Click Here!

Pippychick's LotR Fiction - Review Responses

pippychick

The slightly underage Thranduil of course. You know you want to write it... ;)

Or both. Both is good. :D

My Elrond muse thinks you are both entirely evil ;) As an aside, however, I am considering a case of Elrond mistaking Thranduil for Oropher, after Oropher has gotten him quite, quite, drunk. That could work, as an AU of course. Thranduil, I suspect he would be quite the opportunist, even young as he is.

Such a perfect scene, this is. It has an elegance, almost a timeless feel to it, despite how deadly earnest Elrond and Thranduil are.

I will admit, I find myself drawn to Thranduil's youthful eagerness, and like so many other young people, he falls prey to the folly of wishful thinking, as if wishes were enough to change reality. Elrond is made of sterner stuff, and won't let himself be drawn in, not even by this beautiful and adoring elfling. I can see how the seeds were planted, right then, and why Thranduil never relented in his desire to possess Elrond, and to be possessed by him.

Lovely as ever!

Thank you so much, Bronx! :)

As I was writing Thranduil here, and before, I found myself remembering how it felt to be *that* young, and how black and white everything seemed. For Thranduil, he simply does not understand why it is impossible, and of course he takes it personally and to heart. Elrond should have expected the upset, really, considering his abrupt manner.

As for Elrond, there really isn't even a smidgen of interest in him here. He protects; he does not harm or injure. Thranduil is lucky, really, because by denying him, Elrond gives him room to grow and mature. Though he is entirely oblivious to those seeds... silly Elrond! :D

Oh, thank you from the bottom of my dark heart! This was even better than I dared dream, and as delicious as I'd hoped.

Thranduil is very, very good at jumping into things without thinking them through, at least as an elfling. But he is also luckier by far than he should be, and so are we, to be treated to this exquisite deflowering. You had me from the very first word, but this line: "He spoke as Thranduil had never dreamed to hear him, and his voice was like dark sin, rippling over him, making his body react to the intimacy of it." Luscious, just completely glorious. And the end was beyond perfect.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you, Bronx! And you are welcome :)

Thranduil is a plucky young thing, precocious and bold as brass, but here he gets a bit in front of himself. He dives straight in expecting to find his teacher, and of course he finds only his father's lover. He really didn't think it through at all.

He was lucky, indeed. Elrond could have unintentionally hurt him, or worse, found out that he was doing so. I dread to imagine what Elrond's reaction would have been to that.

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading!

This was so... Perfect!! I loved it and it seem so like something Thranduil would do as a naughty elfling. LOL He got more than he bargained for though, didn't he? I loved the ending and wonder what's going through Elrond's head at the sight of that bruise.

Thank you for writing this and I will protect you from your Elrond muse!

CL

Thank you, CL! I really hope I managed to make you smile with this... *hugs*

lol, he did get more than he bargained for, but he is just incapable of resisting temptation, and I expect he felt rather pleased with himself for getting away with it in the end, despite all the frightening moments. He just never stops to think whether he should do a thing.

Since this is AU, we'll let Elrond wonder about that bruise, and about his vague patchy drunken memories of what he got up to in the middle of the night. And eventually he'll convince himself that he's imagining it all, because surely Thranduil wouldn't! Even though he knows very well that Thranduil definitely would. *evil grin*

I'm so glad to hear these events from Thranduil's perspective, and it's astonishingly touching. In Elrond's telling, Thranduil is so strong, and certain. It's good to see the side of Thranduil that doubts, and remembers loving Elrond for far too long to want to hurt Elrond now. And yes, a great deal of Thranduil's strength is due to the games he's played with Nimbrethil for so long, but part of it is most assuredly because Thranduil has desired this for almost all his life.

Gorgeous, and as perfect as Thranduil himself... :D

Wow, thank you so much, Bronx :)

I'm so glad it's good to read. I enjoyed writing Thranduil's perspective on this scene. It's a good exercise for me, but I wanted to do it too. Perhaps I've inadvertently ended up teasing myself with all of his young unfulfilled yearning :D

Ordinarily, I wouldn't describe Thranduil as patient, but really his patience is a match for Elrond's. Elrond really does fight him every single step of the way, even long after this scene has been and gone, but Thranduil will have everything in the end.

I enjoyed this chapter thoroughly! A dominant Legolas is delicious enough, but to have him toy with Galion was just sublime. He is very much his father's son at times, and he does manage to be wonderfully haughty and demanding. And Galion really does ask for it, so very prettily. I can only imagine how Thranduil will punish him, and how eagerly he'll return to Legolas to see if he can incite another punishment.

