between the "mystical" and more "realistic" paths. So far you've just added a few sentences inferring and acknowledging their pregnancies in the B path's. And rightfully so considering at the moment they are still much on the same arc. I was just curious if that would change as the stories develop and their arcs begin to change more.

As I've mentioned before, I've had so much positive and respectful responses to The Wolf's Snare, but some negative comments have built up over time. I'd like to quickly address those now:

A) Stop being 'lazy' and asking us for suggestions on the plot - in response to a long, ungrateful and faintly abrasive review by user Serperior_Queen: I'm not asking for people to come up with the entire plot for me. The decision to ask for feedback on the story direction was just to get an idea of what people wanted to see - I only continued beyond the first couple of chapters as a thank you to all the readers out there, and the feedback was an extension of that thanks. To call me 'lazy' is ignorant and disrespectful, particularly since I do this in my own free time for no pay for your entertainment. It's not easy.

B) GAWD! I hate X, Y or Z!! - that's your prerogative, as is your right to post your opinion. Just don't respond like some petulant kid that can't get his/her way. You can't have everything and life isn't perfect. Relating back to my last comment; remember you're talking to a human being - not just a name and avatar image - treat me as such.

C) The A/B versions are too similar - The dual stories are meant to account for the two groups of fans who wanted either a preg or non-preg story. I never promised diverging elements beyond that (though I would've liked to have attempted that had I the spare time). Just think of it like a kink tick-box - click A for no preg, B for preg. And don't complain about 're-used' content or that I'm wasting my time doing both - they aren't both meant for you.

D) Get back to the wolves! - don't worry, I will. I'm mixing it up a bit with some Lara/Jennifer action at the moment to add some variety and provide what a number of fans requested. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder and the same thing over and over again gets boring.

Apologies if some of that came off sounding abrasive. Again, most of your comments have been positive or at least phrased in a respectful and constructive manner but one or two people just needed a response/explanation.

Edited by JustS

Guest Serperior_Queen

As I've mentioned before, I've had so much positive and respectful responses to The Wolf's Snare, but some negative comments have built up over time. I'd like to quickly address those now:

A) Stop being 'lazy' and asking us for suggestions on the plot - in response to a long, ungrateful and faintly abrasive review by user Serperior_Queen: I'm not asking for people to come up with the entire plot for me. The decision to ask for feedback on the story direction was just to get an idea of what people wanted to see - I only continued beyond the first couple of chapters as a thank you to all the readers out there, and the feedback was an extension of that thanks. To call me 'lazy' is ignorant and disrespectful, particularly since I do this in my own free time for no pay for your entertainment. It's not easy.

B) GAWD! I hate X, Y or Z!! - that's your prerogative, as is your right to post your opinion. Just don't respond like some petulant kid that can't get his/her way. You can't have everything and life isn't perfect. Relating back to my last comment; remember you're talking to a human being - not just a name and avatar image - treat me as such.

C) The A/B versions are too similar - The dual stories are meant to account for the two groups of fans who wanted either a preg or non-preg story. I never promised diverging elements beyond that (though I would've liked to have attempted that had I the spare time). Just think of it like a kink tick-box - click A for no preg, B for preg. And don't complain about 're-used' content or that I'm wasting my time doing both - they aren't both meant for you.

D) Get back to the wolves! - don't worry, I will. I'm mixing it up a bit with some Lara/Jennifer action at the moment to add some variety and provide what a number of fans requested. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder and the same thing over and over again gets boring.

Apologies if some of that came off sounding abrasive. Again, most of your comments have been positive or at least phrased in a respectful and constructive manner but one or two people just needed a response/explanation.

Hey, if you can't take criticism, well, I'm afraid that's your own problem. Begging for readers to tell you what to write for your story is lazy. Copying and pasting entire chapters is lazy. There isn't 'two groups of fans' reading *just* one chapter of each version. Don't be so ridiculous.

Hey, if you can't take criticism, well, I'm afraid that's your own problem. Begging for readers to tell you what to write for your story is lazy. Copying and pasting entire chapters is lazy. There isn't 'two groups of fans' reading *just* one chapter of each version. Don't be so ridiculous.

I can take criticism but I can't stand thoughtless and needlessly abrasive arse holes.

Read back in this thread and the reviews and you'll see people who were strongly in favour of a preg or non-preg direction. I'm catering to both.

If you don't like that or anything else about the story that's your prerogative. There's absolutely no need to be an abusive dick to me. You must have something better to do with your time.

First topic post on AFF's forums, here we go.

-

Don't know if you remeber me from reviewing earlier, however, I have been following the story from a distance for some time now (I tend not to heavily review stories as much as I once did, usually when i do, the story stops getting updated).

