Click Here!

This useless site

Guest Aerianna69

Guest Aerianna69

I'm sorry to inform you and those that are in control of this site. But you have done lost too many people as it is from your "lack" of better knowledge on how to run sites as it is. You should know that taking someones stories off with out just cause and beforehand notification is not something smart to do. Especially when you don't even have a notification section on this site. People have to put their emails in so why not use them? Oh, what am I doing giving idiots an idea because they won't follow it anyway. Just to let you know that you have basically went far down on the popularity rung and now more people are looking forward to putting their stuff on sites that are not affiliated nor want to be affiliated with piss poor sites like this. People want to write stories not have those who "think" they know about writing judge them and if one little person says something you take their stories off? If that is what you are doing then this site needs to be shut down. Because no one wants a site that has no proof of what they are even thinking about in a site. You have no idea what people have to do just to keep their stories on your sites because of your "lack" of technical knowledge/Literary Knowledge. So guess what? We are all going to join other sites where drunk ass people aren't running the helm and where people actually read our stories and can't wait for the next chapters. Oh and my story that you keep on knocking off isn't harming anyone. All it is is my rendition of Naruto even though it is going through the entire timeline doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with it. But you want to know the humorous part of the story? Already more than five chapters and already have more people wanting to read it than most of the stories you guys support. I have more reviewers/followers for this one story that you guys will never see on your site not counting my other works will be taken off since you cannot even fathom what real fanfiction is. Oh, enjoy your little "advertisements" that give people viruses on your site btw. If anyone was smart they would no longer go onto the site. And for those who are actually looking forward to my stories. You will find me on Archive of Your Own and yes I will keep it on fanfiction since they appear to be better on every bit of it than this site. Sorry to say but you shouldn't even have fanfiction in your name considering you are the lower life form of a bigger fanbase. Good bye and enjoy your time while it lasts since it appears that only the noobs have been staying on your site.

Annie Angel

First of all, kiddo, you need to be 18 to use this site, which I'm assuming you're not, given how inarticulate your rant is. That is rule number one, and when broken will have your story deleted without notice.

Also, if you plagiarize stories, you get deleted, pronto.

Second of all, the amazing staff on this site works tirelessly to keep this place up and running for us, without pay and in their own time. That is, they all volunteer their time, in between taking care of themselves, their families, their real life shit and real life work.

And just so you know, much of the staff here have been working with computers since they first appeared on the public market, which was probably before you were even born, so the argument that they don't know what they're doing is just laughable.

That being said, they do not monitor content, nor quality (or lack there of) of the work that is posted here.

The only reason they hide stories is when people can't use the tags properly, or other rules about posting, such as excessively long author notes. When stories do not comply with the rules, the staff starts by putting a review on the story, asking for the problem to be fixed, and if that is not met, then they hide the story, and send you an email, stating what needs to be fixed. If you do not fix it, yes, then eventually, the story gets deleted.

So, sweetie, if your story has been deleted, then maybe you should take a breath and consider what you did wrong, instead of putting up a poorly written, angry rant, accusing the staff here of shit that is so untrue that it's utterly laughable.

And maybe you should just wait until you turn 18, and then try again?

And also, this site is completely unaffiliated with any other fan fiction site out there. This is a completely independent site.

One, very happy customer.

(and sorry, DG, I just couldn't leave it. I'm ok with it if you delete this. :blush: )

EDIT: oh, and by the way, I just checked out your AO3 site, and FanFiction.net sites… the links you provided work fine. Both of your stories are still up on AFF, so I really don't see what your problem is.

Edited by WillowDarkling

She's actually over 18. The issue was and is that we do NOT allow the type of fiction she wants to post. Where the bulk of it is script and/or book data, and NOT original content. I'm sorry, but we can't allow it. You were emailed multiple times as to why. You insisted on reposting the story, even when you KNEW that we do not allow this sort of thing.

For others reading this, the type of story is what is often referred to as "fan make", meaning the user takes the script from a show (tv, movie, cartoon, whatever), uses it wholesale as the story, and calls it his or her own. Sorry people, posting it with your user name doesn't make it yours, when it can be clearly shown to be the script of something.

You were lucky I didn't delete you outright for plagiarism.

Hello Annie Angel,

As one of the moderators, I am very sorry you feel this way about AFF, and that you find the Terms of Service too restrictive to continue posting here. As you are aware from previous correspondence, AFF does not allow Fanmake/Read the Book stories, and does not allow author's notes in the place of chapters.

The Terms of Service have been carefully put together to ensure the best protection is in place for authors, readers, the site administrators, and last but not least the original creators (without whom we would not have fanfiction).

This site is closely monitored and moderated to ensure adherence to those Terms of Service for the benefit of everyone.

If at some point in the future you feel able to abide by those few simple guidelines, then I hope you will post here again.

Thank you,

Dafdes

Please note that you are being held to the same standard as every other author on this site. You are not being asked to do anything different. If you believe that you deserve special treatment, I suggest you take the time to read your very childish rant above, and consider why anyone who behaves like that should be permitted to maintain an account on a site that is for adults.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I read this post like four times, and other than a headache (Followed by a small seizure) I didn't get much out of it. Did this person steal someone else's work and try to pass it off as their own, or just cut and paste a commercial story? Or was it so poorly written it got bumped?

Oh, is it true you're all leaving? I just got here and I get lonely easily!

Magusfang, as DemonGoddess explained this person posted a story that was a direct copy of a script of a show, or a published book by someone else. This is sometimes referred to as "read the book" fiction, I think, but it is purely just plagiarism, so that is not allowed on the site.

AFF does not delete stories for poor writing. The staff does not engage in quality control, no matter how much they might sometimes want to :D

And no, we're not leaving, not at all. My corner is right next to BronxWench, in my little crate :D

I'm in my corner with a doily on my lid. I have no plans of leaving, but if you feel the need please remember to bend at the knees for heavens sake.

Serious angel, if this rant is any indication of quality, then I think it's very clear out all of us that your works deserve to be taken down. You are immature, inarticulate, have no respect for grammar and are spiteful and petty to levels I have not seen here since that shades of grey plagiarist chucked a wobbly and was duly banhammered. If anything, AFF has been elevated by the exodus of you and your ilk.

And one last thing. You should never judge yourself by the number of "followers" (which do not exist on AFF) or reviews you have. This is neither an indication of quality or a healthy way to grow as an author. You will never hope to improve if you keep up this attitude, if such a thing is even of value to you.

Did we just hijack some whiney little whelps thread?

I'll see yer ninja kitty and raise ya a gallumping herd of elephant kitties!!

Bacardi is my preference for rum...

Appleton, nothing beats a good Jamaican rum

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.