Wonderful as ever! :D

Thank you Bronx!

Really glad you enjoyed it :D Legolas clearly knows Galion is encouraging him, but I'm not certain he realises to what extent. I'm sure Galion feels like he has the full set now, and if sticker books existed in Middle Earth, he'd be happily affixing a picture of Legolas into a little vacant slot next to Thranduil and Oropher.

You're not the only person imagining the subsequent “punishment” Galion will endure. I'll be writing it for Sandgrain, just as soon as I've got the next chapter of the main story done.

I can't promise it will be from Galion's point of view. That would spill too many secrets I might want to use later on (depending if he takes any part in the story or not). I have a pretty clear idea of who he is, and where he hails from. The elf is ancient even compared to Elrond. So, it'll probably be Thranduil's point of view.

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend! :)

Ai, Elrond is simply glorious, even if he still manages to be the Teacher even in his sweet submission. Thranduil is wicked indeed, though, and I admit I squeaked just a little when he pointed out what Legolas gets up to with Elladan and Elrohir. But then, you know how much I adore that trio! :D

I think I've never enjoyed anything as much as Thranduil and Legolas teasing by comparing notes. Poor Elrond. All he'd need is Oropher, and I do think his poor head would explode.

Just lovely, and a perfect treat for a late spring afternoon, as delicious as cold berries and cream, and just as sweet.

Thank you Bronx! :)

Glad you liked Elrond here, and Thranduil is very evil, but he insisted. I had to put it in. And of course the three of them are at it... orc nests... ha! ;)

Elrond really has had it when Oropher joins in. He'll think it's all hilarious. I'm sure between the three of them they'll be able to make Elrond lose his temper. Not that it will help him at all... :D

I'm really happy you enjoyed reading. Now all I have to do is write Elrond/Celebrían to be better than that.... and then. Oh, dear Gods... :( *hugs Elrond*

Oh, I know. Poor precious elf...

Yes... at this point, I am not sure anyone is prepared for the heartbreak of canon events... not even me. *sighs*

I had to go back and read the scene from Elrond's pov because I thought I'd misremembered it but no, it was what I remembered. Thranduil seemed so sure when it was told from Elrond's perspective that I had no idea he'd been questioning himself like he was. This was a beautiful accompaniment to The Teacher and I always like it when you post these out takes or maybe re-imagined scenes from the main story. I love seeing this side of Thranduil because knowing how much he loves Elrond and for how long he longed for him makes him somehow more than just the cocky king that he comes off as most of the time.

Well done as always, now on to a bit of promised yummy. ;)

CL

Thank you, CL! :)

Lol, it's worth remembering that Thranduil is all about appearances. To him life is a stage. He knows what Elrond needs from him, and because it's Elrond, he gets all that in depth attention. Also because it's Elrond, Thranduil questions his own motives.

Thankfully, Thranduil really wasn't paying attention in class, and so while Elrond might be ethically unimpeachable, Thranduil certainly is not.

Thank you for your compliments... *blushes* I have to admit, I've been really enjoying writing Thranduil's pov, no matter what age he is. He's so rewarding when I scratch away his veneer to see what's underneath.

Ah, enjoy the next one. I'm already on with more Galion. I can't seem to help myself.

You really do know me well, don't you? This was perfect. Thank you so much for writing it. I do so love a dominant Legolas.

CL

Thank you, CL! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and dom!Legolas. :)

He's so loving and playful it would take Galion to make him act that way. Maybe next time I'll manage to get a bit of spanking in, since someone has already requested a continuation. :D

A young Thranduil is completely delectable, but you know that already. Why else would you write him, this tender and oh-so-needy young elf? I can feel his frustration and desire leaping out from the words, and hear every muffled sigh as he tries so hard to win over his stern teacher. I wonder if Elrond is aware of what he's doing to his young charge, or if Elrond still deludes himself that he can control Oropherion, any more than he could control Oropher himself?

I adore this lovely collection of glimpses behind the scenes, and I am so glad you're sharing them with us!

Thank you so much Bronx! :)

I love writing him. Certain of his later adult characteristics are here, but much of him is not entirely set. These are formative years, as they say, and I wonder how different he might have turned out had Elrond dismissed him at the first sign of his ardour.