I can't speak much for the quality of the story going down, it seems to be holding steady and I don't notice any style change between Chp1 and Chp8A. It's not a plot-heavy fic, but it is blessing us with some sort of plot that, within the weird TR universe, makes sense.

What I find most interesting about the story is that it's not dead, rather, it's flourishing with ideas. While I myself DO NOT CARE about where it plans to go, more smut or plot, I am interested in seeing what will be done.

There is one 'issue', if it can even be called that, and even at that point, it's more of a personal problem and not very reversible: The split-story concept.

When it started out, I liked it, the idea seemed very cool and I could tell by the fine blend of description and flow in the writing that it would be great to see your talents shift two different ways as time went on. Only one other story I had EVER read had a writer that was b@11sy enoughy to try and do a split direction story. (It ended up being dropped in a short amount of time, it's like I'm cursed).

It has failed to deliver though, at least, thus far. While granted we've only really gotten just some more wolf-banging and female bonding, It's awkward to almost re-read the same story with about 50-75 extra words thrown in. I AM hoping that we do see some considerable difference between the two paths soon, but the lack of difference is a difficult scenario to bear. Hence whey I said it's more like a personal issue. There is nothing that CAN be done to rectify this problem right now, we can only hope that there ends up being more differences between the versions as it progresses.

My idea would be putting the 'Return of the Bandits' in the slightly more plot-ready pregnancy route (would also get 'dem feelz' for those who want to see dominate wolves protects their b*cnhes and cubs) while the non-pregnancy route stays smut only for a time? The main reason I put this theory forth is because I look at the response and reviews on this forum and in the story's review section, and I don't *think* see two seperate groups reading two seperates stories, more like one large group reading two similiar stories at once. Putting one future idea in one version and the other future plans in the other isn't going to alienate anyone if I'm right. (I've been wrong before though).

It's been an interesting ride thus far, and your writing is enough to raise phalluses and probably wetten vaginas. This complaint would be the sole REAL issue I actually can say I have with the story thus far, and again, it's likely going to be rectified in time.

Speaking of which, Take your time. DO NOT let people start pressuring you to put this out so fast that it lessens your quality of work or takes away from your real life!

That's all I have to say...

- - -

Destroyahirismix666

First topic post on AFF's forums, here we go.

-

Don't know if you remeber me from reviewing earlier, however, I have been following the story from a distance for some time now (I tend not to heavily review stories as much as I once did, usually when i do, the story stops getting updated).

I can't speak much for the quality of the story going down, it seems to be holding steady and I don't notice any style change between Chp1 and Chp8A. It's not a plot-heavy fic, but it is blessing us with some sort of plot that, within the weird TR universe, makes sense.

What I find most interesting about the story is that it's not dead, rather, it's flourishing with ideas. While I myself DO NOT CARE about where it plans to go, more smut or plot, I am interested in seeing what will be done.

There is one 'issue', if it can even be called that, and even at that point, it's more of a personal problem and not very reversible: The split-story concept.

When it started out, I liked it, the idea seemed very cool and I could tell by the fine blend of description and flow in the writing that it would be great to see your talents shift two different ways as time went on. Only one other story I had EVER read had a writer that was b@11sy enoughy to try and do a split direction story. (It ended up being dropped in a short amount of time, it's like I'm cursed).

It has failed to deliver though, at least, thus far. While granted we've only really gotten just some more wolf-banging and female bonding, It's awkward to almost re-read the same story with about 50-75 extra words thrown in. I AM hoping that we do see some considerable difference between the two paths soon, but the lack of difference is a difficult scenario to bear. Hence whey I said it's more like a personal issue. There is nothing that CAN be done to rectify this problem right now, we can only hope that there ends up being more differences between the versions as it progresses.

My idea would be putting the 'Return of the Bandits' in the slightly more plot-ready pregnancy route (would also get 'dem feelz' for those who want to see dominate wolves protects their b*cnhes and cubs) while the non-pregnancy route stays smut only for a time? The main reason I put this theory forth is because I look at the response and reviews on this forum and in the story's review section, and I don't *think* see two seperate groups reading two seperates stories, more like one large group reading two similiar stories at once. Putting one future idea in one version and the other future plans in the other isn't going to alienate anyone if I'm right. (I've been wrong before though).

It's been an interesting ride thus far, and your writing is enough to raise phalluses and probably wetten vaginas. This complaint would be the sole REAL issue I actually can say I have with the story thus far, and again, it's likely going to be rectified in time.

Speaking of which, Take your time. DO NOT let people start pressuring you to put this out so fast that it lessens your quality of work or takes away from your real life!

That's all I have to say...

- - -

Destroyahirismix666

Thanks for the kind words and eloquent feedback. I could say a lot to respond and explain where my head is currently at but I think it would take too much time. I guess my main points are that, as I mentioned previously, diverging paths would take a lot more time to write. Maybe I should take your comment about taking my time to heart though - attempting to placate people on a timely basis so far hasn't done me any favours, it seems.

