Click Here!

Review Replies for Returning to Sanity

AchillesTheGeek

This is where I will post any replies to reviews to my story Returning to Sanity.

You can find RtS at http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097837&chapter=1

Short Summary: It's just after the Battle of Hogwarts, and the insanity that was Voldemort is over. The clean-up is about to begin. How will the Wizarding World return to sanity? And will Harry manage to keep his?

Notes: Drarry. EWE. This story was going to be short but seems to have turned into a saga chronicling the events after the Second Wizarding War. It somehow seems to manage to be slow-moving and action-packed at the same time. While there is some smut, it's more about the plot. I know. Don't blame me, I didn't plan it that way.

Warnings: Some smut, possible MPREG but that still hasn't happened after 62 chapters.

Edited by AchillesTheGeek

Thanks to delia cerrano for being my first reviewer on aff!

A terrific epic of a story with a very original plot point ...the Debt.

I'm glad you like it. I am currently writing chapter 64, so "epic" certainly describes the length! And as you say, the Debt of Magical Emancipation is mine, all mine, my precioussss... Oops, sorry, channelling my inner Gollum there!

delia cerrano: Thanks for calling me clever! :)

BAFan

(Ch. 8): Thanks! The Debt is indeed a new twist on the Life Debt.

(Ch. 10) The Aurors Draco is thinking of here are just the ones immediately present, on duty at the gravesite, which doesn't include Robin or Toby (a fact that does come out later).

(Ch 11): Agreed.

(Ch. 15) Not quite sure what "that" is; Draco not 'fraternizing' with Harry? No, Lucius is trying to evade the Debt; and as you will soon find, he is no more successful than he ought to be!

(Ch. 20) Glad you're enjoying mature Weasleys. Yes, betrayal fics can be a bit tediously repetitive; but I enjoy them from time to time. As you say, typically Ron, Ginny and Molly are singled out as villains. I also wanted to present Ron a bit more grown up; that's why I gave him an unusual skill in spotting glamours. The reasoning is that, having grown up with the twins, he got used to being suspicious about everything and looking for pranks.

And thank you for the comment about 'excellent writing'! Much appreciated.

Tony Halsaver: Thanks! It always amazes, and humbles, me that people like my story enough to read straight through! It present up to chapter 64 is written, so quite a bit to go yet! And there will be more, D.v..

BAFan: Thanks for your reviews, all very welcome.

1. Yaxley isn't going to get through two Aurors and the wards on GP by himself (he had Hermione's help in DH), so the traps aren't really needed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  2. Please let me know if you spot typos -- I will weed them out. I am somewhat fanatical about correct expression, as you have noticed. (I saw a story with '*baited breath' the other day. Always makes me think of a mouth with a mousetrap in it, and cheese on the tongue.)
  3. Ch30: there was something odd with the formatting. Should be fixed now.
  4. Ch31: Glad you enjoyed this. I had a lot of fun writing it.
  5. Ch32: And this one! And plotting so the resolve in ch33 didn't seem like a forced Deus ex machina moment. At least, I hope not!
  6. Ch35: Yeah, Dudders ends up fine.

Tony Halsaver: MPREG has been discussed a bit; I have reached a decision, but you will have to wait and see what it is! Thanks for reviewing, and the encouragement to continue!

BAFan: Thanks, always good to know what people appreciate. As for the textual points,

delia cerrano: Thanks! As for splitting Harry & Draco apart...I hadn't really planned on it ... perhaps I should ... <evil grin>

BAFan: I did a scan throughout the text on AO3 (which is much easier than here as I don't have to do it in CBAC fashion) and found a 'Maxine' in chapter 11 as well so should be fixed now. And you'll find I am allowing my inner English geek out a lot in this story; my beta comments that she learns many new words / phrases from RtS; and she actually is English!

BAFan:

Madame Dubois is behaving rather strangely. Why complain to a Ministry head about Banks when even her charges said his behavior was exemplary?