As for Elrond, he does not have a clue what he's doing, or how it's affecting Thranduil. If he did he'd drop him sharpish.

He really believes it's silly infatuation (and moreover that it's entirely misplaced). He thinks that Thranduil will soon grow out of it, and that they can continue as teacher and student. He's sensible that he can give Oropher's son a much more thorough and beneficial education than the usual scholars. But he's also loathe to let Thranduil go so easily. He enjoys teaching, and when Thranduil is gone, it will be over. I think it's that which keeps him blind to what is going on beneath the surface. Silly elf.

I don't know if there will be any more with young Thranduil, but these extra scenes will continue. I'm working on a couple of different requests at the moment. :)

• 2 months later...

From BronxWench on August 08, 2016

Such a beautiful chapter... beginning in darkness, progressing to the lovely threesome, so wicked and yet still somehow made innocent by their love, and ending with the passionate wonder of Elrond's love for Celebrían. The entire chapter was intoxicating, and the wonderful bits of humor in between were sublime. Thranduil's default position, indeed. So wicked, the King is, and how wonderful it was for Elrond to have his family back again.

Still, there's a lingering chill form Elrond's visions, and my heart aches.

Thank you Bronx! :)

There are a lot of parts to this chapter - I'm glad it works and doesn't just end up as a kind of jumbled mess (that was my fear). There are some nice Elrond/Cel bits coming up soon. I want a last chance to play with them, and I couldn't take that away from Elrond either. Poor sod.

Yes, the visions. I suspect these are going to get a little clearer for him as time goes on, but it's a good job he didn't see anything more immediate. He would not have been able to rest, and I suspect even Thranduil would not have been able to calm him. :(

So glad you liked it! :wub:

From BronxWench on August 12, 2016

Galion is beyond intriguing. I wonder... is he one of the Ainur, existing long before the elves were awoken by the Valar? He certainly makes me think ot them, so ancient he must be to ponder turning to stone.

I can almost pity Legolas, having gained Galion's attentions. Legolas can provide the spice Galion needs, indeed, but I'm not sure Legolas is ready to play with so ancient a manipulator as the lovely Galion. And yes, this could have gotten quite dark, as you said. That would have been a pity. On the other hand, Galion cares for Thranduil so much, and so well. I'm glad he's there to watch over Orophorion as tenerly as he does.

I love when I'm left with as many questions as answers, and I'll hope that the Galion muse deigns to visit again. Just superbly done, as always!

Thank you so much! :)

Now, see, when people ask questions I feel an instant need to answer them! *tries to resist*

Okay... I have to say these things.

1. Galion is not Ainur. He is not that old, though I do see him as one of the early generations born after the elves' awakening. He might well remember the dark. He's definitely stopped counting the centuries.

2. Teleri. Some of them halted in the great journey at the misty mountains and did not go further.

3. Without knowledge or guidance, perhaps a tribe of forgotten elves might have followed the same path as those monks of Tibet who ate less and less until they preserved their own flesh for all time. It would seem to those who watched as if the elves concerned simply 'turned to stone.'

4. Especially if all of this were happening in the frozen wastes of Forodwaith north of the blue mountains. That tribe may have been forced/wiped out when dragons retreated there after the first age.

5. Taking into account all of the above, I would guess that Angband's proximity before then meant that elves were often 'picked off' by Melkor if they went wandering too far alone. Only to return as orcs to attack their former friends/relations. It would have been quite a dark life, but a very close and guarded community. Their population would have have been controlled by Melkor (perhaps deliberately... he might have seen them as 'livestock') so that they never drew the attention of the wider world and were forgotten. Perhaps the men of Forodwaith had legends of elves who dwelt in the icy wastes.

6. If Elrond has been reading a book he's never seen before, full of stories of the Teleri, then the source of those stories must be extant in Thranduil's realm. I imagine it was quite easy for Galion to swear the scribe whom he made use of to keep his silence.

Dammit... I can't resist anything. Galion will be back, but in The Teacher, where he has a small but important part to play. Unless I feel compelled to write his story in full at some point. His life is really quite interesting.

*is terrible at secrets and mystery*

Thank you for your review Bronx! I'm really glad you like Galion :)

From BronxWench on August 17, 2016

I will always enjoy these glimpses of Elrond with Celebrían. Their love is passionate and glorious, and it does feel like coming home, when they are together. How perfect they are, really.

