Click Here!

Spring has Sprung! ... a leak?!

DemonGoddess

Firstly, I'd like to welcome all the new users we're seeing daily! Glad to have you here! Please do familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines. This IS a moderated archive.

Moderation Status (2014)

Updated monthly. February and March reports (click the links).

Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales

Current bi-monthly prompt is here

Current monthly prompt is here

Category requests and creation

There are a few ways where I'll create a new subcategory, upon request.

First (and quickest), request it in the forum. Directions for that are here. You don't need a forum login to make this request.

Request via email, at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org?subject=New Category. The above rules apply to an email request as well.

Name the fandom in your story itself, by disclaiming it properly. I go through the misc. categories about once a week and create categories for stories where there isn't one.

Please note this does NOT apply to pair specific type categories. For those, I need to see links to 5 pre-existing stories, with the pair that you want the category for.

Finally, if I ask for clarification before creating the category, please provide the information I need. If you don’t, I won’t create the category.

Common Plot Devices

When one sees a story based upon a plot device that is being used in a fandom (i.e. human AU for Buffy/Angel, creature fics in HP, that sort of thing), do not automatically assume that because your favorite author used the device, it then becomes his or her property. That’s simply not the case at all. Use of a plot device such at that does NOT constitute plagiarism. Further, harassment of authors for USING a plot device that someone else has used, claiming theft, will not be tolerated.

Author Update Times

Kindly remember that our authors have lives outside of their writing. There are often many things which will delay updates, where updates were regular before. Please be patient with those authors, and understand that their REAL lives must always take precedence to what they post. If you want to know why an author is slow in updating and post that to a review board, ASK, don’t HARASS.

Tagging your Stories

As authors, you know what story tags apply to your story. If adding the tags to the summary might be a spoiler of some sort for it, we recommend that you add the tag needed in the story, at the top of the chapter that the tag is needed for. There are, of course, certain tags that would generally apply to any story when posted, and those would go to the summary at the time of story creation. List of story tags is here.

Funding Status

As always, we appreciate and thank everyone who can donate. It's certainly not required of the users, but every little bit helps!

Staff Added Story tags

Some users will find that their older stories will have tags added. I don't do this for all stories, only the ones we find during clean up, which either need tags which did not exist at the time of posting, or were added a long time ago with insufficient tags. It's silly of us to email the user to fix it after years of it being like that. So, in those for instances, and ONLY those for instances, I fix them. Once I add them, please don't remove them.

Stories downed by the author(s)

In the course of writing, authors will choose at times to down their work. In that for instance, we ask that you respect the decision made by the author. This means, do not use our forum to ask for copies, or try to pass around material that is not yours.

TOS Enforcement

Enforcement is done across the board, no favorites are played. It is up to the user to be sure that he or she is familiar with both the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines, and that his or her story is in compliance. This goes back to the fact that this is a moderated archive. This is PART of the moderation.

Tech Bits

Transitional tasks-

These are functions that normally the user would do, but while parts of the software are still the old stuff, it falls to me.

1. Anonymous reviews turned on/off – The default is to disallow. I run a query daily to ALLOW them. If you DON'T want them enabled for you, email me and I'll make the adjustment.

2. Old format profile – This is currently inaccessible for user edits. Users can only edit the new profile. So, if there is information in your old style profile that you want gone, again, email me and I will take care of it.

Tech support, directions given

Just to reiterate, when I email out step by DIRECTIONS on how to do something, that is exactly what they are. Not suggestions, but directions. If followed as stepped out, it works very well. This means that the user must follow them in the order the steps are given.

Center login boxes

The boxes are intended for use for activation and registration ONLY. Once you've activated and/or registered, please logout, then BACK in, using the boxes at the upper right corner of your browser screen.

Our FAQ section has much useful information. Having said that, if you're still having trouble, you can either email tech support, or post in the tech support forum. It can take me up to 48 hours to respond, due to real life obligations. Please be patient, I WILL get to you as soon as I can.

Please remember that the authors you read do like to hear from you! Leave them a review or two, and let them know how they're doing!

DemonGoddess061