Click Here!

Firearm's/Ammunition Beta

vladpryde

Hello everyone!

I would like to submit my role as a Beta for anyone who's looking for accuracy when it comes to Guns and Ammunition.

I am a self-taught hobbyist in the field of Firearms, Self-Defense, and Ammunition, with over 10 years of experience. I currently own 6 guns, and have owned as many as 8. I carry a gun daily (licensed by the State; I carry a Glock model 22 chambered in .40 S&W), and have carried a gun as part of my work as an Armed Security Officer with two different companies. Furthermore, I have studied/read thousands of articles related to Firearms and Self-Defense with a Firearm. I have also read many articles related to ammunition. I currently have almost a dozen books on the subject of Firearms, Self Defense with a Firearm, and Ammunition.

I am also a current member of the National Rifle Association. In .22 Long Rifle caliber, I hold the titles of Marksman, Pro-Marksman, Marksman First Class, and Sharpshooter; awarded through the NRA. I've also won 2nd Place in Pistol Range out of 180+ participants of the Washington State Law Enforcement Explorer Academy of 2003 (Summer Academy), representing the Vancouver Police Department.

Finally, I am a member of GlockTalk.com, which is the largest Firearms forum on the entire internet. I have been a member in Good Standing with them since August of 2004, and have approximately 3,800 various posts throughout the forum. This is not much; there are many people there who have over 50,000 posts in a far shorter amount of time. There are also countless more people there who own far more guns and ammunition then I do. This forum is a great resource for anyone seeking like minds when it comes to Firearms/Self Defense/Ammunition type of subjects. Also, if I ever need to refer to someone to get an answer, this is where I'll be going. A pool of knowledgeable people always trumps a book written by one.

I am also a great admirer and follower of the work of a man named Massad Ayoob (check out his blog here: http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/). He is a World-Renowned Expert in the field of Self-Defense, and has acted as an Expert Witness for the Courts for about 40 years. Currently, he is a Part-Time Police Captain (sworn Officer of 40+ years) in New Hamshire. He has written dozens of books over the years, including his gold standard "In The Gravest Extreme" which was a self-defense book written in the 80's. I have much of his work, and greatly admire it. I have also had the privilege of corresponding with him through GlockTalk, where he is a Expert Moderator in the "Go Ask The Experts" section. He's a great guy, and a bastion of wisdom when it comes to Self-Defense of all types.

So ask me anything about firearms/ammunition/Self-Defense/Use of Force/Use of Force Continuum, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you need a Beta for information or knowledge when it comes to firearms/ammunition (or any of the reasons I just listed), I'm your guy.

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you,

-Vladpryde

Edited by vladpryde

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.