It's a sweet counterpoint to Elrond and Thranduil, another passionate and glorious love affair. Thranduil really does resist submitting to Elrond, but when he does, it is utterly delicious. And Elrond shows such tender care, giving Thranduil what he needs without being cruel or hurtful. Elroind's premonition gave me such chills, though. My heart break for him already...

Utterly perfect, and the het was more than wonderful.

Thank you, Bronx :)

I'm so glad you enjoy seeing them - I adore Elrond and Celebrian. It'll definitely feel like an ending when she leaves, since this fic has included the entire timeline of their relationship (even if there hasn't been a great deal of detail dedicated to them).

As for Elrond and Thranduil... I've loved writing them throughout this too. They will continue, and there will be more Elronduil in the rest of the story. But the world has been changing, the watchful peace is ended, and with Celebrian's loss the next generation will come to the fore. We (and Elrond) will see much more of Legolas going forward. Will Elrond/Legolas reach the heights and depths of Elrond/Oropher or Elrond/Thranduil? I hope so... :)

Edited by dafdes

I am most hopeful that Elrond/Legolas will achieve the heights and depths of Elrond/Oropher and Elrond/Thranduil. It seems to be a gift of the Mirkwood elves, doesn't it? :D

• 4 weeks later...

From BronxWench on September 12, 2016

For Gold and Green:

The Lord of the Golden Wood and the King of Eryn Galen are extraordinarily wonderful together, even better than my imaginings when you told me you were writing this chapter. From Thraduil's pique at Celeborn's greater height, to his frustration at Celeborn's seemingly aimless patience, every word was a delight to read. Even the distraction of Galion, ever willing to humor Thranduil's desires, did not soothe Thranduil for long.

And Thranduil does not want to surrender, in any way, stubborn elf. I will say I adored when he told Celeborn that Celebron was the most frustrating elf. It's not as though Thranduil was so sweet or compliant himself, but Celeborn's response was glorious.

The lovemaking, that was both beautiful and somewhat bittersweet, with Thranduil's memories of Elrond, and all the love he has for the Lord of Imladris. Celeborn's gentle understanding and tender love was exactly what the stubborn Thranduil needs, though, and it ended so wonderfully, with new love to bolster the fragile King. (I know, he would hate that I think him fragile, but in his grief and lonelieness, he is often just that.)

Just lovely, my dear, as ever. I'm in awe of your writing, and your glorious elves.

Thank you so much, Bronx!  :wub:

Thranduil definitely finds Celeborn infuriating. Doesn't Celeborn know that NO ONE seduces King Thranduil, Master of all those he surveys? Even though Celeborn hasn't admitted to the reason for his visit, Thranduil senses it, and it does not please him. He's a handful, all right. Happily, as it turns out, Celeborn has large hands.

I have no doubt Galion watched the whole spectacle progress with great interest. I must confess I'm very curious about what happened and what was said when he and Celeborn spoke. So curious in fact that I might have to write it.

I'm glad you liked the sex scene. It's always difficult finding a balance as an author between the action, and getting across the emotional resonance you want it to hold. Plus, it takes so much to get Thranduil's character to participate in a scene like that I always worry I've failed him. But he's so sweet and almost vulnerable when he does it's worth all the effort.

Thank you for your compliments! :) You really give my confidence a boost every time you review, and it's great to see your reactions and responses as a reader. I'm glad that you had a good time reading. *sighs happily*

for A Light in the Black

BY : pippychick

• From BronxWench on September 14, 2016

It's always hard to believe anything could be worse than eternity as Sauron's slave, but I imagine Maglor is not at all eager to find out. And I find I have to agree with him. Anything that makes Sauron afriad would be too terrifying to contemplate.

Their games have a new twist, though, don't they? Sauron will need Maglor now, as much as Maglor needs Sauron. How very intriguing this is, and I'm absolutely on the edge of my seat to see what you have in store.

Thank you so much, Bronx! :)

I am writing this with the events from that little Melkor/Sauron fic in mind, so worse than being Sauron’s slave is being Melkor’s. I had a little plotbunny about Melkor’s having tried out all his torture technique’s on Sauron first, before using those techniques to turn elves into orcs. Sauron is genuinely surprised that Maglor hasn’t lost that light. His own has been missing for a long time.

As to their games. This is going to turn around very slowly, but it will. Sauron already sees it, and he’s already thinking up ways to try and stave it off. But he’s going to fail in that. He does need Maglor, and it shifts the balance of power. Of course, Maglor is going to get quite far before it occurs to him that everything has changed. And while neither of them can afford for Maglor to lose his soul, can Maglor help himself?