Evidently Mme Dubois is not entirely rational when she sees red -- Banks was there, her charges were upset, it added up to an accusation in her mind.

Bill knows that Smetana is Karkaroff?

No, Bill knows that Karkaroff is the only other source of information about the ritual. He trusts the people he's told not to spread it. Of course, by the end of the chapter, he's going to have a pretty good idea; Karkaroff is risking that in order to make sure that Harry sees the map.

the tension is building nicely once more and I eagerly await the next update.

Thanks!

BAFan Ch. 57: see chapter 58! But you're absolutely right: being at Hogwarts suddenly makes it much more real exactly what Harry's engagement means to Hermione
delia cerrano Ch 57? 58? not sure: Thanks. Quite a lot happening at the moment, isn't there. As for who it is, all in good time!

• 1 month later...

Kat:

Yay! Dudley deserves to be welcomed as much as Harry. I'm glad that Rosier and Umbridge are getting their just desserts.

I agree! On both counts!

bayand68

I was wondering if u hv any plans 4 petunia but other than that LOVING the story keep up the grt work ;)

I certainly do! They will become evident in a few chapters' time; the context of Petunia's punishment needs something else to happen before it gets revealed. Thanks for the compliment!

BAFan : yes, that's exactly what I imagined; Dolores completely lost it at that point, which is why she said something so vulgar!

• 2 weeks later...

After ch 70:

delia cerrano: Funny, it was conceived as mostly fluff. The bonding is coming up on 26 Sep so I'm working things through till then; though there's a bit to happen first. Having a baby: not for the moment. Rosier is getting his in the next chapter or so. Eva: not sure how long that will take.

BAFan: Thanks for "a very good chapter", appreciate that. Eva doesn't have many resources, I'm not planning on giving her that much more.
"Curly questions" are not straightforward -- so difficult, challenging.

ch 71 reviews:

Scotty asks "I just want to know, what happened withe Petunia?"

Answer: all in good time! I have not forgotten her. Thanks for reading!

BAFan is "eager to see what happens next."

Me too!

Outlawgal

It's humbling to think that my simple fluffy story could move you. Thank you for your comment!

delia cerrano follows:
Well, there's still quite a bit to come!

I don't think Draco really liked Astoria, somehow. I feel she and Ginny are cop-outs in the books.

Thanks for commenting.

ch 72 reviews:

delia cerrano:

[Hermione & Pansy are pregnant?] I'm not entirely sure about Pansy, but it seems that way.

[i hope someone is coming up or working on something for Harry & Draco to have children]: See next chapter.

[Their wedding should be quite the event of a lifetime!] Coming soon!

[Where is the honeymoon going to be] Secret!

[are they all doing that together also.] No.

BAFan:

71:

[Time alone will tell if he is sincere.]: Indeed

[Good chapter!]: Thanks!

[an interesting start to the new term] Er .. Harry harrassed, a hexing, pregnancies ... you could say that!

[Poor, stupid Astoria. Let's hope she grows up a little bit - soon.] Don't know that she'll feature much more -- do you want to see her?

BlackDawgFang:

Thanks! How very kind.

melann:

Glad you like it! Purr...

Sharae

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Replies to ch75

delia cerrano:

• I'm glad you like what's happened with Dudley.
  • There's one celebration first, so I think the weddings will be in ch77. That's what I'm aiming for, anyway.
  • Eva is indeed a stinker; but don't count her out just yet!

Oops, posting as me now:

Replies to ch75

delia cerrano:

• I'm glad you like what's happened with Dudley.
  • There's one celebration first, so I think the weddings will be in ch77. That's what I'm aiming for, anyway.
  • Eva is indeed a stinker; but don't count her out just yet!

Replies to ch76:

Kat: Thanks! Eva's not sad that she got away. I think we may learn a bit more about what happened with Fudge, but it wasn't pretty. Wedding coming soon.