@pairofdimes

Thanks for taking the time to review. As always, I'm taking everything into consideration.

Guest Tits McGee

I know this is weird but, this whole situation is weird, would Lara and Jen kiss the wolves? It just seems like something that would happen. But I guess it's more like they just lick each others tongues if they did.

Thank you to the last few posters for the positive words.

I think I will take a little break from this story so I can get the upcoming structure planned out, and maybe cleanse my palate a little.

You can find 22 other fics by myself over on my main AFF profile, several of them are beasts if that's what you're in the market for: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296802924&view=story

Guest Serperior_Queen

I can take criticism but I can't stand thoughtless and needlessly abrasive arse holes.

Read back in this thread and the reviews and you'll see people who were strongly in favour of a preg or non-preg direction. I'm catering to both.

If you don't like that or anything else about the story that's your prerogative. There's absolutely no need to be an abusive dick to me. You must have something better to do with your time.

Oh, you thought that was ABUSIVE? Oh, Honey. I pity you if you're ever in a job where people have to give you actual criticism. And the 'you must have better things to do with your time' is so 2005. You know how long it takes me to write a review or a post on here? Maybe five minutes. It's worth it. Stop being such a little baby and learn how to write actual stories without this ridiculous a/b plot bullshit.

Guest KeeWee

Oh, you thought that was ABUSIVE? Oh, Honey. I pity you if you're ever in a job where people have to give you actual criticism. And the 'you must have better things to do with your time' is so 2005. You know how long it takes me to write a review or a post on here? Maybe five minutes. It's worth it. Stop being such a little baby and learn how to write actual stories without this ridiculous a/b plot bullshit.

Haha wow this is sad...... Do you notice how you are pretty much the only person here being a complete asshole? Might want to change that part of your personality. Its not that it only takes you 5 minutes, its the fact that you are continuing to return to something you have shown clear disdain for when you should have just voiced your displeasure and let it go. Continuing to make an ass of yourself isn't going to benefit anyone. But I didn't know the common retort "you must have better things to do with your time" was solely connected to the year 2005. That's pretty interesting.

Haha wow this is sad...... Do you notice how you are pretty much the only person here being a complete asshole? Might want to change that part of your personality. Its not that it only takes you 5 minutes, its the fact that you are continuing to return to something you have shown clear disdain for when you should have just voiced your displeasure and let it go. Continuing to make an ass of yourself isn't going to benefit anyone. But I didn't know the common retort "you must have better things to do with your time" was solely connected to the year 2005. That's pretty interesting.

This. All of this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise! Here are chapter 10 A and 10 B.

Hopefully this short all-smut chapter will satisfy a fair few of you.

Don't expect the next chapter for a while. I have a very clear plan for it but again it's a matter of finding the time for it between this and another side project I've started.

For those who have no idea what it is to write these osrts of stories, let me help educate you. Most writers start these stories as one-shots, with no desire to take them further, and no idea where to go. When an author asks for input it isn't because they are lazy, or taking the 'easy way out,' it is because they have no idea what the readers who asked for the fic to go beyond that first chapter want.

S is just trying to figure out what those who wanted him to continue want to read him write. As for as the double chapters that rad so close to one another... the man has said it too many times, so let me, "For those wanting to read a story of Lara being pregnant, read the chapters marked 'B'." He has done all he needs to regarding his responsability to the readers wanting either one or the other. If you want both? read both... don't bitch about how he does it.

If you want it to differ significantly, try this: Have Lara give birth to her litter, and tend them. Honestly, that is the only time this should differ.

Let me say to you 'S', Great job so far, and let it roll off if someone wants to piss on your work. You have huge brass nadgers to even write this, and great talent. I say this, and your Lara would agree: "This is the dogs."

B.

@Boo Yeah

Thank you for the words of support. My nadgers feel extra brassier after that adroit and bombastic review!

Guest Boo Yeah

You're most welcome.

I'm not certain how adroit I am (thank you for saying so),but perhapse bombastic is closer than I want to admit.

Really, you would not believe the number of eulogies, and political speeches I'm asked to write... by the loosing side.

Just kidding.

I will again say you have great talent, and a well intentioned, well earned army of admirers.

As far as the trolls who have no bollocks, or any real talent to bring to bear in defense of their impotent bashing? Don't bother with them at all. A wise man tosses fresh piles of shite on a barren field, doesn't respond to their noxious stench by engaging them in conversation. Let their stink fill the air till it fades... it'll hurt them more if you ignore them.

Keep the wolves happy; both the ones reading Lara, and the ones reeming Lara.

Never thought I'd get a stiffy reading about this... fuck!

B.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.