Reviews for A Light in the Black

• From Joyeuse on September 18, 2016

Such an interesting and intriguing start!

Yesterday, I read your other story, "Fallen", in order to know the ropes about Sauron/Maglor' s relationship and now I am eager to read this new story of yours.
    Fallen has a brilliant plot and its characters are amazing.  The relationship between Sauron and Maglor is twisted, but there is a special kind of beauty on it, I guess there is even love between them. Chapter 24 is glorious!

Thank you for sharing your stories!

Thank you so much, Joyeuse! :)

I’m glad you’re on board with this, and thank you for your kind comments on ‘Fallen’ *blushes* There’s definitely something between Sauron and Maglor, and whatever that is, it’s about to be severely tested.

I do plan to turn the tables a little bit here, and it will be slow going. Fallen took me months to write, and I don’t envisage this being any quicker. The heavy stuff is more demanding and needs a lot of time to settle.

You’ve made me very happy today :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Reviews for The Hook

• From CloverReef on October 10, 2016

You certainly have a talent for beautiful despair. The way you sculpt your impressive vocabulary lends itself so well to stories like this. I liked that struggle between being resigned to his fate, rebelling against it, and craving it all at once. The characters and their desires were made so real, relatable, and fantastically heinous all at once. It's understandable why Sauron (sp?) would be so fascinated by the elf's personality. I mean, how many centuries of this torture, and still that elf hadn't become even remotely jaded or bitter. He remained so sensitive despite everything he'd been through, and I think that just made it all the more tragic. 

So fucking awesome. Well done. 

Wow… thank you so much! :)

It’s strange, but I’ve written much of my Sauron/Maglor from Maglor’s point of view, and I know my version of him so well. As well as Sauron does, so when I write a part from Sauron’s point of view, it feels all the more tragic and inevitable. Sauron (at least in my mind) would do this. He would enjoy it. He would be fascinated, and he would find Maglor’s despair beautiful. My job (for as much as I complain about what he gives me to work with) is to try and make it palatable, to make the reader feel an echo of that, and be unable to look away, because Maglor is so beautiful when he suffers. Your review indicates I had some success in that, so thank you!

Also, for completely different reasons, I really needed this today. :wub:

Although now I’m feeling that I should have warned you not to read before bed… *little evil laugh*

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for The Teacher - Missing Scenes

• From BronxWench on October 19, 2016

Oh, my goodness, how I love this one! The echoes of the past, indeed, and Thranduil does push. He always pushes. Elrond will always have his hands full with Oropherion.

But this: "If it did, he would beg for a bottle to take home with him, he knew. When you lived so long, you became dependent on more visceral things to remind you of times long past. The taste of a particular wine, the scent of a perfume or a melody. They were like keys that opened up the centuries and the ages like keepsake boxes. Just the idea of that wine had made him remember those nights with Oropher. He did not know what wonders the taste of it would have him recall."

That is simply the most evocative and sublime phrasing. Honestly, it paints so vivid a picture in my mind that I'm breathless. Elrond has made me quite wistful, just there.

Absolutely wonderful, as always! 

Thank you so much, Bronx! :hug:

Thranduil can push Elrond’s buttons without even trying, lol. Perhaps, in comparison, everyone else in Middle Earth seems easy to deal with, which is why Elrond comes across as so endlessly patient all the time.

I think that for elves, it would be quite easy to forget vast periods of your life on a day-to-day basis, for years and years at a time. In fact, it would probably be necessary, else you’d do nothing else with your time except for remember.

Glad you liked it! I think the teacher/student thing has done all the mileage it can now… *sniffles* But I’ll always love that aspect of Elronduil :)

• From BronxWench on October 23, 2016

There is a terrible beauty in this chapter. I think perhaps Sauron touched on the most important thing in the very beginning, when he realises Maglor must know him as intimately as he knows Maglor, and he had given more of himself to Maglor than he would willingly have done had he thought about it. It is, of course, very much the same for Sauron and his Master. Melkor might know Sauron with the same intimacy, but Sauron also knows much about Melkor.

The inclusion of the interlude between Sauron and Melkor was most effective, and as chilling as it was the first time. Somehow, the description of Melkor's first physical form was even more profoundly frightening, perhaps because it highlights Sauron's awareness of the effect Maglor's true appearance would have on his slave. He fears, perhaps rightly, Maglor's light would fade if he knew just how ruined he is. 