BAFan:Thanks! It was quite a struggle to write, actually. I don't really like writing the stuff at Hogwarts for some reason. But the party, once I got going, yeah, that was fun. And the idea for the Malfoys' costumes was really amusing to write out. I agree about Eva.

staar: Welcome aboard! I let Eva get away because the goodies don't aways get their way. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Replies to comments on ch77:

staar:

Thank you for the update,....I'm dieting to know who is the red !!!!! can't wait for the wedding !!!!!!!!!!! see you soon again !!

LOL! "Dieting" is not necessary. Coming soon ...

mamid3:

I started reading this story and got hook so I spend 3 days I a row reading it, at some point it made me feel I was going on circles or back since everything happens in a matter of weeks. I will like to know what happens to aunt petunia , because I only saw with happens to Vernon and Dolores . Can I ask u a favor? Can we get to the part of mpreg faster? Lol . keep up the good work

Thank you, I'm humbled to hear that you just kept reading. The story does meander a bit, I agree, but we are coming to the pointy end, I assure you. Petunia will be discussed soon, and MPREG sooner ...

Naughty_megs:

I have just caught up on this story, it's exceptionally written! Love the story lines and character interactions. Can't wait to read more, jkeep up the great work!

Thanks! Ch78 is nearly ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Replies to comments on chapter 78:

Meechypoo:

Beautiful ceremony and I love the twist on the Best Man and Maid Of Honor! The Spirit of the Elder wand is about to grant our boys there ultimate wish, absolutely perfect!

Thanks. Yeah, I couldn't resist playing with Harry's mind just a little. And exactly what happened at the end of the chapter will be discussed in a couple of chapters' time.

staar:

wow so it's Draco who going to have the baby yes !!!!!!!!!! Beautifully written this last chapter, thanks for it and can't wait for more @@@@@!!!!!!

We'll have to wait and see. Thanks!

delia cerrano

Lovely weddings. Honeymoons sounded great too. I have a hunch that Draco is now going to be pregnant and that the little glimpses of red in the shield plus the young boy Harry sees in his dreamscapes are Severus Snape somehow. I wish that meant he was alive somehow. Harry still has the Resurection Stone or whatever it's called. Maybe that could be used. There should be a way but it has to be a crafty wizardy way because Harry can't just go around bringing everyone back to life.

Thanks. More on the honeymoons next time. Snape, eh? Time will tell. You're right, Harry can't bring everyone back to life.

• 3 weeks later...

Replies to reviews for chapter 79:

staar:

the red light it's not the dark lord please say no....or is it there baby boy !!!!!!!!!!! loved it and it's true Harry here is to nice ok cause his aunt does not deserve a second chance for all the shit she did to him well thanks for the update and hope to see you soon !!!!!!!

Voldemort is in the Sphere of Intangible Absence. As for their baby boy, we shall have to see.

The Potter Code's prerequisite for a second chance is that you have to accept the need for it; that is, a genuine repentance. Petunia is being given the opportunity to demonstrate that her repentance is indeed genuine; nothing more.

Scotty:

Wow. I'm glad to see Petunia is back. If she has really changed, and is really sorry, then she has a lot of work ahead of her to prove herself. Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next one. :)

Absolutely. Harry is definitely not going to give her a free ride.

Meechypoo:

This was a wonderful chapter. I'm glad that Petunia is finally understanding just what she did to Harry and how bad of an aunt she actually was. I can't wait for Draco and Harry to find out that Draco is pregnant and to finally meet the spirit of the Elder Wand! So cool!

Ah, we shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

Replies for chapter 81 reviews:

Anthony Darbyshire-Taylor:

I must say that it's not surprising to see that Umbridge has not learnt her lesson and is refusing to change her ways. That being said, that last touch at the end of the chapter was simply sublime. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with Rita and Eva.

"sublime": wow! Thanks!

staar:

what happened to Umbridge was fantastic !!!!!!!!!! ok is Draco pregnant or what !!!!!!!!!!! thanks see you soon !!!!

Thanks. It was fun being evil to her. And Draco? We shall see.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.