But really, when Melkor chooses to reveal himself, it grows dark indeed. I cannot imagine how terrifying it was for Maglor to hear Sauron admit fear. It is simply inconceivable, I would think, how the object of Maglor's terror could be afraid himself. And then, of course, there is Sauron's trademark cruelty:

"Maglor turned his head blindly towards the sound of his Master's voice, and he could not remember every cruelty he had endured under the shadow of Sauron's hand; that was impossible. Only enough to understand that the immensity of his suffering had forged something, even if that was only an expression of possessive intent."

Utterly chilling, that. At least until one reads the final paragraph...

As I said, terrible and beautiful, and yes, very frightening indeed. Brava!

Wow, thank you so, so much for this!  :wub:

I have to admit I was a little afraid of posting it, even though it’s been mostly written for a while now. Your review reassures me, I needn’t have worried, and I thank you for that :)

I know how this will end, I have a good idea of the reasons for all of the characters being where they are, and what will happen to them. How I will get there is an exploration. But as I wrote this, I realised a few things:

One, that Maglor can’t be as he was in Fallen. Something changed in Maglor at the end of Fallen, and it’s this more than the torture he has endured which has changed the appearance of his true self. Even though, at the time of writing, I honestly believe he came to regret his twisted torture of Legolas, he at least considered it – and that is enough.

Two, that while I don’t want to repeat myself, I do love echoes, and Sauron/Maglor is very much an echo of Melkor/Sauron in some respects.

And, lastly, that being said, I’ve often mentioned that writing Sauron is like writing a serial killer, and I stick to that. Melkor is not the same at all. Sauron has plans and ambitions. Melkor has consuming desires, and deep down he is quite, quite insane. There’s something very maniacal about him.

I’m so glad to hear your thoughts, because it seems I got across what I wanted to get across, and that makes me happy. The thing that worried me about this chapter was Sauron’s thoughts early on, about the box. As soon as he got on about it, I knew I was going to have to at least refer to it. Because he really would do that to a prisoner. He’d definitely do it to Maglor. There’s no way I could ignore it, and still have his character right. But, there’s usually something Sauron brings up that makes me want to kill him. Melkor looks to be going along the same path, if the vision he gave to Maglor at the end of the chapter is anything to go by.

I’m looking forward to writing the adult Mithedhel next. This story is going to need his cheerful disposition to break it into manageable chunks.

Anyway, I’ve rambled on a bit – sorry! Thank you again! :)

I will say I’m dreading Melkor paying any attention at all to Maglor. The elf has endured so much, and that might, finally, destroy what he’s managed to cling to all these long years.

Yes, poor Maglor. I blame Tolkien, really. I mean on the one hand you have: “These are elves, who are immortal! Look at them! They are beautiful, shiny things!” and on the other you have: “...and he never came back among the people of the elves.” Me, I put those two things together and it’s more ominous than the US election.

From Joyeuse on October 31, 2016

What a start! I am biting my nails...
A dense and ominous atmosphere, a place without time or distance... Seems to be a liminal place where an important transformation is about to take place.  And I quess it would be Sauron the one to face the hardest part of this transformation.  
This chapter is amazing, as it`s amazing how you are forging with your words a story full of darkness and beauty.  Cause there is beauty on it as there is light in the darkness!  
After reading these paragraph: 
"...I will make a mirror just for you. You may gaze in it to your heart's content, for as long as you wish, aware that it is too late to change anything"   I definitely fell under Melkor`s spell.

I will be waiting for the next chapter.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us! : )

Wow – thank you so much for all of these comments, Joyeuse! :wub:

You are quite right in your thoughts about Sauron, though the most important part of the transformation will take place for the reader (if I am good enough). Ha! I am reminded of Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons: “Only one thing could bring me greater glory: to win her back!” After spending most of Fallen impressing on the reader that Sauron is an evil, manipulative, reprehensible piece of work (which he still is, don’t be deceived), I hope to inspire your sympathy for him nevertheless. It might be impossible – but I will try it.

Thank you for saying it is beautiful – I hope it will be, because the end I have planned will mean the end of all these characters for good. I’ll be leaving them in a place where they can settle, forever.

Ahh… if you fall under Melkor’s spell… *swallows* Resist!

The next chapter will be a lot lighter. It will have Mithedhel in it, and a flashback of Mithedhel and Athan. He’s about to go seeking his brother out. Won’t he be shocked?

Again, thank you so much for encouraging me! :hug:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.